Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennobaum 2018

Marcooose

On 2018-12-14 at 5:50 PM, Shadow-Spawn said:

Because it's never a good idea to mix IRL charity events with in-game events.

It might be good for the charity cause, but it's not good for the game itself or the paying customers or the player base as a whole.

DE is a gaming studio and they should always prioritize the last 3 points - and if DE wants to make a generous donation - just do it quietly.

The more you mix in-game events with IRL charity events the more you alienate your gaming community by making them feel more and more guilty.

You break the game immersion when players instead are running around trying to solve IRL charity problems in-game - and when they realize that it's not possible - then they get frustrated and stop playing.

I love how you are acting like DE is evil for having this Christmas event for charity. It doesn't affect in game players if they can't or don't want to gift anything. Your feelings are not DE's responsibility.

4 hours ago, CriticalFumble said:

Is the Gift-O-Meter broken?  it doesn't seem to have moved from where it was over the weekend, but the gifting leaderboards changed multiple times.  

Over the last 3 days there hasn't been nearly as many gifts. I would still be on the board (300+ gifts) AFIK if it didn't reset every 24 hours. 

Something to Consider for future Tennobaums.

While you are looking at player profile and checking their Wish List, you cannot directly sent gift to players that are not your friends (never tried with friends), you have to manually enter name, which is not a pain but inconvenient, because your entire chat fades. 

You got a sample of that during Prime Time 229 when attempting to give gift and ended up having to open chat, to then get stock loading lists.

Fix the first, might not have to worry about the second problem.

Thank you.

Hey, is the website counter broken?

It doesnt look like its updating at all, evne though poeple are gifting thousands of gifts.

Anyway, if we DONT get it, can you add the avia armor and cookie glyphs to the market? Its my favorite armor set and i've wanted prisma avia for years!

Or at the very least an event extension? Everyone going home for the holidays, can't play warframe on a plane.

On 2018-12-14 at 2:53 PM, Shadow-Spawn said:

So DE wants us to buy gifts with platinum and send the gifts to other random players.
To help with some IRL charity event where DE donates 100K USD when we have reached some in-game volume goal.
The more we give the more DE donates.

No thanks - it gives me a bad conscience and a bad taste in my mouth - DE should never mix IRL charity campaigns with in-game events.
If DE wants to support any IRL charity cause with a generous donation - just do it anonymously - don't tell anyone about it. 
Don't bring your players into it - DE should be better than this.

Your comments leave a bad taste in our mouths.

DE has done this for years and you are probably one of the first to come out with such a revolting and disgusting complaint against it.  All I see is a bunch of baseless comments and ridiculous assertions.  Why should they do it anonymously?  Why shouldn't they ask us to get involved so we can all help eachother and promote a good cause?  Your moral compass is broken if you believe this is in any way a problem.   You are acting like this is a PR stunt or targeted guilt trip when it's just an act of goodwill they allowed us to take part in.  See DE is all about building a strong community, not bending over backwards for the most obscure "conscientiousness" I've ever witnessed.   It should speak volumes to you that you're the only one pushing this narrative.  

You win the Gold Medal in Mental Gymnastics.  

You may just have earned yourself the title of "Warframe Community's Grinch"...opinion or not - your entire message is disgusting.  Take your clearly defunct moral compass and go project it somewhere else...

PS - YOU already have a bad conscience.  DE doesn't need to help you with that.  If you feel 'guilty' as you highlighted on Page 3, maybe you should... but not for not buying gifts, but for your ridiculous comments.

We all lift together. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 3

On 2018-12-15 at 4:09 AM, Shadow-Spawn said:

I am sure that it's good for the cause in itself, but it's not good for the game. 

Besides once you begin to open these gates they will be difficult to close again.
How can you say No to the next good cause when you just said Yes to the last ones.

So we can look forward to disabled midgets season.
Remember to wear those ribbons gamers - you don't want to seem insensitive towards disabled midgets - what have they ever done to you!

Hurry up now - week of the blind and hungry are coming up - better find room for those extra ribbons - you don't want to seem unsupportive.

Yea sure, but why can we only fit so few ribbons on our character?! 
Damn you DE! We want to wear them all at the same time - we don't want to seem unsupportive about anything!
And why do we all feel so guilty - that we are not blind, hungry or disabled midgets?

(Mental Meltdown!)

I know let's go play something else that does not make us feel guilty. 
Yea we are leaving!

DE: Think about The Children - we have Orphan Children Month - please stay.

...tumbleweed... crickets...

You are trying too hard.  

Or did you really got burned irl by not being able to say no to multiple charity requests? Or were you left out because another charity took priority over what you though had more priority?

The guilt tripping attempt says you got burned bad and have yet to recover from it, seek help, thats nothing good to hang onto.

Yeah, been around too many people who do charity irl, have met a few that over the years have turned into Scrooges and end up looking down at anyone else's charity events because it doesn't benefit theirs.

7 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Your comments leave a bad taste in our mouths.

DE has done this for years and you are probably one of the first to come out with such a revolting and disgusting complaint against it.  All I see is a bunch of baseless comments and ridiculous assertions.  Why should they do it anonymously?  Why shouldn't they ask us to get involved so we can all help eachother and promote a good cause?  Your moral compass is broken if you believe this is in any way a problem.   You are acting like this is a PR stunt or targeted guilt trip when it's just an act of goodwill they allowed us to take part in.  See DE is all about building a strong community, not bending over backwards for the most obscure "conscientiousness" I've ever witnessed.   It should speak volumes to you that you're the only one pushing this narrative.  

You win the Gold Medal in Mental Gymnastics.  

You may just have earned yourself the title of "Warframe Community's Grinch"...opinion or not - your entire message is disgusting.  Take your clearly defunct moral compass and go project it somewhere else...

PS - YOU already have a bad conscience.  DE doesn't need to help you with that.  If you feel 'guilty' as you highlighted on Page 3, maybe you should... but not for not buying gifts, but for your ridiculous comments.

We all lift together. 

You missed the point entirely.

The fact that I am pointing it out now does not make it any less true.
It's not nice to speak out against charity in any form, perhaps that's why so few players dare to do it.

I did also speak out against DEs last in-game charity campaign in September/October about cancer.
And I have lost people that I cared greatly about to cancer myself.

I have played WF less than 6 months, so I have missed out on all the other previous charity campaigns.

I am not against any of the charity campaigns in general - I am against mixing IRL charity campaigns with in-game events.

It does not seem noble, when it's used like a sales & marketing ploy - if DE wants to support any or all of the charity campaigns - just give them all generous donations without telling your player base about it. That's really noble. 

Don't give to charity, so that others can see how great you are - give to charity because you care about the cause.