Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Arch-Weapons) Ideas, suggestions and thoughts?

Azul-Diablo

Once the Arch-guns can be utilized while on the atmosphere we'll need more wont we?

i would like to start this topic off by describing a few arch-gun ideas i had rolling around in my head for a couple weeks.

the first is basically just a jet enginer with twin grakatas stuck to the side in a grineer design scheme. it would blast fire as  its main fire mode and haze with grakata secondary fire, allowing it to continuously shoot both fire modes to haze enemies. 

the second was a lephantis inspired arch gun where you scavenge the dead body of lephantis, rip off the sniper head and use it as a howitzer, while melding the head that shoots missiles to the underside and modifying it so instead of shooting missiles it blasts short ranges shotgun fire like attaching a zarr alt fire to it. 

what are your thoughts?

Depends on the extent of the Archwing changes planned with Railjack to what kind of weapons would be any good. Are they going to make it more flight sim'ish or more arcade? Are they going to build the maps to actually make use of how they fly? Like when they introduced 6d movement, maps didn't change from the horizontal flat layout with the same old map/radar system. How is it going to compliment the Railjack ship in missions other than a taxi to the big enemy ship. How is archwing only missions being effected.

Right now, everything is so tiny and engagement is either at extreme range as the enemy travels to you, or locked in orbit around you peppering you with weapons.

Whatever they do, I feel it will increase the disconnect between space mode and atmosphere mode where you get these weapons for one or the other but wouldn't really use them for both optimally because of the different engagement with enemies.

1 hour ago, Gingingt said:

We need to fix archwing maneuvering before adding new arch-weaps

arch wings arent even broken in maneuvering. its realistic, in actuality. in space you dont stop when you keep moving, which means you need to focus on being as fast as you're able to control. 

yeah the 4d movement is difficult and disorienting to learn, but you can quickly master it with the most base of thought.

the 3D maneuvering is well designed and well made but theres an echo chamber on arch wing maneuverability and if you just used it, you wouldnt be complaining about it.

4 hours ago, Azul-Diablo said:

arch wings arent even broken in maneuvering. its realistic, in actuality. in space you dont stop when you keep moving, which means you need to focus on being as fast as you're able to control. 

yeah the 4d movement is difficult and disorienting to learn, but you can quickly master it with the most base of thought.

the 3D maneuvering is well designed and well made but theres an echo chamber on arch wing maneuverability and if you just used it, you wouldnt be complaining about it.

In short, this. Personally, my only issue is that skywing takes a tad too long to come to a halt from a boost.

4 hours ago, Azul-Diablo said:

arch wings arent even broken in maneuvering. its realistic...

No. It's a mishmash of arcade and flight simulator and they didn't commit to either side. 6d movement did not alter the maps, they still have a distinct right side up which made the corpus set all the more uncomfortable. The map and radar was not altered, the enemies still make a b-line to you then orbit a set distance away. The added inertia to drift made the corpus tile with it's ribbed, not for your pleasure, railings all over the place made the leap in skill for speed a nightmare. Because still, 2 maps.

Granted. In the astroids. It's fine. Fun even. 

The concept was fine but it was also filled with half measures.

Making old movement standard was because they killed the modes goodwill for further experiments and barely touched it tell railjack become a idea to hype people and bring resources back to it.

The original pinpoint accurate flight at least felt satisfying in it's own way to scope your way through the corpus tile. But it felt robotic and less elegant in the astroids. The opposite problem. 

I think the rework should have both flight modes fully realized and toggled on demand. Like Robotech. Flight mode to sharp agility mode if they want this large discrepancy between map styles.

Edited by Firetempest

7 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

No. It's a mishmash of arcade and flight simulator and they didn't commit to either side. 6d movement did not alter the maps, they still have a distinct right side up which made the corpus set all the more uncomfortable. The map and radar was not altered, the enemies still make a b-line to you then orbit a set distance away. The added inertia to drift made the corpus tile with it's ribbed, not for your pleasure, railings all over the place made the leap in skill for speed a nightmare. Because still, 2 maps.

Granted. In the astroids. It's fine. Fun even. 

The concept was fine but it was also filled with half measures.

Making old movement standard was because they killed the modes goodwill for further experiments and barely touched it tell railjack become a idea to hype people and bring resources back to it.

Are you playing with or without Experimental Flight?

6 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Are you playing with or without Experimental Flight?

I ditched experimental the second they made it a option because of all the said reasons. But they left experimental inertia in so it's still bad.

Edited by Firetempest

Il y a 5 heures, Azul-Diablo a dit :

I disagree. Archwing has a terrible control scheme, locks you out of altitude control when afterburning which is pretty bad, is slow as S#&$, and still has that stupid "momentum is directed towarda mouse cursor" which makes it infuriating for anyone who ever touched a proper space sim since you cannot strafe and cannot properly do firing passes. 

Now, if they made it snappier and used vectorial momentum then we'd have a good start. Also, up and downward thrust need to be massively increase, they are incredibly slow. 

Then add some more dodge options like tapping directions adding a quick burst up/down/left/rightwards, and giving back altitude control when afterburning would make it a lot, LOT better. 

Also, they should fix that stupid horizontal relative to fictional (or real in skywing) horizon alignment which can only be changed when sprinting. Like wat. 

The basis is good, the details tho are infuriatingly bad tbh. 

I've been playing this game for nearly a year even since Hydroid prime access and I still don't see any change in archwing mode except that you can infinitely use it in open world maps and some new 60/60 mods. I doubt any idea would change anything.

Right now I just maximized everything in Archwing mode just so that I won't hesitate when participate in Archwing contents, but yes, another motivation is that I find Archwing is kinda fun ! Just a pity the mode is not nicely paid attention...

If it weren't for the MR associated with Archwings, I wouldnt do Archwing missions. After 4 years I STILL have weapons that I havent leveled just because the maneuvering is so bad. I was excited when I first started using them but almost loathe using them now. Im good with what's in the game already until they rework it.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

homing anything has to be basically a joke dmg wise or firerate other wise will be too over powered to be gamebreaking

And yet they still give stuff like that to regular enemies like Bombards and Terra Overtakers… :thinking:

Gripes about WF's enemy design aside, I'd like to see some more stuff in the same vein as the Grattler - not exactly like it (I kinda hate the Grattler itself TBH, way too inaccurate and has too short a range and long a reload) but stuff that's practically a hand-held artillery weapon. Most Arch Guns are actually kind of... regular. Shotguns, Burst Rifles. Only thing that's any kind of really heft piece of kit is the Grattler, an Anti-Aircraft gun, or maybe the Velocitus as a railgun. So, more of that please.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

And yet they still give stuff like that to regular enemies like Bombards and Terra Overtakers… :thinking:

Gripes about WF's enemy design aside, I'd like to see some more stuff in the same vein as the Grattler - not exactly like it (I kinda hate the Grattler itself TBH, way too inaccurate and has too short a range and long a reload) but stuff that's practically a hand-held artillery weapon. Most Arch Guns are actually kind of... regular. Shotguns, Burst Rifles. Only thing that's any kind of really heft piece of kit is the Grattler, an Anti-Aircraft gun, or maybe the Velocitus as a railgun. So, more of that please.

we get the bombards weapon its the ogris 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

we get the bombards weapon its the ogris 

I was more taking a jab at the fact that DE seems to be trying (with admittedly limited success) to keep us from being complete unstoppable god monsters of doom, yet they rarely seem to give anywhere near the same amount of attention to the enemies we fight, despite them literally being half of every encounter - leading to some enemies having... questionable design.

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎16 at 12:43 AM, Azul-Diablo said:

^^This.  IMO