Why with Garuda's passive?

DelusionalDunmer

Why does Garuda's passive make her stronger the lower her health is when she is basically made to have max health at all times? Even when you use the ability that takes away 50% of her health it can be healed back with her blood altar. All of her abilities have so much synergy with each other... and then there is just her passive.

14 minutes ago, nrobnogarD said:

made to have max health at all times?

You missunderstood her abilities. It is not meant. Blood Altar is used to heal her so she can use the health again to get energy.

More energy --> more ability casts --> more damage. You also don't mod Vitality, that's wasted. You use QT to use her Energypool as extended health and have 200% dmg almost all the time

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1 hour ago, nrobnogarD said:

Even when you use the ability that takes away 50% of her health it can be healed back with her blood altar. All of her abilities have so much synergy with each other... and then there is just her passive.

^^. This is the same thing i thought about her. Her abilities work well each other (spawn a shield, lower health for energy, heal, lower health, affect enemies with her Seeking Talons, and then KO with her blood orb) but her Passive dosen’t make sense. It could be good but the way it’s designed isn’t because there’s different ways to lose it (Trinity and Oberon are two of the examples) and there’s no decay mechanic for her Damage Buff so it’s easier to forget about it. A good example of a good Passives is Harrow’s, Nidus, and Saryn’s. Those work well with their abilities and Saryn’s Passive works well with her Weapon’s Elemental and Physical damage. Harrow’s passive work well with his 1 and he uses the built up Shields to increase the time of his lifesteal buff. 

Nidus lose 15 Mutation Stacks but he gains all of those back with his 1, and 4 so it synergizes well while Saryn’s passive helps all of her abilities (Molt can proc Toxin when destroyed). Garuda’s passive isn’t as well designed until it’s main issue is fixed.

Edited by GPrime96

Would be nice if the more damage Garuda takes in the higher her armor stat becomes, or she receives damage reduction up to a certain cap when her health decreases (up to 2 health for max DR or armor gain).

More damage on health loss is kind of underwhelming when you don’t need more than 200% Power Strength to make her kit exceptionally useful.

Garuda's passive is calculated independent of other damage buffs and multipliers which makes it VERY strong. One of the best passives in game really. Banshee has a 12x Sonar? Well it's 24x for Garuda. Rhino has that 200% Roar? 400% for Garuda and that one happens to double dip Bleeds so 800% Bleed damage.

Whether or not she was made to play the way she does I can't say but she plays best at 2HP. Everything else is a means to gain energy.

BTW her Shield doesn't block Napalm shots or Ignis. C'mon DE, we've been through this already with both Frost and Volt.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

BTW her Shield doesn't block Napalm shots or Ignis.

I’ve seen this happen when i tested her Mirror in the Simulacrum. It also don’t block Hyeeka Master’s fire grenades and i remember that issue being a thing with Revenant and his Mesmer Skin but instead of getting one shot like the pre - hotfix Meser Skin, she would take a lot of damage (unless it’s a Kuva Hyeeka Master. That’s when she can die in one hit). 

8 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

I’ve seen this happen when i tested her Mirror in the Simulacrum. It also don’t block Hyeeka Master’s fire grenades and i remember that issue being a thing with Revenant and his Mesmer Skin but instead of getting one shot like the pre - hotfix Meser Skin, she would take a lot of damage (unless it’s a Kuva Hyeeka Master. That’s when she can die in one hit). 

Yea, it's not exactly a fault of the Shielding but this has been a thing with multiple shielding frames in the past. Frost still has this problem.

I think it's the result of Napalm / Firebomb / Tar Mutalist being ground based AoE and not point of Impact AoE. That is their radial damage travels along the surface they struck rather than propagating from the impact itself. It's hard to know for sure but there's some similarities with the enemy abilities. Volt's Electric Shield is one that's 100% protection so I know they can make it work correctly. In case of Garuda's mirror one could argue it doesn't protect from ground impacts but direct hits also pass right through it.