Enemy spawn on toroids farming

(PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO

I enjoy the new mechanics on fishing, mining, fortuna seems solid... but what's the deal with the spawn rates on toroids farming places? I don't mind the grind but would be nice to have something to kill so the alert lvl won't drop to zero, curious thing is that on bounties spawn rates are fine except when you need x amounts of kills.

Is it just on consoles or is PC on the same boat as us? 

Enrichment Labs always had the best amount of spawns imo, both outside and inside. Spaceport used to have very poor spawns, but was patched at some point on PC, not sure if it was carried over to the console version though. Spaceport is best farmed in the hangar inside though. Temple of Profit usually have decent spawns if going in and out to let the areas refresh, but spawns a lot tougher enemies, so bring the serious builds for this area. 

The alternative for weaker players is to just farm the random spawns in caves. You'll find at least 2 toroids from one lap around Vallis, which can be more time efficient if you have a fast archwing and know exactly where to look. 

1 hour ago, SirTobe said:

Enrichment Labs always had the best amount of spawns imo, both outside and inside. Spaceport used to have very poor spawns, but was patched at some point on PC, not sure if it was carried over to the console version though. Spaceport is best farmed in the hangar inside though. Temple of Profit usually have decent spawns if going in and out to let the areas refresh, but spawns a lot tougher enemies, so bring the serious builds for this area. 

The alternative for weaker players is to just farm the random spawns in caves. You'll find at least 2 toroids from one lap around Vallis, which can be more time efficient if you have a fast archwing and know exactly where to look. 

Forewarning on the cave comments for new players, it's roughly an average of 2. There are many runs where you can find 0. I've got as many as 6, so it evens out. Just make sure to manage expectations.

5 minutes ago, Azlen said:

There are many runs where you can find 0.

Really? I've done many runs and have never found less than 2. Maybe I've just been lucky then. 6 is the best I got in one run as well, and on top of that I mostly use a resource booster. 12 toroids in barely half an hour is a pretty good haul 😄 

This is the map I use for caves, in case we have different routines;

https://www.framemastery.com/orb-vallis-map/

So just did some research and testing and temple of profit and space port seem to have a high spawn rate inside but enrichment labs has a better high spawn rate outside where the roads meet. 

35 minutes solo  4 star alert  in the temple of profit with 600 kills dropped 3, no Nekros or Hydroid, doesn't seem much but they are 1k reputation each.

2 hours ago, SirTobe said:

Really? I've done many runs and have never found less than 2. Maybe I've just been lucky then. 6 is the best I got in one run as well, and on top of that I mostly use a resource booster. 12 toroids in barely half an hour is a pretty good haul 😄 

Yeah we're using the same map 🙂 I've found every spawn except in the pair up far north on the right side (mushroom island cave, if you happen to know where it spawns, i'd love to know ❤️ ) and with hitting all 19 caves, I usually find at least 1-2, but every 2/3 runs I get one with a whopping 0. I still love how chill cave-farming is compared to killfarming, but yeah. I just know there's a toroid video showing locales and lots of comments mad that they do several routes with 0 turn-ups, and didn't want to get people's hopes up.

3 hours ago, Azlen said:

Yeah we're using the same map 🙂 I've found every spawn except in the pair up far north on the right side (mushroom island cave, if you happen to know where it spawns, i'd love to know ❤️ ) and with hitting all 19 caves, I usually find at least 1-2, but every 2/3 runs I get one with a whopping 0. I still love how chill cave-farming is compared to killfarming, but yeah. I just know there's a toroid video showing locales and lots of comments mad that they do several routes with 0 turn-ups, and didn't want to get people's hopes up.

In the mushroom island cave it spawns on the island just down by the water, right beside where there's usually a hotspot for fishing.

I agree, it's a nice variation to the endless killing, especially when you're just out there mining and/or fishing anyway. 

On the topic of farming at Enrichment Labs I tried some today for the first time in weeks. To my surprise the spawns do seem to be lower than they used to? I had maxed wanted level and 3 active alarming nodes around, but the resistance was not even close to what I remembered. Didn't even have to use any abilities. Will have to try again later to see if it wasn't just some temporary derp.

I experienced no change outside of Spaceport though, better just go inside and farm there as usual. 

8 hours ago, SirTobe said:

Thanks for posting that map.  I'm sure it'll come in handy for quick reference later.  We just got Fortuna so haven't got to deep into exploring the map yet.