Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

fov limit needs to be higher

Hotashi

why is it limited to 78 anyway? pretty sure everyone plays with it at max anyway. most games have 90 as a default and in warframe the only way your getting anywhere close to 90 fov is with volt and i play all other games at 90 fov i get motion sickness if i play for longer than 20 minutes in warframe because of the fov being only 78 at max and i would love to be able to play it alot longer but i cant because ill only end up in the bathroom on my knees because of it. can we please have 90 fov as the max fov at the very least DE? please?

59 minutes ago, Hotashi said:

pretty sure everyone plays with it at max anyway.

While it would be nice to have it wider for people that want it, not everyone plays with FOV turned up.  Personally I have the reverse issue, I get sick if the field of view is too wide.  Which makes it hard to watch some otherwise entertaining streamers or youtube content producers, because some of the do turn it all the way up in games like Ark.  (Ark is especially odd.  Not only does the super wide FOV make me feel ill, it actually kind of breaks the game a little.  In First Person mode, your character is just a pair of arms.  And with the FOV all the way up, you can see inside the model where they *don't* attach to anything.)

If this needed to happen, nobody would be playing it. You would like it to happen.

2 hours ago, Hotashi said:

why is it limited to 78 anyway? pretty sure everyone plays with it at max anyway. most games have 90 as a default

Warframe uses vertical FoV, IIRC. 78 in Warframe is equivalent to 110 horizontal FoV in other games.

The current limit made sense before the open worlds got added.

...Now the fov feels too close in POE .

I can't even tell you how many times I have had to archwing up to find a drone that wasn't that far from me to begin with...I just couldn't see it due to the camera being too close.

And... No, just loking around doesn't always help because of how uneven the ground is there.

The FOV seems fine in Fortuna so far though. 

8 часов назад, EmberStar сказал:

with the FOV all the way up, you can see inside the model where they *don't* attach to anything.)

The following is just to clear things up:

There are FoV and camera distance. Two different things.

Well, actually, high FoV doesn't move camera backwards so it's not the reason why you can see inside the model. With higher FoV you see more stuff "around" the arms, while camera still stays at the same position.

However, yes, when FoV is too high it could "break" the game. But it depends on first person model type (arms only or full body model). With full body model you won't see "inside" the model even with 180 FoV, unless the camera is positioned inside the model (which never happen when dev uses full body model, by the way, otherwise you would see inside the model all the time with 180 FoV and with 60 FoV as well).

Edited by Ermiq

16 минут назад, Shadow-Spawn сказал:

And let us use e.g. the scroll wheel on the mouse to adjust the FOV on the go in-game.

I have never seen a game with such on-the-go FoV adjustment.

I think you mean camera distance, not FoV.

Running maxed. I wouldn't mind a bit higher as I usually have high FOV in firstperson games. I rarely play thirdperson other than WF, so I'm not sure how comparable it is though. High FOV values do tend to make graphical glitches in some engines, so it might be a technical limitation considering it's a very specific value.

Current max setting is still pretty okay, but I really hate the much lower FOV that is set when walking around in cities, relays, orbiter, and other no-gun areas. That makes me dizzy and often has me close one eye while running/jumping between places. I understand why they did this, but it's really not for everyone and should be a toggle in graphical settings, at least on PC since we're so close to the screen. 

Edited by SirTobe