what if prime frames had a free slot for augments

(PSN)tissot555

You either provide a free slot for augments for all warframes or don't change anything. They don't just change how powers work, they amplify them just as other mods do. What you are suggesting places regular warframes into a worse position than primes, it's a bad thing.

Edited by ant99999

23 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

You either provide a free slot for augments for all warframes or don't change anything. They don't just change how powers work, they amplify them just as other mods do. What you are suggesting places regular warframes into a worse position than primes, it's a bad thing.

But are primes not meant to be superior to your average run-of-the-mill frame? Shouldn't they be better?

While I'm all for enhancing primes a bit further, I don't think this is a good way to do it.

Doing something like this *only* for primes would be horrible imo, as people would have to wait for the prime release to make a *real* build. The gap between prime and normal variants is meant to be small stat boosts, and adding an augment slot would shake up the modding to the point where they would be incredibly different.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (XB1)SupremeMorpheus:

But are primes not meant to be superior to your average run-of-the-mill frame? Shouldn't they be better?

While I'm all for enhancing primes a bit further, I don't think this is a good way to do it.

Maybe in theory or in relation to lore, but in reality its just the same thing that looks a bit better which is already enough to hype most of the community.

Also, as soon as they get any sort of enhancement, i am pretty sure that people start saying "Warframe is pay to win".

Right now, 50 base armor extra or so are not bad, but they dont make a difference either if you really know how to play that Frame and invest some forma.

32 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Maybe in theory or in relation to lore, but in reality its just the same thing that looks a bit better which is already enough to hype most of the community.

Also, as soon as they get any sort of enhancement, i am pretty sure that people start saying "Warframe is pay to win".

Right now, 50 base armor extra or so are not bad, but they dont make a difference either if you really know how to play that Frame and invest some forma.

It's a free-to-play PvE game, and primes are fairly easy to acquire through relics and a little bit of trading. Personally, I don't see the issue with buffing primes a little further

vor 36 Minuten schrieb (XB1)SupremeMorpheus:

It's a free-to-play PvE game, and primes are fairly easy to acquire through relics and a little bit of trading. Personally, I don't see the issue with buffing primes a little further

You know that some frames cost between 500p and 1000p at times?

When they are vaulted, i wouldnt say they are "fairly easy to acquire".

Anyway, i didnt say that i would go out a scream "Pay2Win", but i promise you, lots of people will if Prime Frames are really different to the normal version.

47 минут назад, (XB1)SupremeMorpheus сказал:

Personally, I don't see the issue with buffing primes a little further

I do however. Prime warframes are not the same as prime weapons. Weapon is just a bunch of characteristics defining how fast you are killing things. Warframe is a playstyle. When you provide such a massive buff to primes the usual ones will instantly become irrelevant. We are getting a prime version of a frame after almost three years from regular one. So you are basically suggesting wait for three years for Garuda for example to become competitive. This effectively locks a lot of playstyle possibilities from you if you want to stay efficient.

Personally I'd prefer prime weapons also to follow this logic and not come with such massive buffs in comparison to normal ones. But when it comes to weapons, DE seems to have a different strategy of dealing with inequality between primes and regulars which includes also buffs and nerfs or intentional releases of underpowered gear to leave a window for it to have an enhanced variant.

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

I do however. Prime warframes are not the same as prime weapons. Weapon is just a bunch of characteristics defining how fast you are killing things. Warframe is a playstyle. When you provide such a massive buff to primes the usual ones will instantly become irrelevant. We are getting a prime version of a frame after almost three years from regular one. So you are basically suggesting wait for three years for Garuda for example to become competitive. This effectively locks a lot of playstyle possibilities from you if you want to stay efficient.

Personally I'd prefer prime weapons also to follow this logic and not come with such massive buffs in comparison to normal ones. But when it comes to weapons, DE seems to have a different strategy of dealing with inequality between primes and regulars which includes also buffs and nerfs or intentional releases of underpowered gear to leave a window for it to have an enhanced variant.

