Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recruiting chat is inefficient, confusing, and daunting. Why not make a user-friendly system?

Shanhardeen

Here's what I had in mind:

Recruiting chat could change to be like your clan screen. Anyone can make a recruitment posting (IE: [Axi B2 Relic] Radshare) which is then posted for ~10 minutes on the board. Anyone can open the recruiting window and see the postings. They could then simply click the "join squad" button next to each posting which puts them into the squad. Once the squad is full (4/4) then the posting is taken down automatically. 

Not only would this be much less confusing, but it would make recruitment missions searchable (IE: search for 4x3 Tridalon hunt squads), and would be much cleaner than a rapidly scrolling chat room.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shanhardeen
Spelling fix

10 minutes ago, Shanhardeen said:

Recruiting chat could change to be like your clan screen. Anyone can make a recruitment posting (IE: [Axi B2 Relic] Radshare) which is then posted for ~10 minutes on the board. Anyone can open the recruiting window and see the postings. They could then simply click the "join squad" button next to each posting which puts them into the squad. Once the squad is full (4/4) then the posting is taken down automatically. 

Not only would this be much less confusing, but it would make recruitment missions searchable (IE: search for 4x3 Tridalon hunt squads), and would be much cleaner than a rapidly scrolling chat room.

Thoughts?

Not such an bad idea .. I like it so far

2 hours ago, Shanhardeen said:

Thoughts?

A solid idea.  Smooth out the process and also helps remove the mess of chat.   Hoping to either catch someone's recruit post or in turn hoping that others see yours.    This way players could just scroll through a list and choose.   Would still need a way to verify requirements, ie having the proper relic etc.

Not a bad idea, but I see a problem with people trying to join random squads.

For example, you need people for a relic run and someone joins who doesn’t have the relic trying to leech off you. You’d have to migrate the host to get rid of them and then reform the group and make a new message hoping that doesn’t happen again. They’d need to add some kind of filter system for specific frames, relics, keys, and so on that wouldn’t allow people to join if they didn’t have the necessary stuff in their inventory or gear and lock them into using it when they join  

That’s the only problem I see though. Nice idea. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)SouthSideSwanga said:

Not a bad idea, but I see a problem with people trying to join random squads.

For example, you need people for a relic run and someone joins who doesn’t have the relic trying to leech off you. You’d have to migrate the host to get rid of them and then reform the group and make a new message hoping that doesn’t happen again. They’d need to add some kind of filter system for specific frames, relics, keys, and so on that wouldn’t allow people to join if they didn’t have the necessary stuff in their inventory or gear and lock them into using it when they join  

That’s the only problem I see though. Nice idea. 

This happens anyway with the normal recruiting channel though lol.  At least you’d form a group faster 

Edited by (PS4)M1ST3R_NUTS

19 hours ago, Shanhardeen said:

Why not have a dedicated looking for group feature? 

- post a mission you want to do and go do other stuff

- get a list of missions others want to do or that are open 

- join game from that list, or get notified when someone wants to do your mission

- ???

- profit!

Recruiter chat is just a poor replacement for a proper LFG feature.