Jump to content

Do you think a solar rails replacement is planned?


(NSW)gl9k
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, I started playing Warframe seriously some time after solar rails were removed from the game and thus never got to experience them. Is it likely that DE will add some kind of inter-clan activity like that in the future (or have they announced any plans to do so)? I just think that clans would be much more awesome if there was more to them than just researching stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old system was....well, you just have to look back at other forum posts that ask this exact same thing. They were bad, in a multitude of unbalanced, and toxic ways (apparently).

If DE wanted to bring it back, it'd need to be completely different from the way it was before.

(I mean, players were literally screaming over other Clans supposedly crashing the other's servers just to get a head start and own the Rail, and other's raising the taxes so high on them there was no point trying to play the node until other Alliance or something too it over. Crazy toxic stuff was going on, it seems.)

Edited by Tangent-Valley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, khazlol said:

while it wasn't perfect, i agree it made the game more interesting.

Think it could have been fun if the defending clan actually got to design the defenses 😛

They could, the solar rail tower was stocked with turrets and reinforcement beacons for supplied specters by the clan that deployed it. Actually, that resulted in one of the more annoying rail conflict situations. One of the alliances had glitched their turrets into the terminals or put them above the skybox for ones that could aim at long distances but were bad at short ranges. While you tried to run the gauntlet to get those terminals hacked, a few defenders could reasonably pick you off, ideally charging up to being able to use their Ash Bladestorm over and over or Valkyr and just going invulnerable. Even if you braved that, you often wouldn't get any battle pay. On top of this, like tangent said one alliance in particular started goading players that they wouldn't get anything from playing the node -they put down 100% taxes - until someone could knock them off. It was incredibly unfun and toxic in practice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Urlan said:

They could, the solar rail tower was stocked with turrets and reinforcement beacons for supplied specters by the clan that deployed it. Actually, that resulted in one of the more annoying rail conflict situations. One of the alliances had glitched their turrets into the terminals or put them above the skybox for ones that could aim at long distances but were bad at short ranges. While you tried to run the gauntlet to get those terminals hacked, a few defenders could reasonably pick you off, ideally charging up to being able to use their Ash Bladestorm over and over or Valkyr and just going invulnerable. Even if you braved that, you often wouldn't get any battle pay. On top of this, like tangent said one alliance in particular started goading players that they wouldn't get anything from playing the node -they put down 100% taxes - until someone could knock them off. It was incredibly unfun and toxic in practice.

Well i had more in mind than turrets and spectres, but you are right of course.

also, a lot fo the issues back then could have been fixed 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, khazlol said:

Well i had more in mind than turrets and spectres, but you are right of course.

also, a lot fo the issues back then could have been fixed 😛

Absolutely, they totally could have been fixed; though its hard to say with how the dominant alliances treated the mode that it should have been as it was. Honestly, I sorta was hoping the mode would eventually become a Warframe version of the old Battlefront games, but it sadly never got there and instead made the mod unlocks more and more buggy as it went on heavily favoring particular builds over others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Absolutely, they totally could have been fixed; though its hard to say with how the dominant alliances treated the mode that it should have been as it was. Honestly, I sorta was hoping the mode would eventually become a Warframe version of the old Battlefront games, but it sadly never got there and instead made the mod unlocks more and more buggy as it went on heavily favoring particular builds over others.

yea i think the pve version was better.

especially if we could design the missions in a way similar to the dojos and dojos parkour room

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...