/thread

2 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Become competitive in what exactly? There is no pvp. There are no leaderboards. AND to top it all off a non prime version OF ANY WARFRAME IN THE GAME can complete everything IN the game. You don't agree with the idea that's cool, but there is no waiting three years to become competitive. 

so it has started, pay 2 get core mechanic that should be added and expanded on for free is starting to get into people heads lol ! 

jokes aside, I believe that the modding system is outdated and should be rebuilded and polished more, some augments feels like they should've been part of the ability in the first place

wish is true if you think about it, just like the DLCS in this era, the fix for this is to make a skill tree for augments that can be unlocked for each ability and and wait ! 

the notion of single augment per ability is counterproductive, why not more ? imagine making ash shurikes augment that stirp armors also inflict viral status effect as an unlockable

augment from the skill tree and so on , a lot of synergy to be had this way and each frame will feel fresh and with more depth and ways to play .

1 час назад, (PS4)tissot555 сказал:

Become competitive in what exactly? There is no pvp. There are no leaderboards. AND to top it all off a non prime version OF ANY WARFRAME IN THE GAME can complete everything IN the game. You don't agree with the idea that's cool, but there is no waiting three years to become competitive. 

Competitive in completing game content. I honestly thought what I'm saying is obvious. Without having a slot primes have regular warframes will instantly be considered 'trash tier'. (Please note that I'm saying 'will be considered', not 'will be')

Let's imagine an average Warframe youtuber reviewing a regular warframe. What do you think he would say? He would say '... blah blah blah, this warframe is ok, but it's obviously not a prime so don't bring it to anything apart from Star chart.' And as the majority is unfortunately trusts Warframe youtubers, regulars soon will be ignored as a choice for the mission and won't be appreciated in squads. Is it a disaster for the game? No, of course, but it is certainly not very healthy for it.

If you want to add some new feature like this extra slot, sure, you can. But then do it for everyone instead of emphasizing primes.

5 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Competitive in completing game content. I honestly thought what I'm saying is obvious. Without having a slot primes have regular warframes will instantly be considered 'trash tier'. (Please note that I'm saying 'will be considered', not 'will be')

Let's imagine an average Warframe youtuber reviewing a regular warframe. What do you think he would say? He would say '... blah blah blah, this warframe is ok, but it's obviously not a prime so don't bring it to anything apart from Star chart.' And as the majority is unfortunately trusts Warframe youtubers, regulars soon will be ignored as a choice for the mission and won't be appreciated in squads. Is it a disaster for the game? No, of course, but it is certainly not very healthy for it.

If you want to add some new feature like this extra slot, sure, you can. But then do it for everyone instead of emphasizing primes.

again why would someone say don't bring to star chart when any regular warframe can easily( please note Im saying EASILY) "beat" the game. All this competitive is in your head. You have people who say wukong is trash and people who brag about his immortality. your perception is reality in this game. If I want I clear the star chart with atlas, I can do that regardless of if you say he's "competitive" or not. it's just perception and opinion man

Edited by (PS4)tissot555

3 минуты назад, (PS4)tissot555 сказал:

again why would someone say don't bring to star chart when any regular warframe can easily( please not Im saying EASILY) "beat" the game. All this competitive is in your head. You have people who say wukong is trash and people who brag about his immortality. your perception is reality in this game. If I want I clear the star chart with atlas, I can do that regardless of if you say he's "competitive" or not. it's just perception and opinion man

Ok, this appears to be harder than I first thought. So, let's look this from another angle.

Why do we have slots? To make a piece of gear as effective as possible. This is the point of having this system. So then the point of making a build is to achieve maximum efficiency. We also have warframes with almost same roles: Rhino and Chroma, Inaros and Nidus and so on. Now imagine that one of them is primed, other is not. When we are chosing which of them to use, we will pick a prime, because he is more efficient in doing his part.

