Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

color based disambiguate for friendly and enemy healthbars?

xX-Kuro-Xx

Can we please have an option to disambiguate friendly and enemy health bars with color? I'd like to make friendly health bars grey, or green, or even a custom color. Any color that does not appear in enemy health bars. 

I currently have 236 hrs playtime. I play with all the names and healthbar options turned on, and I can never tell the difference between friendlies and enemies at a glance, and certainly not in the frenetic motion of a fight. It seems like friendlies are rendered flipped right/left, with the max on the right, but it's very hard to pick up, especially when healthbars are near full. 

This confusion doesn't seem like it's adding value to the game. It just makes it seem broken. I get an NPC to protect or follow, and his healthbar looks just like every other enemy. Ditto in Invasions. I turn a corner in a frantic mission, see a healthbar, and start shooting, only to find it's my (invulnerable) friendly teammate. I fire into a crowded cluster of healthbars, not knowing if my shots are hitting enemies, or just being soaked into invulnerable teammates. It just seems broken. 

WHEN radiation procs, I think it makes total sense for friendly healthbars to look like enemy healthbars, to make the disambugation challenge part of the game. 

IF there was a hardcode mission mode, where there was 100% friendly fire all the time, by all means, make the health bars confusing to force the burden on the player. 

However, when friendlies are invulnerable because of the magic of the game mechanics, please create a very obvious (color based) healthbar disambiguation.

Edited by xX-Kuro-Xx

Simplest way I think:

Green or blue glow around friendly healthbars, red around enemy ones.

Not great for the colourblind but the reticle changes colours to denote allies / enemies so that's already a problem. We could fix both of those by doing stripe textures over friendly healthbars - if we found it so necessary.

11 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Green or blue glow around friendly healthbars, red around enemy ones.

Not great for the colourblind but the reticle changes colours to denote allies / enemies so that's already a problem. We could fix both of those by doing stripe textures over friendly healthbars - if we found it so necessary.

What glow? I don't see ANY glow. (PC) 

For me, both friendlies and enemies use health-type colors, surrounded by white outlines. (blue=shield, purple = full shields,red= health noarmor, yellow=health w/armor, grey=invulnerable)

Here is an example of what I see.. this is a pet, but the friendly/enemy frame bars look essentially the same.

https://pasteboard.co/HRDXh7E.png

In some cases, like this, it shows red before blue. I don't know why it does that or what it means. 

I wish I could just make all friendly healthbars be very visually distinct. One option is to make them grey (since they are invulnerable),. 

Edited by xX-Kuro-Xx

actually, looking at this color order, is the disambiguation that friendly healthbars are stacked "max on right" while the enemies are "max on left"? 

If so, then I guess what I'm asking for is a color based disambiguator, because when the action is going, it is very hard to see that kind of detail.