Why does no one play conclave

Stealthninjaktk

Question

Why does no one play conclave? This question has honestly stumped me. People just leave warframe once they get a lot of things and finish every quest. Me personally, I love PvP, but when I heard of the Conclave, I tried it out and no one played. I asked some friends and they say no one plays it. Is it due to the fact people have primes and the other people get crushed, or is it just boring. I have gotten into a match of Lunaro and it was super fun. I have also gotten into a game of Team Death match( I don't think this is what it is called in conclave) And it was also really fun.(I got rekt though by a Vauban Prime). Share your thoughts. 

21 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Stealthninjaktk said:

Why does no one play conclave?

Because no one plays? It’s really hard to do PvP without opponents...

• its boring and badly done (my opinion). It feels more like an afterthought than something that any significant time went into.

The complete absence of matchmaking and the atrocious instances of poor balance.

The former means that literally any shmuck who's started five minutes ago and doesn't even know how to equip guns onto their conclave loadout can be put into the same game as a conclave elite master typhoon rank who can snipe with a bow whilst both they and their target are moving in opposite directions at top speed.

The latter means things like Hydroid, Ignis Wraith and Arca Plasmor are allowed to exist. Hydroid has access to what is effectively Mei's ice cube except it can CC opponents AND renders him difficult to see as well. Ignis Wraith and Arca Plasmor both have large hitboxes and large damage making them noob toob deluxe editions.

Problems with Conclave:

1. Virtually no matchmaking. (It is done merely by your standing rank)
  2. It is Quake 3 arena on steroids. (seriously, the constand airjump shooting isnt really fun)
  3. It's atmosphere is mediocre at best. (Why does no one watch your lunaro game?)

Honestly, current PvP could do with ye ol' stamina bar, slowdown, weapon balancing, weapon-only-mode and maybe lunaro being publicly playable/visible in relays.

Because I take my PvP seriously.

I'll tolerate a wide spectrum of unbalanced problems in a PvE game. I will not in PvP.

Conclave has also gained a poor reputation from the past. Players were forced to fight to get mods putting them at a notable disadvantage. They did not drop in PvE areas. There were no dedicated servers so Host wins. The netcode itself can be exploited.  Team Deathmatch point secure mechanic is awful.

If I want to PvP I play a PvP game. I don't PvP in games likes Path of Exile or Diablo either.

49 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

If I want to PvP I play a PvP game. 

This.

I came to this game for a better coop PvE experience. I had no interest and continue to have no interest in PvP in WF. 

I play other games when I feel like team based PvP. I don't do individual deathmatch sort of things much anymore since I did all that to death back from '97 on with Quake, Quake 2, Unreal Tournament, etc., etc.

Been there; done that. Have many t-shirts. Don't need anymore. 

Crappy P2P networking. Unfair gear advantages. no pvp balance for frame abilities. No point. No rank matchmaking (because nobody plays, because of the other problems).

---

I think warframe PvP should have more of an AI mob focus. Something like early in a league match, where ai mobs are strong relative to champions, so the champions are there to "swing the ai battle", not deathmatch.

Or maybe a battle royale where everyone gets the same frame. (Or choice between 3 frames). 

1) Few people play PVP, even if you do find a match chances are it is not your local region based 
and connection is horrible, so it is not really skill but more of a luck that you win with that much of lag.

2) PVE content totally incompatible with PVP, vice versa
It may look like you have the same warframe, same weapons, but it is all different stats, 
so something that you are used to in PVE will perform differently in PVP.

IN SHORT - PVP is a different game to PVE.
that if I want to play PVP, I might as well go other game instead of point 3

3) Your hundreds of hours playing PVE is going to mess up your PVP play, 
we get used to using a Nikana Prime with Primed fury, the attack speed, and we used it a lot 
so in PVP it might feel like your steel sword is being replaced by a wooden sword, 
it looks like what you have spent hundreds of hours using, but performance is way off.

A lot of staple mods like Lethal Torrent on pistols, kind of let us get used to the increased fire rate, 
in PVP you will be using unmodded weapons, meaning your next click would not fire as fast as you think it would, 
basically the gun kind of experience stoppage which can get you killed.

if you want to know how it feels, imagine you are used to using actual firearms, 
but then given airsoft guns, which intuitively you will aim and shoot a target expecting 1-shot to drop it, 
only to let the stats difference mess up your play because you are left completely open to be killed.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Warframe is mainly a PvE coop game. Look at how much DE has invested in PvE vs PvP. They only added it to "appease" people that love PvP. People dont come to Warframe to PvP. Plain and simple. Dont get me wrong, I am not against it, I just wont ever play it because....well frankly, I dont care for it.

19 hours ago, Stealthninjaktk said:

Is it due to the fact people have primes and the other people get crushed, or is it just boring. I have gotten into a match of Lunaro and it was super fun. I have also gotten into a game of Team Death match( I don't think this is what it is called in conclave) And it was also really fun.(I got rekt though by a Vauban Prime). Share your thoughts. 

Same reason Archwing and Trials didn't do well. 

They weren't enjoyable by the majority of the playerbase.  Simple as that.  People were interested, tried them out, had a bad time, couldn't get into it. So they avoid these game modes. You and a small % of all players may find something enjoyable but as long as an overwhelming amount of the rest did not enjoy it, it is not a successful product.

And I'm a guy who LOVES Archwing (and Trials, when we had them). I still play it a lot simply for the experience.  But I'm not going to deny the fact that simply put as a product they also failed to attract and attain a majority of the player base.  I manage to enjoy these modes despite their problems, and there are many problems. I'm not going to rate them as "good" even though I, as an individual, enjoy them.  The majority always ultimately decides when something is deemed as a positive.

It's not the job of the public to endure a bad experience of a flawed product, it's the job of the product to have as little flaws as possible to entice and keep the public interested in it.  If it can't do that, the product failed.  So yeah, Archwing, Lunaro, Trials and Conclave are not successful products. As you can see, it is irrelevant if something is pve or pvp. If it's bad, it's bad. 

20 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Borderlands was worse. 

Just sayin'...

What, the dueling? Meh, at least that wasn't a whole mode for it. I can't imagine any thought went into it.

Conclave is an actual mode designed to solely around PvP.

If you're referring to something else then I apologise, if there was a PvP mode added in one of the DLC's then I never played it.

If and when I see any, and I mean even just one, PvE game do PvP decently, I might start giving things like conclave more of a chance.  The problem is that when you build your game from the ground up as a PvE experience and try to tack on PvP later, it never works well.  Decent PvP is something developers have to have in mind up front when developing a game for it to be worthwhile.  PvP as a tacked on afterthought has never, in my experience, been a good thing.

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎13 at 6:13 PM, Xzorn said:

If I want to PvP I play a PvP game. I don't PvP in games likes Path of Exile or Diablo either.

This pretty much sums it up for me.  Each of the few times I've tried it (very early in my Warframe career) I kept getting the same impressions that ScribbleClash mentioned below.  

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎13 at 4:55 PM, ScribbleClash said:
  • Virtually no matchmaking. (It is done merely by your standing rank)
  • It is Quake 3 arena on steroids. (seriously, the constand airjump shooting isnt really fun)

To add to this, there also isn't really any way to practice before literally throwing yourself to the wolves thanks to the matchmaking. 

• Like 1