Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Vagnar

Wukong Rework Ideas from a since he launched Wukong main

I'm pretty much in love with this frame since day 1. This is a quick list of  rework ideas and others can feel free to post their own.

The biggest idea here is that he effectively has 2 modes: Normal and "Monkey King" mode, which changes his abilities based on whether he has Primal Fury activated or not.

New Passive: Triple Jump - The Monkey is an acrobat, and I think this would open up a lot of fun parkour options that would be in line with other mobility tools while being unique to Wukong. Currently, frames get 2 jumps with 1 being a Bullet Jump. I'd be fine with Wukong getting 3 jumps with one being a bullet jump, but if you REALLY want to make this passive stand out, letting 2 or possibly even all jumps in a sequence able to be Bullet Jumps would be a lot of fun.

Iron Jab:
        Basic Quality of Life improvements - Better hit detection. Can charge it to release a wider staff that does more damage and knockback. Can cast in the air. Point it straight down will make it do a slam attack. If you charge the air attack, you have time to aim the direction it you launch yourself.

While Primal Fury is active - Changes to something similar to Garuda's Dread Mirror in essence (without Garuda's other perks). Launches himself towards the targeted destination or enemy and slams the ground for a wide AoE that knocks everything up in the air. This slam benefits from the Iron Jab augment if equipped.

Defy:

Stays the same in normal mode

While Primal Fury is active - Each time Defy is procced via death, Wukong also spawns a Wukong specter that remains until the effect is cancelled or the specter is killed. Wukong can have up to 3 specters out at any given time. The first one will use his Primary Weapon, the second will use his Secondary Weapon, and the third will use his normal Melee weapon. If one of these slots are unequipped, that Specter will use his Iron Staff instead. If he procs Defy a 4th time in this mode, the effect ends automatically after his invincibility period and all specters despawn

Cloudwalker:

Stays largely the same, except he can leave the cloud with a ground slam with by casting Iron Jab at the ground. He also gains a small damage lighting bolt by pressing primary fire. This attack drains energy and does minimal damage, but it provides him a way to do things like shoot out cameras

While Primal Fury is active - Flying Nimbus - Basically Wukong's personal K-Drive. Instead of dismounting by pressing melee though, he can still use melee attacks while on the cloud. When he jumps, you can press Aim Glide to Hover briefly until you begin to slowly descend back to ground level. Primary Fire will still fire lightning bolts at enemies, but in this mode the bolt will be much stronger but have a larger energy cost. You can dismount the cloud by either deactivating Primal Fury or Cloudwalker, or casting Iron Jab to leap off the cloud into a slam attack.

Primal Fury:

Aside from the mechanic changes to his other abilities, this basically just needs some better combos.

1) Basic combo should be more fluid and have an "infinite" feel to it

2) Slam combo stays the same

3) New combo where he extends his staff to ridiculous lengths and does multiple spins (with damage fall off the further out the enemy is)

4) New combo that focuses on many rapid forward attacks. Good for killing high priority targets.

5) The normal Iron Jab will become Primal Fury's charge attack, so you'll still have access to it along with the modified Iron Jab ability.

Anyway, I tried to keep it basic enough but I'd love to hear thoughts and other people's ideas.

Also, the Deluxe skin is awesome. Someone's been watching The Monkey King 2 😛

review time;

passive; more parkour is always good (although i can't help but feel that 3 bullet jumps tacked onto each other would out maneuver even frames like zephyr but, eh, that's probably just me).

1st; i agree with everything here.

2nd; 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

If he procs Defy a 4th time in this mode, the effect ends automatically after his invincibility period and all specters despawn

do you mean Defy or the specter effect ends? Honestly i would just make it that procing defy again just replaces the oldest specter and keep defy active

3rd; As someone mentioned above; cloudwalker sucks and should really be dropped for a better ability. BUT if we had to keep it, your suggestion would be a good way to go about it. Although i would also add; you no longer drain energy when moving BUT you can sprint in it which will then drain energy, simply because the thing that kills this ability the most is how freaking slow it is.

4th; i feel like there's too many combos there; exalted combos have 3 types; normal, block and hold. I feel;

New combo where he extends his staff to ridiculous lengths and does multiple spins (with damage fall off the further out the enemy is)

Is basically just spin attacks when you get your combo counter up.

New combo that focuses on many rapid forward attacks. Good for killing high priority targets.

the current hold combo does something similar but not "rapid" instead "methodical", i.e. less hits and slower speed. Could be replaced for this though.

Other than that yeah, a pretty good rework.

Also, what does our Monkey King think @DeMonkey

10 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Also, what does our Monkey King think @DeMonkey

Hehe, Vagnar already knows what I think. This isn't the first thread with these ideas. :wink:

Someone's been watching The Monkey King 2

Good movie, shame I can't find a Blu Ray of the third one.

Yeah me and monkey have spoken in lots of detail on the frame.

There's so many things I'd do with the frame, but I try to stay grounded in my posts.

I'd kill for a shapeshifting ability etc.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

but I try to stay grounded in my posts.

Bah, where's the fun in that.

Go hard or go home. (Totally not posting this from my home).

What if cloudwalker has K-Drive controls and uses K-Drive mods and goes really fast and knock people away.

Also is Monkey King 2 any good. I liked the first one on netflix, but haven't seen the second yet.

2 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

What if cloudwalker has K-Drive controls and uses K-Drive mods and goes really fast and knock people away.

Also is Monkey King 2 any good. I liked the first one on netflix, but haven't seen the second yet.

I'd be down for the Cloud benefitting from K-Drive mods that were stat boosts. I'm not envisioning being a ventkid standing/trick based thing though. It'd be an upgrade unique to him but I could see that being exploitable if it gave standing.

Also, yeah both the Monkey King trilogy and the Journey to the West films (I think Rock Monkey might actually be from the seconf of these, not Monkey King 2) are good watches. I wouldn't say they're award winning but fans of the novel will likely enjoy them. I found them all on Amazon (in Chinese with English subtitles)

On 2018-12-14 at 4:24 PM, (PS4)Vagnar said:

New Passive: Triple Jump - The Monkey is an acrobat, and I think this would open up a lot of fun parkour options that would be in line with other mobility tools while being unique to Wukong. Currently, frames get 2 jumps with 1 being a Bullet Jump. I'd be fine with Wukong getting 3 jumps with one being a bullet jump, but if you REALLY want to make this passive stand out, letting 2 or possibly even all jumps in a sequence able to be Bullet Jumps would be a lot of fun.

This is really nice, fits thematically, and would result in his lower speed making more sense (you're not supposed to just sprint, you're supposed to flip and jump all over the place).

On 2018-12-16 at 12:54 AM, Roboplus said:

This is really nice, fits thematically, and would result in his lower speed making more sense (you're not supposed to just sprint, you're supposed to flip and jump all over the place).

Yeah, I've always wanted him to have that monkey agility. Keep his run speed slow but make him flippy and crazy for mobility. Even if he never achieves some god tier status (I kinda hope he doesn't. I've always enjoyed his straight forward approach.) I just want him to feel fun.