Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Pause capture target bleedout during capture animation

Ahkaskar

I was doing a capture mission and the target got stuck on a ledge, causing them to be hovering over a pit when I downed them. It took me a little bit to figure out how to be standing on the ledge so that I could reach them without falling in myself, and in the middle of the capturing animation, the lotus informed me that the target died. Personally, considering I did everything right and I had them in my hand (almost literally) I feel like this is a ridiculous point to be penalized at.

So, simple request--if I'm in the middle of the capturing animation and the target's pixels are being sucked up, pause their bleedout timer.

Edit: This was a SOLO capture and a void fissure on Venus, Venera.

Edited by Ahkaskar

1 hour ago, Fishyflakes said:

I did a solo capture mission earlier and I am pretty sure this is already a thing...

Okay, so I was doing a solo capture and seeing as the target died mid capture it is clearly not a thing? If it's supposed to apparently there is an edge case where it doesn't that should be fixed.

Edited by Ahkaskar

42 minutes ago, Ahkaskar said:

Okay, so I was doing a solo capture and seeing as the target died mid capture it is clearly not a thing? If it's supposed to apparently there is an edge case where it doesn't that should be fixed.

All I can say was I was whacking him for the Riven challenge and the timer went Gray and stopped ticking for the duration of the animation.

Funnily enough, when the timer STARTED, the transmission said "the target has died mission faiiilled" haha