General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Host migration leads to failed mission in Free Roam

ThePharros

I was in Free Roam Orb Vallis mining ores for a good 20 min with a res booster on and just lost all of that progress because the other guy in the squad decided to leave, resulting in a host migration which resulted in a mission failed, meaning those last 20 painstaking minutes were for nothing. I can't stand mining as is and now I just lost all motivation to bother catching up to that progress all thanks to this bug

The problem with host migration in 3 or 4 player squads is, clients trying to connect to new host, fails, then get kicked out of mission, losing rewards. Host might "Leave Squad", abort mission, or just lose internet connection. This can happen when you or the new host have strict NAT type, poor connection, or the new host crashes trying to host migrate.

Kick out of mission does not happen in 2 player squads. There are no clients left to connect to new host. Any loss of connection in 2 player squad will split the sessions and both will stay in mission.

Kick out of mission does not happen if a client used "Leave Squad", as other clients stay connected to old host.

New content might come with a small risk of game crashing at anytime, sometimes in a middle of host migration, which can lose all rewards.

8 hours ago, sam686 said:

Kick out of mission does not happen in 2 player squads. There are no clients left to connect to new host. Any loss of connection in 2 player squad will split the sessions and both will stay in mission.

Kick out of mission does not happen if a client used "Leave Squad", as other clients stay connected to old host.

Are you sure about that? because this happened in a squad where it was just me and the other player.

3 hours ago, ThePharros said:

Are you sure about that? because this happened in a squad where it was just me and the other player.

As long as you do not see connection to host have been lost, then it might be a different bug.

Host migration death. This is bad If already have 4 death before, as this bug might cause 5 deaths, no more lives, and fail the mission.

Hosting player have 5 deaths may cause loss of rewards.