Maybe someone won't choose a prime because of this reason. Or maybe he will make a riven build for Kraken and use it as a go-to weapon for Star chart. But for someone who wants to go for endurance run this will be a pivotal point.

For someone the playstyle determines what to choose. For other it will be efficiency. Why will you prefer the first one to the second?

9 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Ok, this appears to be harder than I first thought. So, let's look this from another angle.

Why do we have slots? To make a piece of gear as effective as possible. This is the point of having this system. So then the point of making a build is to achieve maximum efficiency. We also have warframes with almost same roles: Rhino and Chroma, Inaros and Nidus and so on. Now imagine that one of them is primed, other is not. When we are chosing which of them to use, we will pick a prime, because he is more efficient in doing his part.

Maybe someone won't choose a prime because of this reason. Or maybe he will make a riven build for Kraken and use it as a go-to weapon for Star chart. But for someone who wants to go for endurance run this will be a pivotal point.

For someone the playstyle determines what to choose. For other it will be efficiency. Why will you prefer the first one to the second?

True or false: Ivara can do any endurance run you want to throw at her. She can do it with an augment in her set up, she can do it without one. You would never need an Ivara prime. When you can do something without any real effort, efficiency is no longer important. 

Ok, you do realize I mentioned endurance run as an example, don't you? If your Ivara can stand on survival indefinitely (which I highly doubt, but doesn't matter), good for you, but what about Sortie mobile defence, Eidolons, Arbitrations? Or is Ivara secretly a universal warframe capable of beating every piece of content? If not then this is irrelevant to the point I try to prove.

I hope my position is clear, but I repeat again: adding an extra slot for primes only creates inequality growing into forming strong meta team compositions or solo frame picks which is not good for diversity. If you want to argue with this please go ahead, I'm really interested in where I could be wrong in my conclusion. But if instead you prefer switching to some overpowered Ivara build, I'd rather end this right here as last time I had a conversation like this it ended up quite unpleasantly for me.

42 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Ok, you do realize I mentioned endurance run as an example, don't you? If your Ivara can stand on survival indefinitely (which I highly doubt, but doesn't matter), good for you, but what about Sortie mobile defence, Eidolons, Arbitrations? Or is Ivara secretly a universal warframe capable of beating every piece of content? If not then this is irrelevant to the point I try to prove.

I hope my position is clear, but I repeat again: adding an extra slot for primes only creates inequality growing into forming strong meta team compositions or solo frame picks which is not good for diversity. If you want to argue with this please go ahead, I'm really interested in where I could be wrong in my conclusion. But if instead you prefer switching to some overpowered Ivara build, I'd rather end this right here as last time I had a conversation like this it ended up quite unpleasantly for me.

It's cool that we disagree man. I'm not the type to start slinging mud. I cant tell you you're wrong, but I can tell where i think you're missing my point. Ivara was just an example, but every game mode you mentioned, players are already beating with ease. Literally nothing would change. Chroma is the eidolon killer, just because his prime is out now doesnt change that. You can still do it with a regular chroma. If someone did take his prime instead and it did have a free augment slot, it would change nothing. Think of his augments, none of them would affect the eidolon fight. I can give you examples of the same type for every game mode. 

TBH, Warframe already have extra slot from ability slot (for ability mod) that scarp out. In the early Warframe game, Warframe do have 10 slots but 4 of those slots have polarity for ability mod. And yes, Warframe ability needed ability mod to be useable and they do cost capacity. But right now those ability mod are deleted and Warframe ability polarity have been deleted from those 4 slot. So Warframe can use those extra 4 slots now.

Also, we do have Exilus slot which is already count as extra slot. And I see no problem making those Exilus accept Warframe's Augment mods as well as Exilus mod... Well... adding extra slot for Warframe will be problem though...

Another point is that Primed version already have superior overall performance than normal version. Even it's not that much but sometime even 1 armor or shiled/Health can be a factor to your Warframe Survival.