Radar Enhancements Not Omni

X-DK

I think the mods that enhance (item and enemy) radars don't affect Z-axis(vertical).

In other words, not omnidirectional.

For example, a horizontally 150m distant container (or enemy) would be detected, but a vertically 50m distant one would not.

Edited by HodanK
example

21 minutes ago, HodanK said:

I think the mods that enhance (item and enemy) radars don't affect Z-axis(vertical).

You think correct. And it was like this all the time I played (so 3+ years).

But most of the time this doesn't matter because you have small/low ceiling rooms

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

14 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

But most of the time this doesn't matter because you have small/low ceiling rooms

I find some complex tilesets like Orokin, Infested, Kuva Fortress, and Grineer Sealab inconvenient

Can you imagine how confusing it would be if it was omnidirectional? Even if it with an arrow pointing up or down.

You could be standing in a room seeing a bunch of boxes below you, desperately looking for a secret room or something to take you to them, when in actuality it's down 2 elevators and a staircase.

On 2018-12-16 at 12:10 AM, DeMonkey said:

Can you imagine how confusing it would be if it was omnidirectional? Even if it with an arrow pointing up or down.

You could be standing in a room seeing a bunch of boxes below you, desperately looking for a secret room or something to take you to them, when in actuality it's down 2 elevators and a staircase.

As WF is a 3D game, the radar and its enhancement should be 3D, and that will be a handicap for some people like you, while I don't care about it.

32 minutes ago, HodanK said:

and that will be a handicap for some people like you

As a point of fact, I don't use radar enhancements, ergo this change wouldn't be a handicap for me at all.

I'm just saying that the result will likely be additional clutter instead of anything beneficial. Never fear though, the loot spawns that are vertically far away enough to not show up are pretty sparse. You'll learn where they are eventually, which may of course be a handicap for some people like you, but I don't really care about it.

Edited by DeMonkey

DeMonkey has summed this up quite nicely.

DE has purposefully chosen to make the area of scanners as a short cylinder instead of a sphere because they don't want to clutter up the minimap and make it near unreadable.  And that is the direction that they have gone with every time its been brought up.

This isn't a bug, this is a purposeful feature to keep your minimap cleaner and be less confusing.

Edited by Tsukinoki