Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to make platinum | Guide

Radu955

In the first half of this guide I'm going to explain how to get started and how to earn platinum without having to farm, in the second half I'm going to explain how to earn platinum farming.

At first you'll need to farm survival, defense, interception, defection or excavation missions for relics. Then you'll need to open those relics and sell the prime parts you get from them. If you're a new player you won't be strong enough to farm high level missions which means you'll have mostly prime junk, which you can sell for a decent price. Prime junk is a term referring prime parts that have a high drop rate. In order to sell your prime junk you'll have to go to the trade chat and announce what you're selling. Alternatively you can sell the prime junk for ducats at kiosks (found in Larunda Relay on Mercury, Strata Relay on Earth, Kronia Relay on Saturn and Orcus relay on Pluto), then buy primed mods or special weapons from the void trader, although it will take a while, probably a few months for the price of those primed mods or special weapons to go up.

After you got a few hundred platinum you can start investing, but before you do that, make sure to visit warframemarket and register an account. You will be using warframemarket to find deals on warframes and weapon sets and contact other players.

- Every 2 weeks Baro Ki'Teer will arrive to a relay to sell primed mods and special weapons to Tenno. When he arrives, the prices of those mods and weapons drop a lot but will eventually go back up if you wait long enough. You're going to need a lot of credits and ducats since 1 primed mod costs at least 110.000 credits and 350 ducats (some mods can cost more). Not all primed mods are expensive and some of them can be hard to sell. This is a list of all the primed mods I recommend investing in: P Continuity, P Flow, P Reach, P Fever Strike, P Cryo Rounds and P Target Cracker. Like I said before, this investment takes a while to show profit and is a bit risky because Baro Ki'Teer can have the same mod you invested in the next he arrives, meaning you'll have to wait even longer for the price to go up.

- Stocking up on prime warframe sets and prime weapon sets before they get vaulted is another way to earn platinum without farming (or you can farm them if you want). When a prime warframe or a prime weapon enters the prime vault, it means the relic that drops the parts for that warframe or weapon will no longer be rewarded for completing missions, which in turn makes it impossible to farm that warframe or weapon anymore. Any existing relics, warframe/weapon parts that you have, will remain in your inventory can can be traded (relics can still be opened). When it is announced a prime warframe or a prime weapon will enter the prime vault, their price will start to rise, and after a few months it will be high enough for you to start selling. I recommend you buy as many sets as you can and hold them until you get 50% return on investment.

Here's a list of prime warframes in the order they are going to be vaulted: Banshee, Oberon, Hydroid, Mirage, Zephyr, Limbo, Chroma. Prime warframes and the prime weapons they get released with are vaulted in the same order in which they were released, knowing that, I'll let you figure out which warframes are going to be vaulted after Chroma.

- Every once in a while Digital Extremes will unvault a warframe and the weapon he/she was released with for a few days, when that happens, the price drops and it's a great time for you to buy as many sets as you can since the price will start going up as soon as they are vaulted again. 

- Another way to make platinum is by selling veiled or unveiled riven mods. Riven mods are rewarded from Sorties. I recommend selling these mods veiled since unveiling them is too risky, grindy and you might not even be able to sell them.

-  Selling anasa ayatan sculptures is a great investment since it's risk free. They are rewarded only for completing sortie missions. A rank 4 anasa sculpture sells for 20 platinum or more while the other ayatan sculptures sell for up to 17 platinum. My advice is that you use amber stars only on anasa sculptures because unlike cyan stars they are pretty hard to come by. 

Second half:

Cephalon Simaris has a few mods that are worth quite a bit on the warframe market, look them up. If you don't mind grinding a little bit every day i'd say it's worth the time.

- Selling syndicate mods and syndicate weapons/ weapon parts is another way to earn a little bit of platinum although you will need to reach the maximum rank in order to be allowed to buy them, then you will need to grind a lot of standing but if you play warframe on a daily basis it might not be a problem for you. They usually sell for 10 platinum so it's not a great money maker.

- If you have a lot of time and you are bored with doing missions you can fish or mine on the plains of Eidolon or in Orb Vallis. Fishing spears can be bought from Hai-Luk in Cetus or from The Business in Fortuna while mining gear can be purchased from Old Man Sumbaat in Cetus or from Smokefinger in Fortuna. Fishing and mining are not the best way to earn platinum but it can be relaxing.

- Also on Fortuna you can find Roky, he's one of the Ventkids and he sells K-Drive parts and K-drive mods. Although these mods are not worth much, they are pretty cool to have and in my opinion grinding standing for their syndicate is quite fun.

- The Orokin Derelict Vaults offer a fairly easy and fast way to acquire some useful and relatively cheap mods. In order to open an Orokin Derelict Vault you will need a dragon key and a party of 4 players each caring a different key.

- On the Orokin Moon there can be found Halls of Ascention, commonly known as puzzles. Completing these puzzles will reward a drift mod which can be sold for a small amount of platinum.

- Arcane Enhancements can be very profitable but they are end game content so if you're a new player you won't be able to farm them. Arcane Enhancements are divided into 5 categories: Warframe Acanes, Operator Arcanes, Zaw Arcanes, Amp Arcanes and Kitgun Arcanes. Warframe Arcanes can be obtained from either killing or capturing Eidolons on the plains of Eidolon or by completing The Law of Retribution on normal or nightmare mode. Operator Arcanes and Amp Arcanes are purchased from the Quills in Cetus using the Quills standing. Zaw Arcanes are purchased from Hok in Cetus using Ostron standing. Kitgun Arcanes are purchased from Rude Zuud in Fortuna using Solaris United standing.

- And finally Wraith and Vandal weapons rewarded from invasions. In order to acquire a wraith or vandal weapon part you'll need to complete 3 missions in an invasion, then you'll need to wait until another invasion is available and repeat the process. It can take a long time to assemble a set but I think it's worth the effort.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Radu955:

Warframe Arcanes can be obtained from either killing or capturing Eidolons on the plains of Eidolon or by completing The Law of Retribution on normal or nightmare mode

Guide on how to still play LoR plz!

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Radu955:

When it is announced a prime warframe or a prime weapon will enter the prime vault, their price will start to rise, and after a few months it will be high enough for you to start selling. I recommend you buy as many sets as you can and hold them until you get 50% return on investment.

I know it doesnt change a thing, but i really dislike this "tactic" of hording tons and tons of sets. (buying, farming or buying 1 or 2 missing parts is something different for me)

And why only 50%? Lets make it 100% or 200% for the hard work you did buying everything from the market that other people that still might need it could have bought instead.