Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what if prime frames had a free slot for augments

(PSN)tissot555

I’d be cool with primes getting a free augment slot, make them stand out a bit more and be closer to “the actual Warframe orokin created” but the name of the mod imo gives it away that we shouldn’t expect a free slot for anything else.  It is an AUGMENT, something meant to improve a base ability.  And if you want to improve one or all of your abilities, you have to give something up to do so, just like any other mod.  You can’t have maxed out power strength and also maxed efficiency, or even normal efficiency really, there has to be a trade off for the extra strength.

17 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I know there is a fine line of walking the power creep tightrope in this game (or not so fine line), but I think if prime frames came with a free slot for augments, that would be really, really, really, really, really, really,really, cool

You're aware of it...yet you ask anyways.

DE can never do this because it'd make Prime Frames "Mandatory" for "Endgame" (I said it...) content in the minds of the masses.
Yes they may "not" be mandatory in truth, but an entire extra Mod slot is a HUGE if not MASSIVE addition to a player's power.

For them to have this would make them 100% required by Elitist groups, and would make players feel forced into purchasing Prime Access, Unvault Packs, and/or forced to pay what would then cost 1000s of platinum in trades for Prime Frames.
So then the argument of the "Pay to Win" becomes a very valid topic.
This also would make the topic of a certain Prime Frame whom shall not be named an even bigger can of worms than he already is.

It's TOO much of a power increase. That is no Power Creep. That is a flat out Power Overclock.

I actually wouldn't mind this. Alternatively be able to fuse the frame with one augment of your choice (consuming the mod, not revertable). Maybe even lock the possibility behind a certain amount of XP and/or kills related to the frame, since the game keeps track of this already. That could be a nice reward for your most used frames. 

Most augments are not powerful enough for me to consider an advantage anyway. Mostly modifiers to abilities with pros/cons or minor buffs, which some people don't even want. Rarely do I ever even notice people running augment mods on their frames, so how would I be negatively affected by this? 

17 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

Most augments are not powerful enough for me to consider an advantage anyway. Mostly modifiers to abilities with pros/cons or minor buffs, which some people don't even want. Rarely do I ever even notice people running augment mods on their frames, so how would I be negatively affected by this? 

AFAIK, people don't use it because there are no slot for it (I mean there are more importance Mod then Augment). If you have slot for it, you'll use it. That is why OP want it. Also, some Warframe do show their real strength after installed the Augment. It's like the old time where ability mod require to be install for the Warfrmae to use any ability they have. You likely only installed the ability you mostly used and rather have other slot turn into Normal mod for Warframe (IDK about other people but I do).

There are some thread about why Augment not really be the normal version (They want the Augmented version as normal one)... Sooooo.... I don't think people think that Augment are trash anyway...

Would be nice eventually to have several skill upgrades/evolutions on their own system, removing augments as mods entirely and functioning similar to rpg mechanics, instead of being part of the mod system.

Maybe to start with only two choices per skill to enhance it in different ways - yes would be a lot of stuff to create but I believe would give a greater scope and variety for players to make niche and unique builds.

But anyway if skill enhancements remain as augments then yes it would be nice to have a single dedicated augment slot for all frames - prime and normal frames - could be positioned top right next to the exilus mod slot and only accept augments.

Ah, yes. let's inflate the prime prices because we want power trips and distance new players from experienced players.

Seriously, this will hurt warframes. You're basically suggesting P2W in this game.

It's not just scummy business, the whole "goody two-shoes DE" DE tried to conjure will be evaporated in a seconds.

Extra forma slots or some minor buff to statistics are fine, because it's a incentive. But over that line holds greed and downfalls.

21 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I know there is a fine line of walking the power creep tightrope in this game (or not so fine line), but I think if prime frames came with a free slot for augments, that would be really, really, really, really, really, really,really, cool

Good idea.

But I think a better idea is a talent tree, like we have in focus schools, and invest affinity to unlock augments.

15 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Become competitive in what exactly? There is no pvp. There are no leaderboards. AND to top it all off a non prime version OF ANY WARFRAME IN THE GAME can complete everything IN the game. You don't agree with the idea that's cool, but there is no waiting three years to become competitive. 

Actually there are leaderboards