Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith vs Corinth vs Boar Prime vs Hek/Vaykor Hek - which one is strongest?

Marakai

1 hour ago, exturkconner said:

With pellet shotguns getting to 100% status chance before multishot means every pellet will inflict a status. Without getting to that number it does a division formula between the pellets. 

Yes.

And what is that pellet most likely to inflict?

Impact (or whatever the highest IPS is...which is why Tigris is such a monster).

So if you have a shotgun that can get to 100% status you 100% should build it that way.

No...It's an option.

That option is highly determined by playstyle, mob level, and modding choices exercised outside of just the weapon itself.

I build my Wraith as a hybrid because it's innate status is already so high and I have other means of dealing with things like armor.

...That allows me to augment things like crit and crit mod in most scenarios on the Wraith.

But I use my primary and secondary as my main sources of damage (as opposed to powers or aoe).

That's not to say i don't have builds with 100% status...It more so depends on the status in question I am trying to inflict.

If you cannot get to 100% it probably doesn't make sense to build status at all.

No.

Without a hint of disrespect to you...

Just about everything you've said aside from the very first sentence is subjective to your style of building...Not mine.

It's what you concluded based off of how status is calculated for shotguns and how you play.

...I didn't not arrive at the same conclusions because I probably do not play the same way you do.

It's quite literally why I said, "...Everybody has their own way of building though.".

16 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Yes.

And what is that pellet most likely to inflict?

Impact (or whatever the highest IPS is...which is why Tigris is such a monster).

No...It's an option.

That option is highly determined by playstyle, mob level, and modding choices exercised outside of just the weapon itself.

I build my Wraith as a hybrid because it's innate status is already so high and I have other means of dealing with things like armor.

...That allows me to augment things like crit and crit mod in most scenarios on the Wraith.

But I use my primary and secondary as my main sources of damage (as opposed to powers or aoe).

That's not to say i don't have builds with 100% status...It more so depends on the status in question I am trying to inflict.

No.

Without a hint of disrespect to you...

Just about everything you've said aside from the very first sentence is subjective to your style of building...Not mine.

It's what you concluded based off of how status is calculated for shotguns and how you play.

...I didn't not arrive at the same conclusions because I probably do not play the same way you do.

It's quite literally why I said, "...Everybody has their own way of building though.".

It's the optimal way. Which is what was stated. You "can" build any manner you choose. I said "should" which implies exactly what it's meant to imply that it's the superior way.

If you like to handicap yourself that's of course up to you. But you understand it's what you are doing right? Not building a weapon to do what it can do best isn't a building style it's choosing to build it poorly. You have every right to do that of course. All the power to you. Some people play with no mods. But those people know what they are doing and it's not building their own way. 

Crit has a finite ceiling the max it can do is based on a multiplier limited by a crit level. Status also has caps but some of those caps are much much higher because of the nature of the beast. Sure you can strip armor in other ways. Does that take away from the fact that inflicting a lot of status' is still going to be superior? With the strun you even have the benefit of it only needing 3 dual status mods to go 100% which affords you the ability to do Viral,Heat. Or Gas Electric. Combinations that do damage over time,cc one giving you aoe,and the other giving you instant half health reduction.

I'm not saying you can't play the game however you want. You can. But if you are basing what weapons are "best" on non optimal builds for those weapons do you really have a place in this particular conversation? 

Edited by exturkconner
Spelling issue.

Objective opinion ON topic:

Vaykor Hek with full crit build +Hunters Munitions is by far strongest single target dps (with NO Rivens),

Corinth is by far the best to clear a lot of mobs (with levels lower than say 30), and can deal with strong enemies with Hunters Munitions as well,

Boar Prime is probably most user friendly as it is full auto big spread and can kill many enemies and haevy single targets quickly.

Strun if u got riven only I woupd say.

Personaly if I want clear large groups of low lvl mobs I would rather go for Ignis or Ignis Wraith and I would build something very strong to deal with super tanky targets like in Index and as such I would suggest going for Vaykor Hek (not Hek).

11 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Do you do this for corrosive?

If you are doing long runs you'd be running multiple corrosive projections so you'd most certainly not mod for corrosive as it would do nothing.

If you are not doing that than corrosive on a weapon with a lot of pellets and 100% status chance makes a lot of sense. Each pellet having the chance to increase every other pellets damage by lowering the armor to lower the enemies resistance to damage. The other reason to use corrosive of course being that it grants an additional 75% damage bonus against targets with Ferrite armor. Now you get into the space where you don't want over strip so you have to run another element to get some balance.

Edited by exturkconner

3 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

Isn't the hek with it's ms augment higher overall damage than the vaykor?

Not really.

The Vaykor is gaining damage due to having the higher crit stats, and it has double the magazine. Over time Vaykor always out damages the base Hek. On a single shot it'll depend how many of your pellets crit. But the Vaykor is a pretty huge upgrade.

