Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Suggestions

(XBOX)WafflyLearner89

Death's Gate Part 1

Spoiler

While an interesting idea on paper, it becomes too risky to use at high level fights and feels out of place for Garuda. Gaining more damage when low on health feels more fitting for a berserker themed warframe like valkyr or other tank frames. Not to say the passive cannot work. Death's gate is a passive that requires a better understanding on using mods and strategizing to get the most out of. However, the passive is canceled out if grouped up with a support warframe which can cause conflict with the group. Similar to the problem limbo players had with other warframe player.

Death's Gate Part 2

Spoiler

Allowing players to use Garuda's Talons as a melee weapon was an excellent idea to allow the kit to use different ideas while still satisfying those who mainly wanted to use her claws. However, the talons currently feel rushed. While it's stats differ from other claw weapons, it reuses the same animation sets as the claw weapons and does not have an unique stance exclusive to her talons. while I could understand if these were some new claws that any frame could use, making a weapon exclusive to one warframe should mean that it has unique aspects, outside of stats, that separate it from the other claw weapons. Overall, concept was good on paper, but better execution of idea is needed.

Dread Mirror

Spoiler

While the ability itself is pretty good, it has some issues that require addressing. Personal annoyances for me is the animations for attacking the enemy. If an enemy that you target is close to you, it seems unnecessary to leap in the air and then lunge at the target. Would like it if there was a way to choose if you wanted to leap into the air to strike or if attack while on the ground (maybe she could bullet jump to the target?). Also, the fact that dread mirror does no damage outside the instant kill threshold mark feels clunky. If she does not kill them she should at least be able to deal some damage to them. Finally, there is the problem with her only protection being in the front. While it could make sense if she was designed to be long ranged and away from the fight, but the ability throws her into a group of enemies where, specifically in void levels, can instantly down her from the sides and behind. With the way her kit is designed, she needs some sort of damage reduction on the other sides to allow her to get out of trouble or survive in the horde for a few seconds. Other than that, ability is pretty good, but could use some refinement. 

Blood Altar

Spoiler

I really like this ability. It's animations are great and function is pretty well executed. My only changes would be to the heal radius range. It feels too restrictive kinda stops her flow. I could live with an increase to her healing radius in exchange for less healing if necessary. Other than that, it works really well.   

Bloodletting

Spoiler

The ability seems to have been designed specifically to work with the passive and, while it sounds like a good ability on paper, does not work on Garuda. Not only does it take too much health at a time, which means that mis-clicking that ability can put you in a sticky situation, it has more of a berserk theme that would probably be more fitting for valkyr or other tank frames that have a fail-safe already built in. However, if readjusted to not take so much health at a time, it could probably work as a good replacement for hunter's adrenaline.  

Seeking Talons

Spoiler

While this ability seemed underwhelming when i first saw it, I have come to appreciate how strong it can be and really like what Pablo did. Though the nerf to the max ranged seems unnecessary. 

My Suggestions for Improving Garuda

New Passive: Blood Maiden Part 1

Spoiler

Garuda takes damage from enemies (including status effects) and converts it into bonus damage and ability strength. Max bonus is 300%. Not affected by being healed.

I have a few options on how the passive would work: Option 1 would have Garuda needing to take a large amount of damage to rank up bonus damage and ability strength. Rank 1 would be 100%, rank 2 would be 200% and rank 3 would be 300%. Rank up would be permanent. This set up could make it that her passive makes her as strong as her enemies. On earth, her passive would be non existent but in the void levels her passive would rank up to max within a few seconds due to the large damage output.

Option 2 would have Garuda take damage that increases her bonus damage and strength at either a fast or slow rate but would decay overtime, forcing her to stay in the fight to keep her passive up. Not sure what the specific numbers would be, but would need to be enough that max bonus could be used for a bit outside of the fight, but not to the point where it can last for a minute without taking damage.

New Passive: Blood Maiden Part 2

Spoiler

Garuda's Talons now have a unique stance that is exclusive to her. Combos consist of attacks that compliment her physical form and elegant style while making good use of her talons.  Additionally, her animation set with her talons out is simply her lower body using her noble animation set and her upper body using the claw animation set. hopefully not too difficult to make as i have no idea if adjusting animation sets can cause a bunch of other problems in programming. (by the way, if you guys where to just do these things with the claws and that's it, I would be so happy) [DE]Steve and [DE]Pablo

Dread Mirror 2.0

Spoiler

If ability is used on ground, Garuda bullet jumps to target, staggering all enemies within an 8 meter radius while violently slashing the victim with her talons. She then gets dread mirror which provides damage reduction on both sides and behind Garuda. Damage reduction starts off low but maxes out at 95% damage reduction when new passive reaches 300%. Additionally, enemies that can be insta-killed using ability have a red arrow above their heads. Rest of ability works the same as before.

Blood Altar 2.0

Spoiler

In exchange for a larger healing radius (maybe 16 meters at least), healing is reduced but can be increased to a maximum of 50%-75% when new passive is at 300%.

Bloodletting 2.0

Spoiler

Takes 10% health for 5% energy. This would help keep up the new passive while not punishing players that accidentally hit the button.

Seeking Talons 2.0

Spoiler

Maximum Seeking Talons charge size reverted back to 120 degrees. Becomes stronger with passive.

Edited by (XB1)WafflyLearner89
Changed my mind on a few things.

They got rid of the original blender 4 due to everyone saying how it’s just a reskinned Danse Macabre. Also not every 4 needs to be this massive attack. Nidus’s 4 is just healing, extra damage, and faster stacks building, but it works with his kit making it a good ability.

Seeking Talons isn’t a nuke 4. It’s a powerful damage buff that is incredible useful when used right.

Her claws are not an exalted weapon. Their just mid tier melee weapons attached to a Warframe. Giving it its unique stuff just makes Garuda OP as she would has 4 abilities plus a passive exalted.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

On 2018-12-14 at 5:48 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They got rid of the original blender 4 due to everyone saying how it’s just a reskinned Danse Macabre. Also not every 4 needs to be this massive attack. Nidus’s 4 is just healing, extra damage, and faster stacks building, but it works with his kit making it a good ability.

Seeking Talons isn’t a nuke 4. It’s a powerful damage buff that is incredible useful when used right.

Her claws are not an exalted weapon. Their just mid tier melee weapons attached to a Warframe. Giving it its unique stuff just makes Garuda OP as she would has 4 abilities plus a passive exalted.

You have a good point regarding her 4. I am still pretty new as I just started back in April. Just changed a few things involving the 3 and 4 ability. However I must disagree with you on her talons. I am not asking for her to be invulnerable or create projectiles like valkyr or Excalibur while using her talons. I just want her to have a stance that will allow her to perform combos that fit her looks. Also, all the claw stances we currently have are pretty bad other than malicious raptor (which does not match her style at all). The closest stance that fits her is vermilion storm and that stance does not look good if done while moving. Finally, she looks a little silly with the claw animation stance.

But you were definitely right about seeking talons   

Edited by (XB1)WafflyLearner89