Jump to content
  • 0

Am I bad with this game? What am I doing wrong?


AzureScion
 Share

Question

The title might sound like I want to be self-pitied but I'm genuinely curious of what my mistakes are.

 

So yeah let me explain.
I feel like I'm doing very poorly in this game. Every single time I do survival/defense missions I seem to be the one doing the least damage and taking the most damage out of the entire squad no matter what frame I use. I prefer aggressive playstyle. I move around the map run and gunning the enemies and throwing skills at them (survival farming is an exception). But it seems like no matter how aggressive and no matter how much enemies I kill I'm ALWAYS at the bottom of the damage % stats compared to people standing around the objective standing still, seemingly doing nothing but snipe enemies from distance. Doesn't matter how elusive I play, I also always take the most damage, even when I thought I did a good job evading the enemies. I still take like 60-70% of the damage compared to people taking full force of the enemy fire sitting near the objective.

 

What am I doing wrong? Are my weapons, frames, and mods not good enough? Is there a secret for me to take the least damage and deal the highest damage? I've been outdamaged using Mesa spamming peacekeeper by an Excalibur with a freaking Boltor. I took more damage as a Mirage moving around aggressively than a Rhino taking bullets straight to his face.

 

I really need some advice. I know stats don't really matter in a team coop game but I don't feel satisfied this way and I know that people secretly judge my poor performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
5 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

What am I doing wrong?

Can't say for sure because I don't know how you play. I'd assume it's your build/loadout

5 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Are my weapons, frames, and mods not good enough?

For that we have to know what you are using and what mods are equipped.

7 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

I took more damage as a Mirage moving around aggressively than a Rhino taking bullets straight to his face.

That one is easy. Rhino has Iron Skin which lets him reveice 0 Damage.

8 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

I've been outdamaged using Mesa spamming peacekeeper by an Excalibur with a freaking Boltor.

Again, depends on playstyle and mods.

Maybe your build isn't good and the Excal was using his EB, than the Boltor doesn't matter

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

'Damage done' is an information you should take with a grain of salt. Overkill damage is also factored into this, which let's especially people with sniperrifles mess with the numbers.

And if you run around you are bound to take more damage than others since enemies will shoot the target next to them. If youz run towards them, then that's you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You're not doing anything wrong. You probably just don't have a solid build yet. besides, each frame is geared toward different things. of course mesa is gonna clear rooms in seconds, because that's just what she does. Rhino takes bullets to the face because he can be invincible. Don't judge yourself by the stats you get at the end of the match. they don't impact peerformance.

Instead, think of it like this: Am i shoooting things? are they dying?
If the answer to both questions is yes, then you're fine.

If the answer to the first one is yes, but the second is no, then focus on gathering and upgrading mods to improve your damage output. Warframe is about damage numbers, so the bigger the better. Hope this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Honestly we cant really tell you much untill we get some proper information . like :

 - what frames and weapons you are using ?

 - do you potatoe and forma your gear ?

 - do you use the necessary mods on your weapons ?

 - do you have a feel of your warframe and mod based on its performance ?

 - do you use other miner things like focus , arcanes and companions ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Builds matter more than anything else if you're wanting straight damage. The frame can make a massive difference, but so can the weapon.

I've done 90% damage with a loki and a good melee weapon just because you don't get targeted while invisible, and the rest of my group were using mk-1 gear. But that is never going to win against a well built Saryn in ESO, lol. In low level content up to around 30, an equinox can kill entire maps without moving.

The game type, map type, the map's physical setup (walls vs open area makes a massive difference for a mesa), and the enemy type all are important to what you're trying to do. Look into damage 2.0 on the warframe wiki, as well. If you're trying to use cold damage against heavy armor you'll lose to the one using corrosive.

Edited by ssj782
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The real questin you have to ask yourself why does it matter.

Warframe is a casual, solo friendly pve game. Your damage dealt, taken or any other stat in the entire game doesnt matter. Stats are completely pointless. You're not macthed with others based on "skill" because it's not pvp game, you're not penalized in any way, you still complete missions with no drawbacks whatsoever.

