Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

does any warframe need a complete rework more than vauban

(PSN)tissot555

I've been playing warframe for little over a year at this point and tonight I finally got around to putting a vauban build together. I thought I might enjoy him because I am not a "meta" warframe player. I mean, I play them too, but I also enjoy playing the weaker frames for kicks. Anywhoo, vauban is so...bad. I honestly couldn't believe how horrible his kit is. It sucks to because the idea of a gadgets frame is so awesome. Remember how DE removed the raids cause they just weren't a good representation of the game(or whatever the reason)? Well, they should've just removed good ol' vauban also and reintroduced him later becasue he is sooooo not ready. 

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

People will try very hard to tell he's not that bad. Truth is he's just bad, just like Ember.

That's a half truth.

He's bad because this community can't think past it's own ADD riddled nose so everything has to be "kill, kill, kill" in increasing faster ways. The forums somewhat divided reaction to Baruuk proves this as such, since he's a support frame.

Ember got nerfed into the ground for trivialising the game at lower levels. She was power creep in human form.

Edited by LupisV0lk

1 minute ago, LupisV0lk said:

That's a half truth.

He's bad because this community can't think past it's own ADD riddled nose so everything has to be "kill, kill, kill" in increasing faster ways. The forums somewhat divided reaction to Baruuk proves this as such, since he's a support frame.

Ember got nerfed into the ground for trivialising the game at lower levels. She was power creep in human form.

And that's the reason why he's bad. Coz he only CC. But frames can deal damage AND CC. AND support. That Vauban cannot do. He's not even that good as a CC.

Same reason why Ember is bad. She trivializes lower levels. The truth is, low levels are cakewalk to any experienced player using absolutely any frame. And she's bad in high level. And don't even try to start talking how good she is in high level. The truth is, high levels are cakewalk to us too if you use any frame right. But you need more investment on Ember. That's why she's bad.

2 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

That's a half truth.

I can't agree with this because you can destroy in this game with just weapons alone, BUT a frame should at least give you some usable powers. Vaubans 1 & 2 are beyond useless and even if you want to say his 3 & 4 are useable, they lose to every other cc ability in the game in my opinion. I suppose it's all opinion though. I just wish he was better

16 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Vauban isn't fundamentally flawed, it's just that the game has moved on without him. Everything's about killing now more than ever.

Back In The Day, he was fine.

Bastile and vortex serve the same purpose and his first two abilities are trash I think its a bit more than the game moving on.

I remember when he was *really* good.

Honestly, I don't think he's gotten any worse, I think that DE have let the insane scaling of this game get to the point where if it doesn't one shot a room full of level six million corrupted bombards on steroids making out with ancient healers while making you invincible and gifting you 800 platinum, then it's worthless. 

Same reason that the Orb Valis enemies are so annoying - they can't make decently hard content with the game in this state of player power insanity without taking control from the player. 

Basically, the game is build base on that you needed to kill enemies to progress the mission.

- Defense... Kill all enemies to progress to next wave...

- Survival... Kill enemies to get enough Life Support...

- Capture... Kill Target before they retreat... Also, most Warframe Power are useless on the target.

- Interception... Kill enemies before they capture Tower... Also, kill all enemies when it's done (or below 5 enemies remaining).

- Excavation... Kill Power Carrier and Protect Excavator...

- Hijack.... Kill enemies before they destroyed the Target...

ETC...

That is the list of some mode in the game. Since Vauban is a pure CC Frame that base on defense something (and using Trap... that doesn't really work unless you throw trap at them). He should be good at Defense right? No... Other Frames like Frost is most likely the Frames that people choose when do to Defense or Excavation mission. Lately, I do pickup my Vauban Prime to use him on Excavation Mission (that I normally use Frost). I feel like an idiot for bring him there. Because he's an Engineer theme Frames... That can't even repair things... His 1 and 2 needed a lot of Duration to be even useable. His 3... IDK I don't even use it because it's stop enemies to come close and I have to kill enemies to get power cells anyway... His 4 is good on paper... But it's not that good because he doesn't have ability to dispatch enemies tht got pull into the Vortex...

