Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PS4] Tips on uploading short video clips to Youtube?

(PSN)xtharbadx

Question

Sorry for the off topic, I'm hoping someone here could help me out.

Sometimes I like to upload short gameplay video clips to youtube if something interesting happens when I'm playing, but the videos always look awful on Youtube for some reason.

I would like to try to improve that quality but I'm a bit lost on how to do that, assuming it is possible at all.

Warframe looks absolutely *gorgeous* on my PS4 and 4k OLED large TV, but the vide clips look like I'm playing on a potato.

Any tips?

Not sure if it matters, but on my PS4 Pro "Video Output information", it reads:

Resolution: 3840x216 - 60Hz

Color format: YUV420 ( 2160p )

HDCP: 2.2

HDR: Supported

4 answers to this question

Sorry @(PS4)xtharbadx I took so long to reply, I ended up else where but I am back and I have checked out the clip, noticed it started me off in 720p so I put it on 1080p and looks better, but I guess 1080 is all you can get out of YouTube anyway. Not the greatest looking graphics, but otherwise the clip isn't bad or blurry or anything.

Edited by Alcatraz

1 hour ago, Alcatraz said:

Sorry @(PS4)xtharbadx I took so long to reply, I ended up else where but I am back and I have checked out the clip, noticed it started me off in 720p so I put it on 1080p and looks better, but I guess 1080 is all you can get out of YouTube anyway. Not the greatest looking graphics, but otherwise the clip isn't bad or blurry or anything.

Thanks for feedback.

The thing is, there are tons of Warframe videos on Youtube with way better quality, so I don't think this is a Youtube problem.

I know I'm being naive, which comes out of ignorance, but if it looks gorgeous on my TV, why the Hek the video clip looks nothing like it?

I'm guessing it's something related to out my output video settings are configured, or it could simply be that the PS does some weird magic when exporting the videos. I have no clue.

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx