Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa’s syndicate mods.

(PSN)Mono-Pop

So I just spent the last month grinding up to the rank of general to get Mesa waltz.

I was super keen to get it, thinking it would be worth all my time and investment.

Turns out, when you have Mesa waltz equipped Mesa can stagger during her 4. Falling from heights and having things exploding near you will interrupt your ultimate and make you stagger for 2 seconds.

The 50% movement speed isn’t worth anything if I can’t even use the 4.

To make things worse all of her other syndicate mods are trash, so now I’m a month deep in steel meridian and I have nothing but regret.

Really hope Mesa’s waltz gets fixed eventually, at best it’s a sidegrade, but for the most part it makes peacemaker worse.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

Personally I find Waltz useless regardless since you can just activate it mid-bullet jump.

Though her Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery augments are useful if you want to help keep your team alive or become even more unkillable.

But ultimately none of her augments (imo) are good enough to justify always using, which I'd say is better than some other frames that feel crippled without certain ones.

10 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I never even considered using it...Bullet Jump --> Aim Glide --> 4.

All enemies in LoS will be targeted even if you lose LoS.

I guess it's Noob --> Mesa's Waltz --> advanced movement

Except in my case it was 

noob —> “advanced movement” (because apparently Bullet jumping up is advanced) —> Mesa waltz —> consider quitting the game because the only thing that baited me over the last month of gameplay was this one mod that takes away more than it gives.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Excalibur reminds me too much of Genji

I need healing..

Spoiler

Image result for i need healing warframe

in all seriousness though, if you have Shatter Shield up during Peacemaker (which you should), you don't really need the aug at all. best time it's useful is if you're in a rush and accidentally use Peacemaker too close to an object that blocks Line of Sight, you can just move her out the way rather than having to stop peacemaker, move and recast. 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

23 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I need healing..

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for i need healing warframe

in all seriousness though, if you have Shatter Shield up during Peacemaker (which you should), you don't really need the aug at all. best time it's useful is if you're in a rush and accidentally use Peacemaker too close to an object that blocks Line of Sight, you can just move her out the way rather than having to stop peacemaker, move and recast. 

Which I totally agree with, as a new player I was looking for something I could work towards and that ended up being this mod.

It just seemed like the most logical thing a Mesa player would want.

it wasn’t till I was getting the required 500k credits to advance to general that I actually considered I would have to sacrifice a mod slot for this.

What makes it unusable is that you get staggered from falling.

You would have to offer me a stupid amount of power to make that sacrifice worthwhile, sure if you have shatter shield on you aren’t going to get popped in that stagger window, but it demolished the flow of play to CC YOURSELF DURING YOUR ULTIMATE.

It makes me sad because it’s pretty obvious whoever designed this mod didn’t play Mesa at all. The community deserves a lot better than that.

It’s sad. I’m mad because I was bad.

Looking on the bright side, I have access to a bunch of other warframe augments, and the Vaykor Syandana totally works for me.

Much more than the new Loka communal drinking fountain Syandana.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

For the reasons you say Waltz isn't as good as I hoped, but being able to roll and move a long distance does, for me, make the mobility worthwhile over the knockback proofing in most cases. 

An important thing with the mod is that it is exilus, so it doesn't take up a regular mod slot, if it had to take a main mod slot it wouldn't make the cut for me, but as it is I have up until now been using it on my main build. 

That has now changed though, due to the crazy amount of knockback in Orb Vallis, it stops but being viable at high level. Because of this, Id really like them to put in knockback resistance with the prime release, they won't though I shouldn't think

42 minutes ago, (PS4)BabylonCandleUK said:

For the reasons you say Waltz isn't as good as I hoped, but being able to roll and move a long distance does, for me, make the mobility worthwhile over the knockback proofing in most cases. 

An important thing with the mod is that it is exilus, so it doesn't take up a regular mod slot, if it had to take a main mod slot it wouldn't make the cut for me, but as it is I have up until now been using it on my main build. 