I think Volt could use a rework, since his description is "HIGH DEALING DAMAGE", which is funny because only 1 of 4 is his a nuke ability and it doesn't really that much damage if you are fighting against armor unit

And his augment is useless, "shocking speed" i still think this should be included in his 2nd ability

1 technically useless like the other elemental frame (except for saryn)

So yeah changed his 1 and 4 into something good, will convince me to volt again

Btw almost every passive frame needs to be rework

33 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I've been playing warframe for little over a year at this point and tonight I finally got around to putting a vauban build together. I thought I might enjoy him because I am not a "meta" warframe player. I mean, I play them too, but I also enjoy playing the weaker frames for kicks. Anywhoo, vauban is so...bad. I honestly couldn't believe how horrible his kit is. It sucks to because the idea of a gadgets frame is so awesome. Remember how DE removed the raids cause they just weren't a good representation of the game(or whatever the reason)? Well, they should've just removed good ol' vauban also and reintroduced him later becasue he is sooooo not ready. 

Ember. Ember. Yeah that’s it, with the up coming change to Wukong, Nyx, and Titania, they will be fine.

RE:  The main topic.  Yes, I can think of at least one.  Wukong.  Vauban has two okay powers, one that's decent up to low Sortie level (Bastille and Vortex, then tesla grenades.)  Wukong has ONE power that most people care about, Defy.  Unless you're just goofing around and build for his "hit things with big stick" power, his only decent trick is being immortal until he runs out of energy.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Wukong is just fine.  ( @DeMonkey I summon thee!)And as mentioned, Ember is kind of in a bad spot, since all her powers focus on killing stuff to death - she's still death incarnate at lower levels.  Right up until the point where enemy armor scaling goes nuts, then she may as well be a Corpus Crewmen with a sexy bodysuit.

Edited by EmberStar

If you compare everything to Saryn, Mesa and Nidus in clearing a room with little input, of course you're going to find that everything underperforms. You're comparing every tool in the toolbox on its ability to hammer a nail. At best, he needs some tweaking but not all frames need to have the ability to sweep rooms with barely any input or lockdown the entire map just because a few outliers exist.

16 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

If you compare everything to Saryn, Mesa and Nidus in clearing a room with little input, of course you're going to find that everything underperforms. You're comparing every tool in the toolbox on its ability to hammer a nail. At best, he needs some tweaking but not all frames need to have the ability to sweep rooms with barely any input or lockdown the entire map just because a few outliers exist.

And what is the meter of comparison by grace? Vauban needs a REWORK, not a tweak, a REWORK.

Tesla is beyond useless since the electric ball from zenurik school deals more damage and it's free (and nobody here is going to believe that charging tesla grenade is viable)

The mines are pretty much trolling except for a few very rare occasions. Extremely situational, so much they don't even deserve a spot in the ability kit (just like tesla)

Bastille is still bugged not capturing enemies sometimes

Vortex has mediocre damage and is pretty much a mini bastille

Fix bastille and rework the trash vauban currently is. Some frames got way too much power compared to others (looking at you mesa, just to name one) and this caused two problems.

- In a game where killing enemies is preferred, frames that have it too easy on  the dps side trivialize high end supposedly challenging enemies making them the go to for pretty much everything. Couple it with the fact they can cover entire arenas and you can explain many things wight now

- Frames that had a supposed specialization were completely left behind and nothing was done to help them. They only "resisted" so far because of one ability that kept them somewhat afloat such as bastille, defy, titania razorwing (she is so useless that I can't remember her only good ability). Ember is in a tight spot too, she can survive for some time but eventually she will become one of the obsoletes too (and DE nerfed her defense with the excuse that she can't be a tank and dps at same time only to release mesa...pathetic)

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Khora s 1 2 and 3 are good abilities. Venari just needs better AI. Strangledome needs to be replaced. She doesn’t need a complete overhaul.

1. Exalted whip

2. There's a lot better cc out there.

3. Yeah the AI and also fetch bug

4. Is terrible and looks like a placeholder ability