Only max level frame and weapons in 'high level' content

(PSN)BabylonCandleUK

Wondering how the community would feel about this?

It would be for all content released for high level. This would include ESO, Arbitrations, Sorties, Eidolons, Orb heists and anything new that has over level 50 enemies at the start. 

All frames and weapons would have to be max rank, so that these wouldn't be used to level gear. 

Warframes already need to be max level.

If people want to leech, they will leech.

Leave the group if you don't want to carry them.

Warframe is to complex to simply consider a simple solution is this to stop people from playing content they are not yet supposed to play.

In the end, it comes down to personal responsebility.

If there is a restriction like this, it should be for public only, I don't see why we should be restricted to lvl 30 gear when we know our just forma-ed Warframe + lvl 0 weapons are enough for it. And even there, they will always be people who afk just to get the mission reward and if they know they won't get XP anyways, they won't try to survive to get XP, so they will afk even more.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BabylonCandleUK said:

Eidolons

At one point, DE raised the Affinity gained from killing Vomvalysts to allow players to level their Amps more efficiently during the fight. Not as effective as other popular Affinity farms (ESO, Hydron, etc.) but by doing that, DE would definitely not implement multiple locks on these "high level" content.

Better yet, there are some locks other than max level frames on these modes:

• Arbitrations: Requires every part of the Star Chart explored.
  • Orb Heist: Reb mentioned that you need to be at max rank with Solaris United (Old Mate).

Players can do what they can and want in these missions; the nature of Public matches. Don't force them to adhere to these conditions, they've already done enough to get to that point.

High MRs with multiple formas in their weapons don't really need a max ranked gun to out DPS others. I mean MR 26 is the current limit and gives a capacity of 26 on a gun without a catalyst (52 with). That's just missing 8 capacity.

I am an MR 25 so I am missing only 10 capacity at most, which is about one mod, on a gun that's not max ranked. In that case, there is really not much difference between me bringing a rank 0 or rank 30 Ignis or Opticor to a mission, other than a small reduction in elemental damage. Guns don't gain anything but capacity from levelling up.

So of course this is just ridiculous to gate things to max level weapons for "high level content". Frames I can still understand but weapons? No way man.

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, (PS4)BabylonCandleUK said:

Wondering how the community would feel about this?

All frames and weapons would have to be max rank, so that these wouldn't be used to level gear. 

for sorties frames already have to be max rank.  as for gear if its a regularly used weapon or just one with good polarities it can easily perform well even unranked or halfranked

I hear you, clearly no support for this at all, so I won't put it in as a suggestion. 

Feel I should clarify why I feel like this though. Nothing to do with thinking the weapons won't work well or anything like that. 

On PS4, you can't recruit an ESO squad, I've tried (recruit chat on consoles doesn't work as well as on PC). 

I can solo almost everything, sorties, tridolon etc. But even with Saryn I cant solo ESO, just run out of efficiency. 

ESO now is just leveling weapons and everyone leaves by round 4, I get to 7 solo, then run out of efficiency. 

Just a git gud for me I guess 🙂

1 hour ago, (PS4)BabylonCandleUK said:

I hear you, clearly no support for this at all, so I won't put it in as a suggestion. 

Feel I should clarify why I feel like this though. Nothing to do with thinking the weapons won't work well or anything like that. 

On PS4, you can't recruit an ESO squad, I've tried (recruit chat on consoles doesn't work as well as on PC). 

I can solo almost everything, sorties, tridolon etc. But even with Saryn I cant solo ESO, just run out of efficiency. 

ESO now is just leveling weapons and everyone leaves by round 4, I get to 7 solo, then run out of efficiency. 

Just a git gud for me I guess 🙂

I'm finding it rather hard to make lasting teams in PS4 as well,  and I know I've mentioned this in other threads but, have you considered a dedicated discord of sub forum thread here on the forums?

I'm gonna be setting one of the two up soonish, honestly.