Having said that with Hek's recent riven dispo change hek rivens can get 62% or so status chance. So you actually can build base hek 100% status now with all the status chance,a riven,all the multishot mods,and the augment it'd be a tight build. But it would make the choice harder. Base hek status chance riven,vaykor hek crit stats rivens. That's actually a very interesting debate now. I still think vaykor crit built with hunter munitions would be superior but it would make for an interesting option now.

7 hours ago, exturkconner said:

If you are not doing that than corrosive on a weapon with a lot of pellets and 100% status chance makes a lot of sense.

No, it doesn't.

And you know why too...

7 hours ago, exturkconner said:

Now you get into the space where you don't want over strip so you have to run another element to get some balance.

This is just one of the reasons why I don't go nuts with status on the Wraith.

I don't need to constantly apply impact, or refresh durations...I need enough damage to kill inside the existing durations applied.

I rely on my weapons for damage and I like using the Struns.

...This means I use other means of stripping armor and rely on fewer duration resets as opposed to constantly resetting them at 100% status chance.

I completely understand that the sense behind such tactics may elude you given your previous commentary.

That said, It's a trade-off I'm willing to take given that the bulk of what I do is done solo.

On 2018-12-17 at 7:10 PM, Padre_Akais said:

No, it doesn't.

And you know why too...

This is just one of the reasons why I don't go nuts with status on the Wraith.

I don't need to constantly apply impact, or refresh durations...I need enough damage to kill inside the existing durations applied.

I rely on my weapons for damage and I like using the Struns.

...This means I use other means of stripping armor and rely on fewer duration resets as opposed to constantly resetting them at 100% status chance.

I completely understand that the sense behind such tactics may elude you given your previous commentary.

That said, It's a trade-off I'm willing to take given that the bulk of what I do is done solo.

You can build however you want. I don't really get why you keep feeling the need to justify it to me. But if you are going to try and convince me that building a status weapon to not take advantage of status just because you don't like impact procs I'm going to tell you a couple of things. 1 you can change the weighting of your procs with 90% mods to insure that corrosive is your number 1 proc. 2 If you don't like impact for follow up headshots I'd point out we are talking about a shotgun with a spread pattern. 

Either way I don't feel the need to debate it anymore. Build how you want.

2 hours ago, exturkconner said:

You can build however you want. I don't really get why you keep feeling the need to justify it to me.

I don't...that may be why you don't "get" it.

...I am endeavoring to instruct you.

Your comments suggest to me that you don't even know what you don't know, at this point, so I felt some mild and polite instruction was in order.

I hope that clears it up.

I think it's a fair trade given your need to lend what you thought was advice to begin with 😃.

2 hours ago, exturkconner said:

But if you are going to try and convince me that building a status weapon to not take advantage of status just because you don't like impact procs I'm going to tell you a couple of things.

I'm not and I haven't.

I honestly don't care what you do or how you do it— That's the primary difference here.

What I have attempted to do is show you that speaking, advising, or trending toward absolutes for others is dumb.

The real question regards whether you possess the wit to have grasped this yet.

...Jury is still out for me on this one tbh.

As to the rest of your pieces of advice?

...It's just you yammering in the hopes of looking smart imo.

You've clearly figured out by now that you are dealing with someone of comparable acumen when it comes to modding so at this point you are stuck with regurgitating anything in the hopes of looking competent.

You don't sound competent to me...You sound like a parrot.

• 4 weeks later...

Waykor Hek because of extra heal plus AoE and generally better usefulness as shotgun as well. Strun and Boar are harder to mod and are generally just weaker than Hek and Corinth is the worst of all shotguns I have tried so far - awfully inaccurate gun.

Also for me Sobek is the most useful shotgun in game. It might deal less damage than others, but it reaches farther than other shotguns making it invaluable for me. I can "snipe" mobs with headshots using Sobek from distances that other shotguns either cannot reach or the damage drop is too big to even try using those weapons from so far.

I get more results from Sobek across a wide variety of venues than any other shotgun. Its Acid Shells mod scales levels perfectly, and when used with punch-through and viral can murder a whole room by shooting at only one target. The biggest problems with Sobek are 1) fire rate/reload time, and 2) primarily impact-based. But...that impact makes it incredibly good at killing Corpus, and because of its status-focus you're probably ready for an elemental-swap setup in the first place. Also -- 5-Riven disp.

Generally speaking, and not counting crit (don't bother modding it for this), no other shotgun benefits as much from unique mods as the Sobek. (Acid Shells is one of the best weapon-specific mods in the game; Shattering Justice is very good though not required; 5-Riven Disp means you WANT to work on a good Sobek Riven.)

It's my #1 choice for shotgun when doing Index and Sorties. I almost won't take anything else when going up against Corpus. (Gas + Magnetic + high Impact = murder.) It's very good against Infested, but understandably less ideal against Grineer.