Non swappable parts on Moa's makes them pointless as companions.

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

They're cute and fun and all, but you can't really get attached the same way as other companions because if you don't like even one part, even the one that simply gives precepts, you have to scrap that one and build an all new one. Why can't we just build one body and swap out the other parts at will as long as we built them? It would let you try different setups with the same moa you've been running around the vallis with all this time, rather than tossing it aside cause the parts didn't really mesh the way you thought.

So basically just normal pets but as robotics?? If anything they are better than normal pets seeing how you can preview the looks before building them, rather than getting lucky when they hatch or by spending plat for looks you want. If you can't tell I mean dogs and cats.

I do feel that way. But TBH I do like atleast only Bracket be swappable. Since it's has no relation to both status and growth of MOA themself. It do say it's decide the polarity, but since it's only have 1 right now. It should not be that hard to make them swappable (like weapon). But since it cannot be swap, I only have 1 MOA already build because if I like another Bracket I needed to build a new one. So I have to wait for new Brackets before I'll decided to build another MOA...

All MOA precepts are equippable on all other MOAs regardless of build. The only thing you're effecting by their build parts is how they look, and then some minor changes to defensive stats. You can preview both of these before you build the MOA.

The swappable parts on MOAs, like all other companions, are called Mods.

44 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

None of the other modular things we have are swappable, why should this be any different?

And why should they all stay as they are?

The only real reason it won't happen other than "DEs initial design approach is infallible" is because the systems core was built on the swampy foundation of the skin system and it would take precious time to remake it. They are still trying to figure out a way for zaws to use premium skins. Not because it was DEs core design that the player must enjoy the modular art of the weapons. But because they overridden that function in the initial programming by repurposing it and didn't see a problem with that at the time because it was a experimental system.

Now that it's a reused 'popular' system hardly advanced from it's original experimental phase. We get to be stuck with it tell they make a different new system to hype that has replaceable parts. Likely built off the arcane system and they break something else.

Edited by Firetempest

2 hours ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

you can't really get attached the same way as other companions

I disagree with this, having to decide on (and getting to choose) a permanent look
- along with the hassle of building a whole new MOA if you do want to change something, heh -
makes me appreciate the "complete package" more than if I could just change its visuals on a whim.

And really, the stat differences between parts are so minor
(plus any MOA "head" can use any Precept in case you missed that),
building the one you like best visually is totally fine.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

tossing it aside cause the parts didn't really mesh the way you thought

That part I don't quite understand, you get a preview and everything. *shrug*

Well,  all the so-called modular stuff isn't modular at all. You can't swap parts on anything and have to completely rebuild stuff.
It's a thoroughly wasted opportunity if for "flexible" gear there is also a specific combo that is just superior to all other configurations. It's simply another wasted opportunity and it has been since PoE.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt
typo

6 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

I do feel that way. But TBH I do like atleast only Bracket be swappable. Since it's has no relation to both status and growth of MOA themself. It do say it's decide the polarity, but since it's only have 1 right now. It should not be that hard to make them swappable (like weapon). But since it cannot be swap, I only have 1 MOA already build because if I like another Bracket I needed to build a new one. So I have to wait for new Brackets before I'll decided to build another MOA...

I feel like I just watched a tennis match. 

1 hour ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Well,  all the so-called modular stuff isn't modular at all. You can't swap parts on anything and have to completely rebuild stuff.
It's a thoroughly wasted opportunity if for "flexible" gear there is also a specific combo that is just superior to all other configurations. It's simply another wasted opportunity and it has been since PoE.

😧

Modular ≠ Hot swappable. 

You're welcome.