Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with nullies in orb vallis

(XBOX)Hyperion Rexx

Guys, help.

Been doing Fortuna for a week now and love it, great battles and enemies.  However, last night farming toroids, threat level at max and virtually every enemy had there own personal nully bubble.  Made using abilities almost impossible as no matter how you dodged a bubble somewhere stripped you abilities away.  You'd strip their bubble, reload and it'd be back.  Plus the enemies are real bullet sponges so if you concentrate fire down on one enemy to hack through their bubble, shields and then health you were being gang raped from behind by monster spiders, jackals and hyenas. 

I'm no noob, 1300+ hrs and play with friends who have double that.  We've tried different frames and weapons, mag, mesa, chrome, rhino, nezha etc but without abilities to buff weapons we're struggling to go past lvl 125 where as we can eat normal corpus that level for breakfast.

Any tips, strategies we should be using?  Best weapon combos and element types?  Help would be great.

Thanks in advance, a struggling tenno. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I'm no noob, [...] struggling to go past lvl 125

I can go to 150 in 20 minutes solo with ease. Dunno what you are doing wrong...maybe your builds are suboptimal. Or you facetank too much.

Some frames are more difficult. I wouldn't last 5 minutes with Mag, Mesa can kill 125 in seconds, Inaros can even facetank 150

What do you mean struggling to go past 125? You cannot go past level 125 enemies in Orb Vallis if that is what you are talking about. Enemies cap out at that level. If you see an enemy that is maybe 135 it's only because he is an eximus and they are normally higher than current regular enemies on the map

Also in regards to dealing with the enemies, Try using more mechanics with your operator and the focus system. Some people think it's a joke when I say operators and the focus system was made for high level content but w/e, sure helps me out. Also, check your builds again. Not saying this is the case for you but, a lot of players are still using builds that were meant for Grineer since armor is an issue for damage. I can tell you that Corrosive and Slash is definitely not king in Orb Vallis.

So in short, check out the codex entries for these new enemies for their strengths and weaknesses, then adjust your builds. In the end, takes a lot of darn practice!

So, looking at the replies above I'm a tad confused.  One guy says he solos lvl150 in 20 mins (If so tell me your loadout/build), another says the enemies cap at 125.  Can't be both. 

Yh, obvs my builds up to now have been centred around slash/corrosive but been trying other things, radiation, cold, electric, but can't find one that really seems to make a difference.   I'll happily admit my builds are not optimal right now, or even close to it probably hence the post asking for help/advice.  

Anyways, thanks for the replies so far. 

17 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

One guy says he solos lvl150 in 20 mins (If so tell me your loadout/build), another says the enemies cap at 125.  Can't be both. 

Just tested it for you with proof. I was wrong with my times though. But they clearly get beyond 125 (I didn't proceed any further because point was proven)

Spoiler

20181215140652-1.jpg

20181215140706-1.jpg

18 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I'll happily admit my builds are not optimal right now, or even close to it probably hence the post asking for help/advice.  

I can show you my builds if you want to give them a try for yourself

Inaros: https://ibb.co/BcDnZvN

Mesa works as well pretty easy: http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#mesaa

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Just tested it for you with proof. I was wrong with my times though. But they clearly get beyond 125 (I didn't proceed any further because point was proven)

Hide contents

20181215140652-1.jpg

20181215140706-1.jpg

I can show you my builds if you want to give them a try for yourself

Inaros: https://ibb.co/BcDnZvN

Mesa works as well pretty easy: http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#mesaa

But, that was an eximus? Eximus are always above the base level of the others. Were the regular enemies going past that point?

Edit: Personal nullifier drone advice - if you see a bubble, immediately switch gears to target any ospreys you see. Fortunately, Ospreys are extremely squishy, so you can actually use your Operator to take them out without risking your frame. Usually, even the rank 1 amps are sufficient for them.

Edited by Loza03
Advice.