Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Accounts that abused Khora affinity gain bug still banned?

Are people that abused Khora bug still banned until 2035? If so, does DE plan to reverse the action?

NB: I'm asking strictly about facts, so please refrain from commenting on whether they should've/should've not been banned, etc.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb imax9000:

NB: I'm asking strictly about facts, so please refrain from commenting on whether they should've/should've not been banned, etc.

Then I have to ask you. Why are you making this thread instead of a support ticket.

You won´t get any facts here.

il y a 7 minutes, imax9000 a dit :

Are people that abused Khora bug still banned until 2035? If so, does DE plan to reverse the action?

As far as i know there have been no ban undoings currently. Cannot say about the plans of DE for the future. 

Out of curiosity tho, why does it matter to you? 

Ppl rly got banned for that?

I can understand suspensions or progress reverse but ban for some exploit which was caused by developers oversight

Leveling stuff isnt even that big of a deal, not like someone got plat or some premium stuff lol

Edited by Raskolnikow
1 minute ago, Raskolnikow said:

I can understand suspensions or progress reverse but ban for some exploit which was caused by developers oversight

Leveling stuff isnt even that big of a deal, not like someone got plat or some premium stuff lol

The only guy that i know that got it for sure is N00blShowtek

idk exactly how that used to work (saw the video on YU but didn't care) but wait did they really ban ppl due to ingame bugg :shocked: ?!!!

i mean its warframe thats why red text exist  sometimes u get screwed by them sometimes u take advantage even if u dont want to \_("/)_/

7 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

You can read more about it in other threads.

Short story..they made special macro that send way more imputs that you could do manualy which is why they got banned.

1 minute ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

idk exactly how that used to work (saw the video on YU but didn't care) but wait did they really ban ppl due to ingame bugg :shocked: ?!!!

i mean its warframe thats why red text exist  sometimes u get screwed by them sometimes u take advantage even if u dont want to \_("/)_/

Other then the youtober that started this mess idk man i really don't know anyone else  that got it.

9 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Yep. I hope more studios do that to keep those who break games out, too. Responsible companies will ban for severe exploits/cheats to discourage that behavior. Some players are simply hard headed and believe exploits is "nothing wrong". It IS wrong, especially in how fast they can level (then show up in higher instances and underperform so badly people rather abort the mission than stay).

"Innocent fun" isn't innocent nor fun when the penalty in Warframe is losing affinity when you die. Doing that with OTHER players and wasting their time ISN'T fun.

You bet studios will ban over that stuff, because a bot filled-cheating-exploited game is a crap hole to play. It penalizes the wrong folks.

8 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

The ones who intentionally abused a well-known exploit while also abusing the rules of macro use instead of reporting it? Yes, they were banned.

The fact that macros were abused is the key.

9EqFv2Z.png

It's a so damn well-known fact: as long as you don't use macro to play the game for you you're fine, that I don't believe people didn't know about it.

In other words, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Hmmm..  And to think on a slow night you can exploit conclave rep with a few friends, and you'll only get in trouble if you make it public, I don't think there is a detection system for it. 

Also you could have just keybined for this leveling glitch. Mouse wheel is a godsend for this and high fire rate semi automatic weapons. 

Just now, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Hmmm..  And to think on a slow night you can exploit conclave rep with a few friends, and you'll only get in trouble if you make it public, I don't think there is a detection system for it. 

Also you could have just keybined for this leveling glitch. Mouse wheel is a godsend for this and high fire rate semi automatic weapons. 

Not worth it. Even with the mouse wheel the exploit doesn't give you more XP than ESO runs.

It needs a macro to be worth it. And thats why people got banned. Because they knew it as a bug, exploited it and even use a macro to exploit even more.

What n00b did was violate the latitude that DE gave us for using macros in such a serious way it could not be ignored. This is why we can't have nice things as they say.

^^ THAT!

Can't automate (botting) nor use timed macros to exploit the game. Blizzard broke how Logitech keyboards and certain addons could time chain macros, giving an unfair advantage to people exploiting the game (that leads to botting content).

