What if we had Rivens for warframes and pets?

deothor

If you think about it, those rivens could really work pretty well. We have plenty of stats to mix.

And if I were to make a rule Rivens should be either frame-based "like Ember fart-critatatata", or having each riven only equippable on 1 frame (reason: so you wouldn't need just 1 be-all, have-all kind of god Riven on all frames).

This would give veterans another min-maxing sandbox of a reason to play

We'd have to un-retardize kuva farm first though, cause spending 25 minutes in survival for just 1 roll is a crime.

Those rivens could be maxed via focus. That'd be pretty good, right?

Edited by deothor

I think Rivens aren't a mistake, but how they were introduced and handled was quite bad.

I kinda enjoy them anyways. It's like neverending christmas for me 😉

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I'd rather not see chat filled with

Oh, what a perfect opportunity to introduce Auction house too 😄

Edited by deothor

39 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Mag, don't corrupt the players any further please.

I will pull them into the glory that is void corruption. (Which actually reminds me of an idea my brother pitched. It's basically submitting your warframe to void energies and corrupting it, resulting in basically when the OP is suggesting. )

33 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Wow. I never expected such a polarizing response from you. 

I wouldn't want to crush your expectations by being so predictable. 

Edited by MagPrime

1 hour ago, deothor said:

those rivens could really work pretty well.

on which planet exactly? point me to the planet in the Solar System where this is even a remotely good idea... cause it ain't a good idea on earth, lemme tell you that.

warframes are balanced differently to weapons. Warframe Rivens would be DE admitting which frames they think are strong or weak, when they are supposed to make each one as unique as possible. and how would we decide which frames get which disposition? every new frame that comes out would start at 1/5 and then get an increase as people go back to their regular frames, while frames that are regulars such as Saryn and Umbra Excal will almost never go higher than 1/5. plus DE would have even more work to do shifting the dispos and it's even more RNG for us to contend with.

Companions don't need Rivens either: what we need is the upcoming pets rework to get here to make all companions equally viable, or at least make it so that Kubrows and Chargers don't suck at missions above level 20. Rivens shouldn't be a substitute for balancing, and they should remain on weapons where they were intended to. it can be argued that even weapon rivens are a bad thing, but considering how many weapons there are overall, I see no harm in making the weaker ones get a boost. 

we really don't need this. it might seem like fun, but it would only be more BS to deal with. it's not a good idea.

@(PS4)robotwars7 That is if we'd use exactly the same mechanic weapons Rivens have. There are plenty of ways disposition could work. Just for example. It's strenght depends how often you play, or maybe it accumulates while you don't play it? That way it could potentially give you more reasons to check whatever frame you almost never use.

@(XB1)GearsMatrix301 Yeah, cause DE is so well known for their perfectly balanced game. Seriously, using this argument in Warframe is just silly. Really silly. I condemn you for being silly.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Rivens that used Focus wouldn't be Rivens.

And why wouldn't they be? Because you said so? There could be multiple different types of rivens tbh. 

Btw could you point me to where DE has said they aren't willing to add rivens for frames?

Edited by deothor

2 minutes ago, deothor said:

And why wouldn't they be? Because you said so? There could be multiple different types of rivens tbh. 

Because Rivens are done with Kuva. Focus is gained everywhere. Kuva is gained in specific spots. For something like Rivens to be tied into Focus, Focus would have to become like Kuva.

All of which is irrelevant. DE has said no to frame Rivens.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Because Rivens are done with Kuva. Focus is gained everywhere. Kuva is gained in specific spots. For something like Rivens to be tied into Focus, Focus would have to become like Kuva.

And that's the worst part about Rivens and many players are unhappy about?

No, Focus wouldn't have to become like kuva (wtf really). It'd be a reason why would anyone want to farm focus, beyond the "eidolon requiring" nodes. It doesn't have to be cheap either.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

All of which is irrelevant. DE has said no to frame Rivens.

Again, could you share me the source?

I want to put a riven on a riven.  Or better yet,  put 10 rivens together to make a deca-riven, slap 10 of those together to make a hecto-riven, and then glue 10 of those on a noggle.  Voila!...the first noggle to carry a leech squad through 20 waves of Hydron.

Make this beautiful dream come true, DE.

2 minutes ago, deothor said:

Again, could you share me the source?

Something DE said near the introduction of Rivens and I think reiterated when more weapon category Rivens were released. 

5 minutes ago, deothor said:

And that's the worst part about Rivens and many players are unhappy about?

Switching to a different resource doesn't trick DE into forgetting the entire point of Kuva being introduced solely for Rivens.

How bout no?

we have the riven market get tossed into a tizzy fit even so much as mentioning (not doing just merely saying it) of getting there rivens touched

id rather keep it out of the few things thing that isnt a few layers of RNG/time wasting and sell for a few hundred dollars because people are immensely lazy and or meta as all sin

tbh i can see it now WTS Frost Statiartibn +75.3% efficency +104.34 Power strength +56.4% range - 34% health 2k plat Roughly 100 dollars for a mod that effects only 1 type of thing and nothing else 

mmhmm yep seems fair to me -_- and say if you made them strictly say utility as a method of limiting power then not many people would use them

Edited by seprent

Rivens were intended to fill a roll of allowing end-game players to make their weak/bad weapons viable in high/er level content. Rivens are a better solution to this than buffing all weapons to be end-game viable because weapons are not meant to all be balanced in the first place (building weapons serves as a form of progression and incentivizes players to try everything out).

How well they achieve this goal is debatable and is hopefully going to get addressed if they continue to make dispositions dynamic.

As far as Rivens for frames and such the real question is what purpose do they serve? Weapon Rivens have a clear purpose (even if poorly achieved) while frame Rivens would simply be powercreep. Especially since frames are meant to be more balanced when it comes to end-game content (which is why we get frame revisits/reworks and not weapon reworks, system reworks like melee 3.0 are not the same).