[DE]Rebecca

[PC] What and When to expect Fortuna Part II: The Profit Taker!

Just now, Espilon said:

hype for the update: deleted

Only you. You all don't want to work for anything do you? Wasn't even that much of a grind to get to max standing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

B) VOX SOLARIS:
Stock up on Toroids - Little Duck's Vox Solaris Syndicate has 5 Ranks coming and will be home to Baruuk and his Components.

This is a bit worrying to see listed. Toroid farming seems so mind-numbingly boring that I had assumed it was mostly just a placeholder for the orb heists BEING the actual source of standing. But you're saying to just stock up on them now, suggesting that we shouldn't be expecting to get them or something equivalent from the fights?? It's just mindless farming in three locations all the way, and that's all this syndicate will be?

I know you don't want to give everything away, but this is a bit of a red flag. I'd love it if you could clarify on this one in advance a bit.

EDIT: got a response from rebb on twitter, sounds like we're fine

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

i hope this heist drops all type of toroids cause farming them is gonna be pretty lame

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Aww, no mention if it's going to be forced co-op or if we can solo them. Nervously waiting for it to release to see if I will or won't be participating in this part of the update.

Thanks though 😄 

Steve said in his stream Monday that he wants players to be able to solo them, but the way he said it gave me the impression that that's not an option at this time.

41 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Please do not confine Orbs to the Warm/Cold cycle. Since the Silver Grove, it has been aggravating to be forced when you can play a section of content. Fishing in Orb Vallis is already a nightmare with a 5 minute window for Warm fish, so please do not make the activation of an Orb confined to this cycle system.

Also, I await the new ranks:

U need own friends to farm it easy... public is so hard to find people to farm these

• Woah 1

14 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

This is a bit worrying to see listed. Toroid farming seems so mind-numbingly boring that I had assumed it was mostly just a placeholder for the orb heists BEING the actual source of standing. But you're saying to just stock up on them now, suggesting that we shouldn't be expecting to get them or something equivalent from the fights?? It's just mindless farming all the way?

I'm hoping that similarly to Eidolon Hunts dropping a ton of Sentient Cores (which is the direct source of Standing for the Quills on Cetus), that the Orb Heists or the Orb Mothers themselves will be the primary source of Toroids (earned at end of mission or as drops from the Mothers themselves).

Hopefully.
Because if not, then that'd totally suck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I'm hoping that similarly to Eidolon Hunts dropping a ton of Sentient Cores (which is the direct source of Standing for the Quills on Cetus), that the Orb Heists or the Orb Mothers themselves will be the primary source of Toroids (earned at end of mission or as drops from the Mothers themselves).

Hopefully.
Because if not, then that'd totally suck.

That's what I'd been hoping, too, except telling us to pre-emptively start stockpiling them in preparation for the patch that will bring the orbs heavily suggests that to NOT be the case.

Edited by OvisCaedo

This update have me worry. 

1. Orb bosses will be tied to Clime circle?

2. Why we have to farm torpid before update? Won't orb bosses drop toroids?

3. New arcades? Hope only amps needed we already have a set of secondaries.

4. Barruk new frame; will be tied to orb bosses material? Ummm

• Like 2

You must be Old Mate to participle in the Heist Bounties.

So, can we expect a toggle for the head in body S#&$? I find that extremely gross.

So I just stopped my rep at 4. Unless we're getting a toggle for it, I'm now shafted out of this fight.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Baruuk

dafuq is a Baruuk?

edit: Ah now I remember 

Edited by Kyoresh
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Velocikitty said:

So, can we expect a toggle for the head in body S#&$? I find that extremely gross.

So I just stopped my rep at 4. Unless we're getting a toggle for it, I'm now shafted out of this fight.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, NotVayHek said:

What toroids? I have a grand total of about four.