That has now changed though, due to the crazy amount of knockback in Orb Vallis, it stops but being viable at high level. Because of this, Id really like them to put in knockback resistance with the prime release, they won't though I shouldn't think

I feel like if DE actually want waltz to work this way, it would be nice if she was able to bullet jump too, just like Ivara in prowl. Emphasis on using her mobility options to not get staggered.

If that isn’t a change they want to make, they should allow peacemaker to retain it’s CC immunity, AT THE VERY LEAST, allow it to ignore stagger from falls while waltz is equipped.

I can totally see why someone might use Waltz as an exilus mod, but for me personally;

thiefs wit > Mesa’s waltz 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Literally any other mod > muzzle flash

Incorrect

There are syndicate mods who would sell their mother to have Muzzle Flashes' utility:

Afterburn, Haven, Piercing Navigator, Switch Savior (or whatever its called), Fireball Frenzy, the list goes on.  THOSE are bad mods.  MF benefits not only you, but your squad as well.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Incorrect

There are syndicate mods who would sell their mother to have Muzzle Flashes' utility:

Afterburn, Haven, Piercing Navigator, Switch Savior (or whatever its called), Fireball Frenzy, the list goes on.  THOSE are bad mods.  MF benefits not only you, but your squad as well.

I’m unsure as to what I would actually give up for muzzle flash, unless it to goes into the exilus slot?

All the different ways to buff duration, and doesn’t narrow minded affect the range at which muzzle flash can blind people?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

You can't use syndicate mods in an exilus slot.  Narrow Minded does decrease the range of MF, but there are other mods for increasing range.  

It really depends on the build you want to go for, as building around Peacekeeper is very specific and can be limiting imo.

Mess waltz is a syndicate mod and works in the exilus slot.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

You can roll before hitting the ground and not get staggered.

Definitely worth keeping in mind, I can either sell the mod for ~10p or hold onto it as a bit of a toy I guess.

Maybe I’ll grow accustomed to it one day.

For now I just don’t have the mod slots for something that isn’t essential.

45 minutes ago, ZesiMuerte said:

It's not worth to waste a mod slot for Mesa's Waltz. I use my Peacemaker in a very agile manner, together with my 49 seconds shatter shield duration.

This was the only thing I didn’t google, I usually research every choice I make in warframe.

But my friend and I read the description for Mesa’s Waltz and were like OMG THAT IS PERFECT.

One month, a million credits and a bunch of sacrifices later and I’m disappointed.

Shame.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I feel like if DE actually want waltz to work this way, it would be nice if she was able to bullet jump too, just like Ivara in prowl. Emphasis on using her mobility options to not get staggered.

I'll have to check when I'm on, but I'm pretty sure it already works exactly like prowl; slower movement, can roll, can't bullet jump. 

Mesa's Waltz is a great augment. And since it goes into the Exilus slot - well, I can't think of a better mod to fit in there.

One word - roll. It's a very quick damage reduction move and it can be made into an invulnerability window with Rolling Guard (which is a very nice mod for Mesa as well). 

Any kind of AOE, melee or other kind of damage not covered by her Shatter Shield that you need to get out of real quick (faster than switching to op mode and dashing away) - there's your save - you roll away and you get the DR while rolling. And since we can have Rolling Guard now it's even better - you can roll away while invincible. 

You also get the QoL improvement of being able to adjust LoS without getting out of her 4th. Reasons can be various, accidental bad positioning, new enemies incoming require slight repositioning. Or it can be used to shoot from behind a corner or other cover - you can adjust position even as the enemy moves so that you can shoot at them but you're covered from most or all enemy fire - this one can come in handy at high levels.

13 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I guess it's Noob --> Mesa's Waltz --> advanced movement

I think doing a high jump killing everything in the air and rolling while in peacemaker as you're about to hit the ground to soften the landing falls within the category of advanced movement. You don't exactly use it to walk around.