Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vallis “wanted” level mechanics

(PSN)xtharbadx

Question

There is a noticeable difference in how enemies spawn and scale when going to farm Toroids solo, depending on which frame I bring.

If I go with my Nekros, where I mainly use melee coupled with weapons to help with shields and armor striping, I get swarmed pretty quickly and it doesn’t take long at all for enemies to reach level >100, which is awesome fun and I’ve been having a blast with it.

If, however, I bring my Mesa, the way spawns occur and enemies scale up seems to be very different. It’s almost like I’m killing them too fast ( you know .. Mesa.. can’t help it ) and the result is that it takes wayyyy longer to reach high level enemies, if at all ( sometimes I just get bored waiting and go do something else )

The same thing happens with Ivara. I usually bring her to fish and mine, and sometimes I finding myself close to a Toroid farm place and figure why not go there and farm for a bit.

With Ivara I use my operator to annoy the corpus and get the wanted level maxed, and then I switch back to the frame to kill them all safely. As with the Mesa example above, the spawns rate is slow and the enemies take a long time to scale up to “interesting” levels, comparing with what I see with Nekros.

I’m basically trying to figure out why the differences, as I would prefer to get more spawns and higher enemy levels quicker regardless of the frame of choice. Any ideas?

Needless to say, all the above examples are with maxed wanted level at the 3 known Toroid farm locTions.

5 answers to this question

I noticed this as well. I think it's actually quite right to say:

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)xtharbadx:

It’s almost like I’m killing them too fast

I'm using Nezha a lot since his rework. So there is firewalker all over the place.

If the enemies are not able to set the distress beacon before they die. I can imagin that Peacmaker might hit guys with 'stray shots' because of it's massive range and angle. So, as with firewalker, some enemies die before you even realise they are even there.

There are also situations where I think that there are some abilities which actually damage the beacons. For example Nezhas Chakram. I think I even had Garudas 4 actually hit them, but that might be just my imagination.

27 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I noticed this as well. I think it's actually quite right to say:

I'm using Nezha a lot since his rework. So there is firewalker all over the place.

If the enemies are not able to set the distress beacon before they die. I can imagin that Peacmaker might hit guys with 'stray shots' because of it's massive range and angle. So, as with firewalker, some enemies die before you even realise they are even there.

There are also situations where I think that there are some abilities which actually damage the beacons. For example Nezhas Chakram. I think I even had Garudas 4 actually hit them, but that might be just my imagination.

That's a different scenario I think.

The one I'm talking about isn't related to the beacons, since the wanted level is already maxed out and doesn't drop.

Or am I missing something here? Is there a different relation between number of beacons on the map vs. wanted level?

The number basically IS the wanted level.

If there are less beacons than the level of your.... wanted level.... (don't know how to build that sentence without using the word level twice....lol) then the wanted level will go down.

So 4 beacons NEED to be up and running to keep you at Wantedlevel 4. So if you destroy one per accident the level will go down and reach 3, if it's not replaced. and in this transition phase, yes, i do very much believe that there are less spawns than when you have 4 beacons up.

Not sure if this is your situation but if you are farming toroids at different locations,  the enemy scaling will be different too.  Enrichment Lab is slowest and Temple of Profit is fastest.

If you are looking for faster scaling you can take a max level bounty before tripping the alert, consistently takes 11 minutes for me to reach level cap at Enrichment Lab or 7 minutes at Temple of Profit like that.  Number of beacons does not seem to matter for me for scaling.