Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennobaum 2018

Marcooose

2 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

So DE wants us to buy gifts with platinum and send the gifts to other random players.
To help with some IRL charity event where DE donates 100K USD when we have reached some in-game volume goal.
The more we give the more DE donates.

No thanks - it gives me a bad conscience and a bad taste in my mouth - DE should never mix IRL charity campaigns with in-game events.
If DE wants to support any IRL charity cause with a generous donation - just do it anonymously - don't tell anyone about it. 
Don't bring your players into it - DE should be better than this.

They've done it for the past 2-3 years.. it isn't anything new, and wont be the last. You're stating if they dont do it anonymously, then they shouldn't do it at all? Why? Lastly, the Money some players will use to buy plat in order to help fuel the gifting to get the rewards is a source for the money they give... it's a system.

2 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

So DE wants us to buy gifts with platinum and send the gifts to other random players.
To help with some IRL charity event where DE donates 100K USD when we have reached some in-game volume goal.

No thanks - it gives me a bad conscience and a bad taste in my mouth - DE should never mix IRL charity campaigns with in-game events.
If DE wants to support any IRL charity cause with a generous donation - just do it anonymously - don't tell anyone about it. 

So DE offers an incentive to buy gifts and send them to other players for a community-driven christmas event -- where no one has to feel forced to participate, as the reward unlocks are given to everyone.*

Would you feel better if they hosted a Tennobaum to encourage players to send out gifts to each other without the donation drive? That would leave more of a bad taste, imo. To me this feels more like a great way for community building, as some players have talked about the friends they've made and the fun they've had. Send some gifts, receive some, feel festive and good about yourself as you are not only enriching whom you've gifted, you also get to contribute to the continued development and existence of the game you pour hours upon hours into, the developers thereof and the Canadian Red Cross.

Seems like a good thing to me. And as a player of this game and part of the tenno community, I'd like to know how far our support reaches, so if DE donates money with their profits, I'm all ears and all cheers. Happy holidays!

Edited by Chasue
Punctuation

57 minutes ago, uberfu said:

I fyou read the original post you might find what you're looking for.

And if you read a few posts below my original comment you will see that [DE] Marcus updated the original post to include the missing information.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DaleW80 said:

They've done it for the past 2-3 years.. it isn't anything new, and wont be the last. You're stating if they dont do it anonymously, then they shouldn't do it at all? Why? Lastly, the Money some players will use to buy plat in order to help fuel the gifting to get the rewards is a source for the money they give... it's a system.

Because it's never a good idea to mix IRL charity events with in-game events.

It might be good for the charity cause, but it's not good for the game itself or the paying customers or the player base as a whole.

DE is a gaming studio and they should always prioritize the last 3 points - and if DE wants to make a generous donation - just do it quietly.

The more you mix in-game events with IRL charity events the more you alienate your gaming community by making them feel more and more guilty.

You break the game immersion when players instead are running around trying to solve IRL charity problems in-game - and when they realize that it's not possible - then they get frustrated and stop playing.

4 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

By mixing it with the game they also spread the word of the charity which could result in more donations from people donating directly. 

4 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

no this makes perfect sense. 

I've been playing since like september 2017. This year I saved up to 4,600p to give away in tennobaum. I have nothing left to buy myself asides boosters which I only need once every 30 days. giving weapon slots and warframe slots, etc is great. it helps them grind less, it makes me feel board and it gets me on the leaderboard. You don't have to give anything if you don't want to. Last year we hit the ultimate goal and so far we've already got like 2,500 gifts from the leaderboard alone which doesn't count all people outside it. 

this entire thing only helps everyone, in someway. 

• Like 2