Exalted Blade Confusion

Azoic1974

Question

So I am looking at working on Umbral Excal as my next project.  I am confused as to how exalted blade works.  Does the exalted blade reap any benefits from mods on your normal melee weapon? if not, then what would be a good setup on my Nikana Prime for when I don't have energy to keep exalted blade going?

9 answers to this question

exalted weapons used to benefit from melee mods but now they have their own mod system so you can mod them separately from weapons.

as for nikana or orthos both are great nikana will benefit from excals passive though. personally i would run either corrosive or viral exalted blade.

as for mods for some reason warframe builder isnt letting me link a build so i will type out the mods

sacrificial steel / sacrificial pressure / vicious frost / virulient scourge / volcanic edge / voltaic strike / fury or berserker / organ shatter

if you dont have the 60/60 mods just switch them out for 90% elementals

40 minutes ago, MajesticPinecone said:

exalted weapons used to benefit from melee mods but now they have their own mod system so you can mod them separately from weapons.

as for nikana or orthos both are great nikana will benefit from excals passive though. personally i would run either corrosive or viral exalted blade.

as for mods for some reason warframe builder isnt letting me link a build so i will type out the mods

sacrificial steel / sacrificial pressure / vicious frost / virulient scourge / volcanic edge / voltaic strike / fury or berserker / organ shatter

if you dont have the 60/60 mods just switch them out for 90% elementals

so no Condition Overload, to benefit from Chromatic Blade?

Exalted blade is its own melee weapon that you can mod for like any other weapon. But first you’ll want to use chromatic blade on Excalibur and a power strength no lower than 180%. You can acheive that with maxing out umbral intensify, equipping the rest of the umbral mod set, and power drift. That will turn exalted blade into a 100% status weapon. Condition overload and either primed pressure point OR sacrificial pressure are must haves in my opinion. You’ll then want to use two to three elemental mods of your choice. If you use two, have the energy color such that it deals the other elemental damage. Life strike or healing return will help with health recovery.

Sacrificial Pressure, Sacrificial Steel, Condition Overload, Berserk, Primed Fever Strike, Shocking Touch, Organ Shatter, Drifting Contact.

Use base Heat damage for Corrosive + Heat. You can also use base Toxic and swap Organ Shatter for Molten Strike which gives more Corrosive weight and Primed Fury is also an option in place of Organ Shatter giving the most DPS but requires macro use to benefit from. Of course also base Heat for a Gas build.

Drifting Contact is a preference mod. I like the massive Slash Dash damage for gap closing and double status procs for going into melee. The damage output is unmatched. Doesn't matter how you mod Exalted blade if you're getting into melee it's better. The waves do no benefit from combo meter though they do benefit from Condition Overload.

If you're playing at a level range where nothing stays alive long enough to go into melee than another mod might be ideal but a side bonus to Drifting Contact is you only need Umbra Intensify to hit 100% status. This also includes using a single 60/60 mod. I used to run Primed Fury and if you want to go full DPS turret mode then Primed Fury in place of Drifting Contact is the way to go. The Sacrificial set is better on pretty much every melee weapon that uses Blood Rush. Players try hard to fit the Frame Umbra mods but the real power is the melee set and they're easier to fit.

EDIT: Build picks uploaded.

tvgQ6nN.jpg

https://imgur.com/tvgQ6nN

Ughh... forum embedding.

Edited by Xzorn

A quirk worth noting: If your base melee, non-exalted, has Dispach Overdrive then so too does your exalted weapon. Though expect this to be fixed eventually. Most set mods and a few as mentioned do not work with exalted weapons in general. Build wise a hybrid that can ramp up works well, I prefer to use gas as my Element of choice as the innate punch through of the blade allows it to proc many times. Viral slash is a good second pick. Just remember that chromatic blade does remove base IPS to be element only which can hurt in a handful of situations. 

Edited by Ashkeuron
Cant type on a phone.

25 minutes ago, Ashkeuron said:

A quirk worth noting: If your base melee, non-exalted, has Dispach Overdrive then so too does your exalted weapon. Though expect this to be fixed eventually. Most set mods and a few as mentioned do not work with exalted weapons in general. Build wise a hybrid that can ramp up works well, I prefer to use gas as my Element of choice as the innate punch through of the blade allows it to proc many times. Viral slash is a good second pick. Just remember that chromatic blade does remove base IPS to be element only which can hurt in a handful of situations. 

Yes I have noticed in Arbitrations, Chromatic Blade keeps my Exalted Blade from damaging those little shield bots