The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constituting Knockdown

brenden208

At the moment it seems the mod Constitution, does absolutely nothing to your knockdown recovery, leaving it to be a useless mod. Someone was able to figure out that handspring does +20% knockdown recovery at max, and with constitution saying it gives +40% it is easily noticed that it does nothing, or is listing a recovery boost exponentially better than what it really gives. Constitution has good potential, to see it glitched is sad.

Edited by brenden208

Constitution is NOT a useless mod.

It adds power duration. I've personally not used it for the recovery factor.

Since you're just interested in the knockdown recovery... are you sure?

I don't use recovery, but I assume it's mean to improve the speed at which your rebound animation works from knockdowns?

I'm asking because there was a lot of controversy about it(actually about handspring) adding a unique animation to it, rather than improving the rate at which you recover using the same animation.

(it turned out, apparently, to just increase the speed of your flip?)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

I use constitution for the power duration as well.  I can't say that I've noticed any difference in knockdown recovery.  It may be bugged.  For a long while, fortitude only gave a shield recharge buff.  The % chance to resist did nothing.  Then a couple of updates ago, they finally fixed it, and now my frames will do the blocking animation and stop the knockdown 1 out of 5 times.  It may be the same with constitution.  They may fix it at some point.

I use constitution for the power duration as well.  I can't say that I've noticed any difference in knockdown recovery.  It may be bugged.  For a long while, fortitude only gave a shield recharge buff.  The % chance to resist did nothing.  Then a couple of updates ago, they finally fixed it, and now my frames will do the blocking animation and stop the knockdown 1 out of 5 times.  It may be the same with constitution.  They may fix it at some point.

Indeed. That was the same update that should have fixed Constitution:

• Fixes for Constitution mod and Fortitude mod not working as intended.

Knockdown recovery was the only thing bugged at that point, other than the problem with Miasma but it didn't fix that.

Edited by CitizenV

Here are my results from a quick test (2 knockdowns per mod). This is timed from the moment I hit the floor, to when I got back on my feet (*see below for comment about this):

Base knockdown: ~2.3 seconds

Constitution: ~1.9 seconds

Handspring: ~1.5 seconds

Both: ~1.5 seconds

*Ok, first I wanted to note that the way I timed it may not have been the best way. It does show that Constitution works, but it doesn't confirm if it's 40% knockdown recovery. I believe ideally you would want to time it from when you start getting up to when you are back on your feet, since I believe that's the actual recovery time. That's something I'll look into later when I have more time or for someone else if they really want to.

Conclusions from this quick test:

Constitution does decrease knockdown recovery time. I believe the problem lies in the percents listed on the wiki for Handspring; it may not be 20% at max. I looked up the contributor who added them and the only other contributions he made were adding an Orokin Void video so it makes me question those percents. He made no mention of how he tested them or if they were datamined.

Something else that's interesting is that Constitution and Handspring do not appear to stack. This is probably because Handspring changes the knockdown animation completely, and Constitution just decreases the recovery of the normal animation (?).

Edited by CitizenV

uh ok, last night, my friend had constitution on and maxed.

we run around the corner, both get knocked down by heavy gunner..(oh Hai!)

and.... both got up at exactly the same time.

It did nothing for knockdown recovery

Hm strange. My test results definitely disagree with that, but it was in Solo mode. Some things can behave differently in Online modes, so it's worth testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Constitution is NOT a useless mod.

It adds power duration. I've personally not used it for the recovery factor.

Since you're just interested in the knockdown recovery... are you sure?

Its not that I am just interested in knockdown recovery, but it takes a a slot I used to put continuity in (gives 2% more duration).

4vveG.png

So if the knockdown recovery does not apply much, if any effect, I might as well just put continuity back.

There was a hotfix that was supposed to have fixed this. Have you actually timed it, or just going on how fast you 'feel' it is with and without it?

At the time I put continuity on here I was farming Phorid, he and the ancients around him have a habit to knock you down, so I formaed my ash again to be able to fit this mod in my loadout, and went back to Phorid, which brings us to the below statement...

Base knockdown: ~2.3 seconds

Constitution: ~1.9 seconds

When I tested the mod (I have been ever since I equipped it) I noticed no visible difference, and if your test results are correct, then it is working, but it may not be worth being in my loadout.

Did you time it though? .4 seconds can be hard to notice.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in your loadout. Mine was similar.

I did not time it, and it may very well be working, but it is certainly not subtracting 40% from your recovery speed.

Edited by brenden208

I did not time it, and it may very well be working, but it is certainly not subtracting 40% from your recovery speed.

It could very well be, depending on what their definition of recovery time is. If the recovery time is only the time it takes you to actually stand back up, then it is probably actually 40%. If recovery time includes the entire time you spend on the floor, then it's not.