Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can we all work together for the coming storm?

(PSN)alvian00

i know that space mom is amassing just outside the origin system so i been wondering can we all work together for the coming storm? or have the Corpus and Grineer have so much bad blood that they can't see the "New War" coming? space mom is coming and we are going to need everyone to survive this storm. just take a look, they nearly taken down the Orokin empire or maybe we don't need there help? we beaten them in the old war before we can do it again.

Edited by (PS4)alvian00

4 hours ago, (PS4)alvian00 said:

have the Corpus and Grineer have so much bad blood that they can't see the "New War" coming?

well, we can try to encourage them to stop fighting each other and form a temporary three-way alliance, but whether or not we succeed is a different question. the Tenno themselves can probably take down the sentients without help, and I can only see the Corpus and Grineer getting involved if/when the Sentients attack them directly. that or we'll get the usual Ex Machina outcome, where everyone refuses to help and we go it alone, but then just as it looks like we're about to lose the cavalry comes in and helps turn the tide of battle. too cliched IMO so I hope they don't go with this idea, and either we fight this battle ourselves or we all decide to kill the Sentients together so that we can go back to killing each other. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)alvian00 said:

i know that space mom is amassing just outside the origin system so i been wondering can we all work together for the coming storm? or have the Corpus and Grineer have so much bad blood that they can't see the "New War" coming? space mom is coming and we are going to need everyone to survive this storm. just take a look, they nearly taken down the Orokin empire or maybe we don't need there help? we beaten them in the old war before we can do it again.

A Penultimate Climactic Event where we the player community as a whole gets to interactively choose Lotus’ fate could revolutionize Gaming.

IT COULD REVOLUTIONIZE THE INDUSTRY.

I’m DARING Steve and Company to do it.

But they won’t.  They know long-term players want to acquire EVERYTHING in the game and to introduce a “This or THAT but NOT both at the same Time” mechanic would create category 5 Salt Storms.

Game mechanics will force the PvE community down the same predetermined path so you needn’t worry.

I’ve waited 3 years to see if DE is going to take the big leap towards “Exclusive Choice” after they dipped their pinky toes into that big pool of possibility with factions.

And there are plenty of ways to circumvent Faction exclusivity.

The focus meter is essentially a mood-and-philosophy driven fashion frame fluff accessory with two colors; black and white.  Your choices have zero effect on gameplay and character development...so far.

There are no exclusive Sun/Balance/Moon  powers or fashion or even weight given in terms of bonuses/penalties due to disposition.

Events like the Balor Famorian Event that destroyed the relays were scripted.  To be fair, separate storylines across different platforms would be a fiscal impossibility.

I dream of a CINEMATIC event with the weighted emotional resonance and beauty of The Second Dream, daring for it to be even more heartfelt and tragic, but fear not...

Events will be on a predetermined path.

Unless DE does something unprecedented...😏

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

23 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

A Penultimate Climactic Event where we the player community as a whole gets to interactively choose Lotus’ fate could revolutionize Gaming.

☝️ Has that tactic worked on anyone outside of middle-school in the last few decades? I feel like it hasn't. 

Also if I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you're asking them for an anticlimactic ending of the game? 

23 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

But they won’t.  They know long-term players want to acquire EVERYTHING in the game and to introduce a “This or THAT but NOT both at the same Time” mechanic would create category 5 Salt Storms.

🤔 Salt categories aren't currently a global standard so they vary from one system to another. For reference, what level of salt would you rate the post I'm quoting? I'm getting readings of a 90% relative salinity. So around a 94% absolute salinity. With the conversion ratio we normally use that's at least a category 4 but I just want to be sure that we're all on the same page. For science... 🤓

17 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

☝️ Has that tactic worked on anyone outside of middle-school in the last few decades? I feel like it hasn't. 

Also if I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you're asking them for an anticlimactic ending of the game? 

🤔 Salt categories aren't currently a global standard so they vary from one system to another. For reference, what level of salt would you rate the post I'm quoting? I'm getting readings of a 90% relative salinity. So around a 94% absolute salinity. With the conversion ratio we normally use that's at least a category 4 but I just want to be sure that we're all on the same page. For science... 🤓

I think we have the beginnings of a new kind of apocalypse movie here... :laugh:

We've had Twister, 2012, Armageddon, The Day After Tomorrow...now get ready for SALT STORM!!!