The ONLY stat that anyone can take seriously is number of special activities like raids done - and even THEN it's never guaranteed that those numbers reflect your experience, proficiency and stuff.

??????

 I know stats don't really matter in a team coop game but I don't feel satisfied this way and I know that people secretly judge my poor performance.

I'll tell you a secret.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy7K8WLftzNQ5t-VkJI6w

Just like you most are only concerned about their own, if concerned at all. 

Edited by -Temp0-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

in case you haven't realise pay attention to what you wrote..

26 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

I move around the map run and gunning the enemies and throwing skills at them (survival farming is an exception?).

if a player is the rabbit ( every team has one) then you wont see that much enemies unless you are the rabbit or sticking near them. you are basically limiting yourself running around the map resetting spawn location for the enemies.

29 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

But it seems like no matter how aggressive and no matter how much enemies I kill I'm ALWAYS at the bottom of the damage % stats compared to people standing around the objective standing still

proves what I just pointed out.

 

31 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

I also always take the most damage

use the environment as your armor. don't stand below or in the middle of a room where you become a cushion for bullets giving the enemies clear and easy shots from all angles. << define an area of denial so the enemies can come at you from in front of you and have to shoot above or around objects.

 

36 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Are my weapons, frames, and mods not good enough?

knowing your enemies weaknesses is more important or just as, knowing yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Learn to know you enemys before you enter the room full with them

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage <official website> More secure

http://warframe-builder.com/ <not secure site>

Those that outstanded you ..did have spended allot of time and adjustments over time .. to become an powerfull tenno

you too can be an powerfull one ..

 

You can ignore the warnings but iam added it to be transparant before you click on links

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
38 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

The title might sound like I want to be self-pitied but I'm genuinely curious of what my mistakes are.

 

So yeah let me explain.
I feel like I'm doing very poorly in this game. Every single time I do survival/defense missions I seem to be the one doing the least damage and taking the most damage out of the entire squad no matter what frame I use. I prefer aggressive playstyle. I move around the map run and gunning the enemies and throwing skills at them (survival farming is an exception). But it seems like no matter how aggressive and no matter how much enemies I kill I'm ALWAYS at the bottom of the damage % stats compared to people standing around the objective standing still, seemingly doing nothing but snipe enemies from distance. Doesn't matter how elusive I play, I also always take the most damage, even when I thought I did a good job evading the enemies. I still take like 60-70% of the damage compared to people taking full force of the enemy fire sitting near the objective.

 

What am I doing wrong? Are my weapons, frames, and mods not good enough? Is there a secret for me to take the least damage and deal the highest damage? I've been outdamaged using Mesa spamming peacekeeper by an Excalibur with a freaking Boltor. I took more damage as a Mirage moving around aggressively than a Rhino taking bullets straight to his face.

 

I really need some advice. I know stats don't really matter in a team coop game but I don't feel satisfied this way and I know that people secretly judge my poor performance.

dont say that bruh, this isnt a competitive game, is trying to get fun, if u wanna be better,  there are so many guides in YT and this great forum, but  dont feel bad for not doing or take the amount of damage that othe players, this game is not only damage... ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The only thing you are doing wrong is caring about the end game stats, where you can utterly stupid numbers like 277% accuracy.

For starters, if you care so much, only look at the total kills stat. Most of the numbers can be massively inflated if you know how. But I would encourage you to ignore that.

After all, the only thing that matters is mission completion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
43 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

What am I doing wrong?

You're trying too hard to best the game. Just be good and satisfied with what you're doing.

Also, dealing most and receiving least damage isn't always the best objective.
As Limbo, i rush some missions while staying in the Rift. I don't try to shoot enemies, i don't need to. I use a Sancti Tigris though.
As Valkyr or Inaros, i stack up energy through Rage, so i need to take damage. I have means to heal myself though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Every frame , weapon, and abilities differ from each other. There’s Saryn who can damage everything on the map while Rhino only buff his allies and protect himself. In a team always focus on helping you teammates as if they get the most kills with Mesa you could blind them with Excalibur and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...