Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

request for aument of time on fortuna cycles.

(XBOX)Serpi Prime

il y a 18 minutes, DeMonkey a dit :

Could you provide some more reasoning as to why?

Saying they're too short is subjective, what negative impact does that actually have?

Fishing mostly I suppose.
I think you barely have time for 2 full baits and a little bit more before the cycle switches back to "No fish spawn here".
And with the whole Fish spawn RNG it's not always a good cycle.

And it's not a big change like Day/night on PoE too, it's practically unnoticeable, the only way I can identify it is when the cheap fish starts spawning in my face again.

I found it annoying while fishing for krillers for my Kitgun as well, nothing I could do about it though.
I just left, played on my phone for a bit with my map open and then came back.

But yeah, the cycles are pretty confusing in that regard.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

I think at least the Warm cycle ain't fully two fishingbaits long 😛

Would not mind another minute added to that, but it doesn't bother me super much.

I'd like to see an indication of time when in caves, though. Tough to know if it's only a min left til next temperature or if it's worth throwing in another bait and dye, if not running out which takes time and the probability of being seen by corpus. Yes, I'm lazy.

9 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Fishing mostly I suppose.
I think you barely have time for 2 full baits and a little bit more before the cycle switches back to "No fish spawn here".

I've honestly never used a bait.

I dunno, I personally prefer the shorter duration. No matter what time you enter Vallis you can be fishing the fish you want within 18 minutes, unlike in PoE where you might have to wait 50.

Il y a 8 heures, DeMonkey a dit :

I've honestly never used a bait.

I dunno, I personally prefer the shorter duration. No matter what time you enter Vallis you can be fishing the fish you want within 18 minutes, unlike in PoE where you might have to wait 50.

That's a fair argument, but from my personal experience with PoE people would just have a much more rewarding cycle and they'd feel less obnoxious.

You could start at practically any moment in the night and still get a great haul, bonus point if it was raining. 30-80 fish was pretty common for casual fishing and if people did get bored of fishing they would still have some time left in the night to go from one location to another doing whatever they wanted because there was an apparent warning.

Valis doesn't really have that freedom, it's 2 baits worth of time, which is barely like... 5-10 fish depending on your RNG.
it's all within the span of one location, if you want to change fishing location you'll lose almost an entire cycle worth of time depending on your mobility loadout.
So to get the best out of it you practically have to sit still beside the water with your map open for the next 2-5 minutes doing nothing just so you can start using baits as early as possible.
It's as annoying as it can get.

Add to that the fact that there's barely any changes in the visual to tell you whether it's cold or warm weather, it just makes it more easy to waste your resource on baits by accidentally using them 10 seconds before a cycle change.
Opening my map every 5 capture is easy to do, but it's also a massive pain when in comparison I could spend what felt like an eternity fishing in PoE and I would still have time.

The Vallis cycles just feel clunky and shallow as compared to PoE, there's actually only one fish that is affected by cold weather if I remember properly, so I'm actually here wondering why are there cycles anyway?
We're for sure not using those for Eidolon style battles with the orbs, animals don't seem affected by it, we don't get particuliar loot increase from it like Cetus Wisp...
Standing-wise, it's much more rewarding to capture animals instead as those go around 1k-2k a piece without any waste of resource or time-gate.
So why are fish, the literal only thing that players like to do over long period of time, affected by such a clunky mechanic?
It's beyond me and it makes me not want to fish.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX