Is it safe to play Fortuna content?

Vennikyo

In the light of recent very loud ban wave that came across community for use of affinity exploit, I'd like to ask if it is safe to play any Fortuna content without fear of being banned at this point?

How are we supposed to know what and if something is a gameplay bug?

Keep in mind that (I'd say) most players of Warframe are not programmers or even tech savvy people, hence they lack basic knowledge on how things are supposed to work. 

To be perfectly clear. This topic is not a s!@#post attempt, but voice of concern for safety, both mine and my clan mates, in the near future.

Sincerely,

myself

Edited by Vennikyo

This 'very recent' ban that occurred had such a specific set of requirements to pull off that the chance of more than one player naturally coming across it would be very low. It was clearly an exploit of game mechanics that required some setup to pull off.

When I first heard about it I thought DE were in the wrong, but when I learned what the steps were I'm surprised a player happened to even find it in the first place. Also doing it once or testing it out probably wouldn't get you banned, but abusing it to max out multiple pieces of gear in 10 minutes or less is not something you can defend.

1 hour ago, Vennikyo said:

In the light of recent very loud ban wave that came across community for use of affinity exploit, I'd like to ask if it is safe to play any Fortuna content without fear of being banned at this point?

Keep in mind that (I'd say) most players of Warframe are not programmers or even tech savvy people, hence they lack basic knowledge on how things are supposed to work. 

To be perfectly clear. This topic is not a s!@#post attempt, but voice of concern for safety, both mine and my clan mates, in the near future.

Sincerely,

myself

The bug in question wasn't something you could do by accident.  It took deliberate steps, including creating a macro, to trigger it at the level that's getting people banned.

Really, just use some common sense.  It normally takes something like fifteen or twenty waves at Hydron with a full team to max out a weapon.  Which takes somewhere between ten and thirty minutes, depending on team composition.  If you're doing something that gives you the same amount of XP/affinity in ten or fifteen *seconds,* it's probably an exploit.

If you accidentally stood in a very specific type of location with a very specific criteria and proceeded to accidentally spam an ability (with a macro) and these types of "accidents" happen to you regularly then yes you should be worried about getting banned in the future.

(if it's very clearly a bug and you intentionally exploit it then you should worry about getting banned, otherwise you're fine)

Dear Topic Creator,

Do you like money? Of course you do. Everyone does. All of the people. Do you know what nearly all developers are? People.

So now tell me, how are these people-developers going to get your money if you can't play their game? Answer: They can't. As such they aren't going to ban anyone unless that anyone gives them a pretty good reason since they, like you, like your money and want some of it.

I know that the general gamer population has taken this "Us vs them" attitude when it comes to developers, but that mainly comes down to the fact that we're all greedy and selfish and we want to keep as much of our money as we can, and they want to get as much of it as they can. No dev wants to get rid of a customer without a DARN good reason because if they do that they proceed to get NONE of that person's money, which is pretty much the antithesis of the mission statement when you're a businessy type thing.

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Sincerely,

Me.

10 hours ago, Vennikyo said:

Sincerely,

myself

I don't get it. 

I mean I know that this is supposed to be bait, but it's not even low quality bait. This is like some sort of negative bait. Bait so far gone that it's just... not?

Is... Is it possible that it's.... NOT bait? 

6 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

Could you elaborate, in detail, exactly what do you think those people were banned for?

I'd love to see the answer to this. 

11 hours ago, Vennikyo said:

Use some common sense.

The affinity exploit was so elaborate that there's absolutely no way anyone could've used it without being perfectly aware of it being a bug.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

What's going on? Hey what if you find a spot where the fish just spawn in and you can watch Netflix and throw a spear without moving? Is that okay? Because MSK3000 is hilarious and fishing Tinks for hours in a big open river is not....

Farming tinks for hours without a macro will get you banned from being sane.

Yeah, dunno either. I mean, how could exploiting gaining free XP for doing nothing but pressing a button, using a macro, ever considered exploiting the game? Especially when a certain Youtuber advertises it as that? Impossible to tell, surely. /s

Get real by utilizing common sense, learn from your mistakes (if you made them) and try to keep your future bright. Then you shouldn't have any worries.

heh... shows how much i watch forums or region chat...

I play basically every day and never miss maxing my solaris united rep. Just starting to work on Toroids for Vox Solaris rep.

Been mining, fishing, killing things, playing on my board... etc...

Never even knew there was some sort of exploit/banwave lol.

A good rule of thumb here... in any sort of online game really... is if it "feels" like an exploit (and especially if it takes something screwy like a specific macro) then it probably is.

Bonus points if there are youtube vids advertising it as "HEY CHECK OUT THIS EXPLOIT!" lol.

Just play the game. If it is a bug, DE will fix it. If it is an exploit and people do it intentionally, DE is well within their rights for a banwave.

*shrug*

15 hours ago, Vennikyo said:

Sincerely,

myself

Yeah... that isnt really how it looks.

Step 1. Post a thread with exaggerated concerns.

Step 2. Dont answer to people who posted in your thread to clear up your "concerns"

Obviously not an attempt at bait or S#&$posting.

11 hours ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

Dear Topic Creator,

Do you like money? Of course you do. Everyone does. All of the people. Do you know what nearly all developers are? People.

So now tell me, how are these people-developers going to get your money if you can't play their game? Answer: They can't. As such they aren't going to ban anyone unless that anyone gives them a pretty good reason since they, like you, like your money and want some of it.

I know that the general gamer population has taken this "Us vs them" attitude when it comes to developers, but that mainly comes down to the fact that we're all greedy and selfish and we want to keep as much of our money as we can, and they want to get as much of it as they can. No dev wants to get rid of a customer without a DARN good reason because if they do that they proceed to get NONE of that person's money, which is pretty much the antithesis of the mission statement when you're a businessy type thing.

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Sincerely,

Me.

Dear me - I mean you,

I know that this might come as a shock to me - I mean you - please bear (not the grizzly) with me - not you - for just a moment.

- Money isn't everything.

Sincerely,

The Monopoly Man.

44 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Dont answer to people who posted in your thread to clear up your "concerns"

I'm waiting for DE staff member to give clear and actual statement. Most of the people here are either spreading rumors or giving half answers like "common sense" discussions which don't constitute reality nor make the situation any more clear. So far at least.