Why we cant use polearm skins for zaws

SIRDANCI

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Kromatia said:

While I agree, I'm sure there are a multitude of technical reasons why we can't. Same for the kitguns and the Nusku/Pearla skins.

This. From what I know it's mostly just animation problems that would occur using a skin on a weapon that is held differently. Hopefully they can work out something with the melee rework.

22 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Thank you kindly for that quick reply.

I am still hoping that can find a way for skins to just be applied as a forced overlay. Much like Snowball & Candy Cane version of "Quick Strike Nikana & Hikou" where the mechanics are kept but visuals and sounds are altered.

(Almost wish the Conclave team was in charge of adjusting skins for "Procedural Weapons")

• 1 month later...

I don't like the official answer. There is no way they can't pre-process the range of all the zaw weapons, it's would be a few dozens of integer to store, no big deal. Ad even if they don't want to do that, they could process the range of the weapon at its creation. That's just the two things I immediately came up with when I read the response, and I'm sure a team of professionnal game programmers would be able to come up with other ways. Considering how important fashion is in Warframe, I really don't understand how they just kept the only idea which prevents players from customizing their weapons (aside from colors ofc)