In mathematics, a toroid is a surface of revolution with a hole in the middle, like a doughnut, forming a solid body. The axis of revolution passes through the hole and so does not intersect the surface. 
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Questions:

Spoiler

1: Can we get confirmation that we can use Archguns beyond the Vallis/Plains/space? People are assuming it's Vallis-exclusive or usable anywhere; clarity required.
2: How do Archguns function on ground? I'm worried they won't do adequate damage by comparison to the rest of our arsenals.
3: Sentient Odachi/Nodachi + appropriate stance for it and Paracesis - will there be a Melee 2.5 or 2.75 to push what you've got working from Melee 3.0 in now?
4: Has there been any consideration to allowing Conclave stances to be used outside of Conclave, and for stances to be interchangable on some weapons - like we have with Dark Split-Sword?
5: Will we ever get Grineer/Infested/Tenno/Sentient/Prime K-drive parts? I'd like mine to match Umbra in more than just colouration.
6: Will we ever get Classic, Bursa, Ambulas, and Vallis Moa parts? While I like our own Moas being unique, I would like the option to run with Corpus 'traditional' models.
7: Since we have Moas, will we ever get Ospreys?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you're on PC you'll be expecting Fortuna Part II: The Profit Taker soon!

We are aiming to launch it next week - we'll keep you posted on that progress. Deploying before the holidays is always tricky, so thank you for your patience as we work toward this goal!

Now... say you wanted to prepare. Some tips for you:

A) HEISTS & TAKING DOWN THE PROFIT TAKER:
You must be Old Mate to participle in the Heist Bounties. So if you're not there yet - you've got a new goal for the weekend! Once you've gone through a full Heist - including the finale of taking down The Profit Taker Orb, you'll be able to freely access every stage of the Heist... this will make more sense once it's live :wink:.

B) VOX SOLARIS:
Stock up on Toroids - Little Duck's Vox Solaris Syndicate has 5 Ranks coming and will be home to Baruuk and his Components.

On the live version of Warframe, Vox Solaris has:

Neutral
Operative

The Update will include continued ranks of:

Agent -  (Baruuk's Blueprint)
Hand - (Baruuk's Components)
Instrument
Shadow

C) And everything else?!
We are already at 12 pages of Notes for Part II. We have new Conservation species, new Amps & Arcanes, new Lore Fragments for our Fortuna Vendors, new Mods, new Operator hair, new Cosmetics, and much much more!

See you soon, Tenno!

@[DE]Rebecca    Is it gonna be a huge download? I'm gonna be away for xmas... on data, this doesn't bode well. 😟

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Velocikitty said:

It's not even that bad, so you're shafting yourself from it, the game isn't. >"<

• Like 1

We are already at 12 pages of Notes for Part II. We have new Conservation species, new Amps & Arcanes, new Lore Fragments for our Fortuna Vendors, new Mods, new Operator hair, new Cosmetics, and much much more!

Any word on what will be backported to Cetus?

• Upvote 1

It's nice to sell [baruuke]. The drop probability of toroids must be increased first.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb God_is_a_Cat_Girl:

OOF. Getting the BP before the components feels so unproductive and such a tease. You could climb up while crafting the components and reach the next tier with the parts ready and waiting for the BP, instead that order will only delay the process even further.

Sometimes DE's design philosophy is not understandable at all.

Oof Needs rank 5 in Solaris United. Guess I won't be playing till the next update... When they have hopefully removed the standing cap.

23 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

Sometimes DE's design philosophy is not understandable at all.

It's perfectly understandable: It's a time wall to encourage buying him so they can make money from their free to play game. Seems okay to me.

Oh, great. We have to farm a bunch of toroids, which drop randomly, but the cancerous nullifying spam remains untouched. Seriously, DE. The old Nullifier is by far the worst unit in the entire game, and you extended its cancerous tendrils across all of Orb Valiis. To put it simple, remove all of that crap until you have an idea of what to do with them.

Oh joy.... best farm the toroids then... which is not exactly fun when some of them hardly drop and when they do drop they don't have any sort of consistent drop rate.  

More amps... wohoo, I suspect more forced operator usage incoming then.

Baruuk is basically behind a timewall (and grindwall considering how bad toroid drops are), no matter what MR we are it's basically a week before it can even be fully researched...trying to push players to buy it with plat, at least in my case, makes me even less likely to buy it with plat. 

If we're going to need to use our archwing guns, I sure hope they're going to get a buff as most of my normal weapons have higher damage output if you just compare stats...

• Upvote 2