Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greetings and Grofit Contest [Winners Announced!]

[DE]Helen

4 hours ago, (PS4)Barraku670 said:

Sadly have no drawing talent at all, but good luck to everyone involved

That's pretty close to "the story of my life," (in the strictly idiomatic sense), and despite ceaseless efforts to learn, practice and develop skills in drawing or the "plastic arts," nothing has improved in that respect really. But I can trace, and I loved to cut and paste to make collage type things on paper when I was younger, then later with computer assistance also.  

Now I have to mainly use only the "digital" tools to make most anything.

Parkinsonism has made a mess of efforts to create anything which requires the types of dexterity needed to make anything but a mess of physical arts and craft materials. 

So, that now brings up a sort of categorical dilemma -

I still go about doing things 'by hand,' on a tablet now, or by using other types of physical human computer interfacing assistive devices, in the same ways that I used to when I could work (and play) with things physically in common ways.

So if I came up with something, made using the 'old ways,' but with the 'new' tools, then printed it on a card stock, construction or parchment type paper, and took a picture of it with my phone to submit as an entry, which category would it belong in? "Handmade" on one hand, or "Digital" on the other? 

(I'll side-step any further matters which CONNECT with, or EXTEND from "Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man," "The Medium [as being such that it] Is The Message," or "The Massage," [the mass and/or mess age], the "Language of The 'New Media,'" the "Theory of Forms," "Plato's Pharmacy," or other such "Dissemination," and merely TOUCH LIGHTLY on the POINT that I am AT LEAST blessed to HAVE RETAINED all FIVE of the DIGITS ON each of BOTH my HANDS. ; ) 

• Like 1