What makes that exploit so wrong is while THEY were getting an affinity advantage by leveling so quickly -- without the game experience too -- they show up into instances as poor players and costing THEM affinity by dying, as they're short of a player who can play at that level. When you see too many high level MRs who die on more trivial things, leaving YOU to do content with mobs 3x as much so they can have pretty stats by carrying them, their "innocent fun" winds up hurting folks who DIDN'T exploit the game. When that happens players leave.

MMOs are extremely hurt by XP exploits, because they are designed for progression. Someone jumps the queue by cheating, while others played right, dissent then happens.

WHY responsible studios will permaban for exploits like that.

1 hour ago, imax9000 said:

Dude it's only another 16-17 years, give or take. Just wait it out. 🙄

14 minutes ago, GerberaOverture said:

so here's a big question

if you used the bug, but instead of using auto-macro you just sat there mashing 1 2 3 4 keys - would you still get banned?

i reckon yes cause WF policy is one of the worst out there

It's an exploit that would've remained out of the public eye, until a streamer so desperate for viewers posted his macros for max exposure.

It's a mindset that needs to be broken, as it's infecting even top level "pros" (who get PAID sponsorships from companies like Razor and Logitech) exploiting games -- and they're not phased by just HOW far they exploited the game mechanics and quirks -- it ruins games.

When Dream Paragon (who were the #1 raid guild in WoW then) exploited the game to their advantage, got caught at it too, and tried to excuse it, Blizzard banned them from playing for a week which cost them their world first. BUT, Blizzard was wrong in not permabanning the exploiters. Ever since world first raiding in WoW lost it's shine, as the "pros" have been caught repeatedly exploiting mechanics. Method and the Russians ... they don't even care about video taping their exploits...

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/28188-guild-banned-over-star-augur-exploit-video-added/

https://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/wow-archivist-a-raid-exploit-compendium-part-2/

That's the world we live in now. It ruins especially MMOs as all your work is meaningless BECAUSE people even at the top tier with sponsorships trivialized the whole idea WHAT MMOs are about. After the "pros" did all that to win -- including Method and the other world first guilds who KNEW that exploit and didn't report it COLLECTIVELY to Blizzard -- put a fork into raiding and the whole MLG promotion ideas, as Blizzard doesn't permaban their "stars" anymore (like they did to the WotLK world first guild who exploited using Saronite bombs to down the Lich King).

If they exploit especially at THAT level, permaban them. Don't ruin the game for others as MMOs is ALL about progression.

9 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Ok, so there was macro + "playing the game for you" thing, i get it

but still dont think ban is appropriate pubishment for this

some suspension, warning or even short-term ban, but not acctual ban 😕

Its the consequence of knowingly breaking the rules. Any slap on the wrist is not going to guarantee future cooperation of the rules. And you cant cherry pick low risk repeaters just because they spent a lot of money once.

mistakesdemotivator_grande.jpeg?v=141677

Did people forget what cheating is?

oh look i died in minecraft that wasnt.... "fair"... ill just "one time" use the console to give me back my stuff.. and a diamond block...and some diamond armor cause i got killed unfairly... so ill enable god mod too.. .just for this session...

49 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Actually no,

it was a "Macro" + "Bug" = Exploit

There is a big difference in having macros for some stuff that you would be able to normally do anyway and using a macro to get an insanely high click rate and then combining it with a bug to create an exploit.

Hek, if you look at every social media platform talking about that streamer, almost every single poster is calling them a cheater.

DE said they only banned the "extreme offenders" which considering how heavily you could have exploited it within the four-ish days between noob making the post and DE taking notice people on the extreme end are likely not getting unbanned. Also even if using it without a macro is "slower than ESO" it doesn't matter if it's still fast enough to be picked up by DE's tracking.

However the 2035 bans are either automated or outright permabans and either way the only way anyone in this boat could know or try to get their account back is to appealing to support.

So no, DE likely won't reverse anything except for people who at least try to talk their way out of it.

3 hours ago, imax9000 said:

the fact they abused a bug or exploit knowingly its already been confirmed by de those will stand no matter what as hard bans

2 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

some suspension, warning or even short-term ban, but not acctual ban 😕

For regular players I could agree that temporary ban would be more appropriate. But for Noobs case, who was youtuber and partnered by DE perma ban is well deserved. One thing is to exploit the bug, but to exploit and then share it to the community as partnered youtuber which leads to more people abusing the exploit? That's too much.