Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leorion

Please improve the Toroid farm

Hello, 

My feedback revolves around the Toroid resources and I thought it was pressing to post this now after the recent Fortuna 2 announcement and how Baruuk will be locked behind Vox Solaris standing.

Let me start by saying that The Quills farm was initially one of the most annoying and tedious in the game. As a newer player, you weren't able to kill Eidolons without a suitable amp you can guild until you've gone 3 ranks or so in with them, forcing players to go do Eidolon runs with Mote Amp's. It was annoying, tedious and just not fun. After you've reached Rank 3 the problem solves itself as you usually were able to get the Sentient Cores to level up but...

I am really saddened to see this mechanic stuck here again in Fortuna. The Toroids are a much worse resource in my opinion. Their drop rates are incredibly low and you're practically forced into a 4-man squad to get them properly. I ran a farming mission for 30 minutes with a friend where the enemy level reached level 40/50 and I just couldn't even live for more than 10 seconds and yet I only got 2 Toroids?? At the very least, when it came to Cetus Whisps and even Sentient Cores you can go out and farm them solo, netting about 2-4 per run flying around Cetus. Even going through all the caves in Fortuna (which are larger, much more vast) I'd be lucky if I came out with 1!

I believe the Toroids might drop more often with the boss fights but for the first 3 ranks... Please make Toroid farming better! Increase the drop chances or even the cave farming so it's an actual alternative. 

Thank you for reading! :) 

This is about what we've got to go on now. Hope for the best, I guess! Current toroid farming always felt like it was just going to be a placeholder for the real source of the orb fights, similar to how vomitlyst cores were sort of an alternative to actually killing Terry with a mote amp.

We'll have to see how unapproachable orbs actually are to start; it doesn't SEEM like we'll need to grind out amps from scratch again or anything for it that would require having ranks to be good at getting ranks, but... it's a mystery.

Well i stocked up enough toroids to potentially jump two ranks if my math isn't off. And i probably will stock up more in these few days. 

If anything i think the current toroid farms aren't the intended ones, more lile a goodwill gesture to allow us to prep before the update drops. 

30 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

This is about what we've got to go on now. Hope for the best, I guess! Current toroid farming always felt like it was just going to be a placeholder for the real source of the orb fights, similar to how vomitlyst cores were sort of an alternative to actually killing Terry with a mote amp.

We'll have to see how unapproachable orbs actually are to start; it doesn't SEEM like we'll need to grind out amps from scratch again or anything for it that would require having ranks to be good at getting ranks, but... it's a mystery.

:whew: pfff am i glad to see this information .. well hope on the best this farming procces takes way to long atm we could use some new solution to this

Thanks alloty

3 hours ago, Leorion said:

I ran a farming mission for 30 minutes with a friend where the enemy level reached level 40/50 and I just couldn't even live for more than 10 seconds

Can you tell us/me your loadout and build please?
The issue has to be here. I reach Lv100+ in about 20 minutes and can stay as long as I want without dying once

https://ibb.co/4RRT5fj
https://ibb.co/CwtGp4C
https://ibb.co/YjvfC9D
https://ibb.co/xGJYNpD

Nekros, Hydro, Smeeta

Temple of Profit seemed to have the worst drop rate in my opinion, ramped up the fastest enemy level wise.  I get these without even trying though sometimes.

They random drop off ANY enemy in the speciic area's.  You dont HAVE to keep it at max alert to farm toroid.  Thats done for speed of spawn rate I get it but sacrifice a little time to make it alot easier to handle and you may see some good results.  Let the alert escalate,  you can even let it sit there for a few beats,  then just kill the banner and let the alert die.  You will have to find another enemy to start the process over again but atleast your not dieing. 

(I need to hang around spaceport damn it!! Bounties never take me over there and I wanna work on my vox standing.)

After getting online and figuring out where the hell toroids even came from though I got a random group together and I was just going to go after 1 kind,  but it was so damn easy we just did all 3 and got alot!! So im all set for garuda.   Now just need more for Vox.

3 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Woah! Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that since I don't have a Twitter. Still, though, killing Vomvalysts to get a higher rank to guild the Mote Amp was incredibly tedious and unfun. I'd hate to see that again in Fortuna.

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Can you tell us/me your loadout and build please?
The issue has to be here. I reach Lv100+ in about 20 minutes and can stay as long as I want without dying once

I was the Nekros for the group, but honestly I'm not that min-max enough to withstand that much levels. I understand there are methods to do that, but I'm talking of a casual normal approach to farming these like doing a casual Terry run rather than trying to withstand level 100 corpus.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Nekros, Hydro, Smeeta

Temple of Profit seemed to have the worst drop rate in my opinion, ramped up the fastest enemy level wise.  I get these without even trying though sometimes.

They random drop off ANY enemy in the speciic area's.  You dont HAVE to keep it at max alert to farm toroid.  Thats done for speed of spawn rate I get it but sacrifice a little time to make it alot easier to handle and you may see some good results.  Let the alert escalate,  you can even let it sit there for a few beats,  then just kill the banner and let the alert die.  You will have to find another enemy to start the process over again but atleast your not dieing. 

(I need to hang around spaceport damn it!! Bounties never take me over there and I wanna work on my vox standing.)

After getting online and figuring out where the hell toroids even came from though I got a random group together and I was just going to go after 1 kind,  but it was so damn easy we just did all 3 and got alot!! So im all set for garuda.   Now just need more for Vox.

Thanks for the advice. I was trying those but at a certain point, past level 50 or so, Hydroid, Nekros and the cats especially have an incredibly hard time staying alive. 

[Pack Leader] keeps your cat alive and [Hunter's Recovery] will help you cat keep you alive.

Nekros has his 4th get shut off frequently if you run around in high alert,  Have to really keep an eye on that.  

i think this item will guaruntee drop in orb fight in future. enemy and cave just extra farm by RNG or just let you can have garuda faster. before orb fight ready

If you go to buildings that drop them, preferably with an open space, bring a group from like recruitment or something. Then let the mobs place their alarm staffs and leave those up, it's fairly easy to get what you need, especially with both resource boosters.

You want to get up to all 4 alarm states so the enemies are coming in.

We bring a nekros but hydroid is so squishy I bring Inaros. I can't put my damn armor up because it doesn't last through archwing and the nullifiers take it away from me. >.<

But like, if you only go 30 mins, so what, if you got toroids while you were there, it's a net gain. Though admittedly not a great one.

Toroids are not currently like getting sentient cores because they drop from regular mobs in certain areas, there is no time limit like waiting until night currently on when they do drop. And this... is challenging. I mean, for some groups. A good, solid group will rip through the enemies.

Either way, my advice is just to go on recruiting, look for a nekros and trinity if you want "cheat" mode, and bounce from building to building to get the toroids you need.