Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Somewhat New Player

(PSN)ArashiNex

Question

Hi, I been running into trouble recently, trying to do these mission. I'm currently 208 hr into the game and MR14, and have no clue what I'm doing. I been speed running to try to get to the sacrifice story, but after going through pluto, sedna, and the void, I hit into a wall. These mobs are killing me in 1-4 shots and breaking through my armor, shield, iron skin, and ice bubble so easily. I literally die in a few hits and waste all my 5 lives and have to abort. Most of the frame I have are mastered, but have no forma. I have Ash, Banshee, Chroma, Ember, Excalibur, Frost, Hydroid, Mag, Mesa, Nekros, Nezha, Nidus,Nova, Nyx, Oberon, Rhino, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr, Vauban, Volt, and WuKong. Some help would be nice, I'm tired of getting frustrated because I died in a few hits, and having trouble killing mobs.

P.S I spend most of my time in-game crafting weapon and warframe and leveling them up for mastery, haven't started doing story/planet till recently.

Edited by (PS4)ArashiNex

@GnarlsDarkley

1.Soma for crit chance and damage? So no element?

2.Tigris for status/slash?

3.Metron for status/radiation?

4.Fang for raw damage?

5.Sicarus for hybrid?

I assume you always put those dmg% mod for all these like serration/pressure point/hornet, but do you always put elements on too? Or does it depend if its status or something.

4 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

1.Soma for crit chance and damage? So no element?

2.Tigris for status/slash?

3.Metron for status/radiation?

4.Fang for raw damage?

5.Sicarus for hybrid?

Pretty good!

It's not 100% correct but you understood the concept. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

I assume you always put those dmg% mod for all these like serration/pressure point/hornet, but do you always put elements on too? Or does it depend if its status or something

You almost always use at least one combined elemental Damage type (like Corrosive). Here you have to understand how elemental damage works. If you use Stormbringer (shock) and Infected Clip (Toxin) to get Corrosive, you will always deal your normal IPS and corrosive damage.

1. So even your crit Soma or your Fang will do it, just the chance to proc the effect of corrosive (armor stripping) will barely occur. But you will get the +75% extra damage against Ancients for example.

I hope it's clear what I want to say 😉 

2-3. Status Shotguns are somewhat unique. They have to be played for 100% status, no exception. You have to use Riven or double status mods (aka 60/60 mods) to increase elemental damage and its chance. In case of Tigris we mod for Viral+Rad (because Viral = half health which has a very good synergy with Slash) plus all the damage mods. Mara Detron is similar. Its innate Rad gives us the opportunity to mods for 3 different types. E.g Rad (innate) + Corrosive+Blast. This is very effective with a Condition Overload build.

4. Fang is absolutely correct. 5% status and crit gives no decent chance to do either. Full damage mods (don't forget the 90% elemental damage mods!)

5. Also Correct. Most secondaries use a hybrid build with Hornet, Barrel, Lethal, (primed) Target Cracker, (primed) Pistol Gambit, one 90% mod + the matching 60/60 mod (eg Convulsion (90%) + Pistol Pestilence (60%)). The last mod is situational or could be your Riven.

@GnarlsDarkley One last thing, about forma. I'm still new to forma all I did so far was just change my aura polarity. But for the main slot do player typically reform the slot for common used mods like max vitality or steel fiber? And should I change all my slot to have polarity? Does this all applies to weapon for like pressure point, hornet strike, etc. Or do player try to find a balance between something 4:4 polarity/non-polarity slot?

Edited by (PS4)ArashiNex
Forgot to add

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

do player typically reform the slot for common used mods like max vitality or steel fiber?

Like your weapons. You loot at their stats and decide then. Volt has 15 Armor so Steel Fiber is a waste on him. You slap in mods who match to the frame (eg Duration on Loki for Invis) and use Forma until all your desired mods fit in

5 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

how much impact does having a prime warframe have instead of a normal one

It varies, e.g. Volt Prime is a big step up in Armor (+85) and max Energy (+150),
while Loki Prime has a super-exciting +37 (225 -> 262) Energy buff. wow, much Energy, so Prime

You can always compare the stats yourself, via the Wiki or using the Codex / [ ] links in-game.