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

When you get to 24% you can Brine roads with it, and Category 4 is Dead Sea...sooooo...

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎16 at 2:25 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Game mechanics will force the PvE community down the same predetermined path so you needn’t worry.

I’ve waited 3 years to see if DE is going to take the big leap towards “Exclusive Choice” after they dipped their pinky toes into that big pool of possibility with factions.

And there are plenty of ways to circumvent Faction exclusivity.

The focus meter is essentially a mood-and-philosophy driven fashion frame fluff accessory with two colors; black and white.  Your choices have zero effect on gameplay and character development...so far.

There are no exclusive Sun/Balance/Moon  powers or fashion or even weight given in terms of bonuses/penalties due to disposition.

Events like the Balor Famorian Event that destroyed the relays were scripted.  To be fair, separate storylines across different platforms would be a fiscal impossibility.

I dream of a CINEMATIC event with the weighted emotional resonance and beauty of The Second Dream, daring for it to be even more heartfelt and tragic, but fear not...

Events will be on a predetermined path.

Unless DE does something unprecedented...😏

Ok, so... a penultimate cinematic quest implies it's almost done. I doubt Warframe's story is anywhere near done - they described Sacrifice as the end of chapter 1.

Which means that they'd then need to make two cinematic quests from that point forward. Or possibly change large sects of the game between sides of the playerbase. All of which costs extra development time and extra money both spent and in lost opportunity cost for spending more time between updates making new quests. DE's no Blizzard - they cannot stomach that cost.

I doubt it; as far as all of the actual plot writing has gone so far, we're largely presented as being the only person who's ever accomplished anything or would even be likely to have an awakened operator form. The fact that it's an mmo/multiplayer game is pretty much treated as non-canon to the plot.

A Battle of Wakanda style event in-game would be awesome. Though perhaps having several dozen Tenno flying around, not to mention hundreds of Infested and/or Sentients, as well as numerous allied NPCs, might be a bit taxing on even the most beefy of gaming rigs.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:25 AM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

#no more space mom

What I wouldn’t give to be able to get rid of lotus. She pushes most of my buttons with her manipulative BS. I have kind of wanted to kill her since the Natah quest where she up and abandons you, then refuses to talk about it like your the bad guy for looking into what the heck is going on.

While I don’t think we will be able to choose lotus’ fate with the upcoming quest I would like to have the option to no longer fallow her blindly. Teshin was upfront with everything when you do his quest lines and I appreciated that. Also the irony of the Glast Gambit was too perfect. So I feel another NPC quest giver could work.

If they were to do anything of the sort where players chose lotus fate I think it would just be cosmetic of a sort. Maybe remove her (and hologram) as your mission giver and go with someone else, otherwise it would be fundamentally the same. I imagine this as introducing an option to remove or keep lotus would split players. So many people love lotus to the point where she is fondly referred to as “Space mom”. And I know I'm not the only person who just wants to see her perma gone. I feel that split is the exact reason why they wont get rid of her or keep her as this perfect unicorn in your tennos eyes.

On 2018-12-16 at 7:19 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, we can try to encourage them to stop fighting each other and form a temporary three-way alliance, but whether or not we succeed is a different question. the Tenno themselves can probably take down the sentients without help, and I can only see the Corpus and Grineer getting involved if/when the Sentients attack them directly. that or we'll get the usual Ex Machina outcome, where everyone refuses to help and we go it alone, but then just as it looks like we're about to lose the cavalry comes in and helps turn the tide of battle. too cliched IMO so I hope they don't go with this idea, and either we fight this battle ourselves or we all decide to kill the Sentients together so that we can go back to killing each other. 

Honestly I think DE should go for all the factions agreeing to fight against the threat simply because nobody expects any of the obstinate cannon fodder to actually unite. Maybe after some "encouragement" in the form of a new Sentient invasion force kicking off the new war. Only after defeating their incursion do we go on the offensive and drag the factions along with us.

Of course the hardest part of that whole scenario is that we have to go back to killing them after because the game continues on and they'd probably go back at each other. It'd be somewhat more believable if, rather than entire enemy factions teaming up with us, we gain minor support from the exiles of each faction. We obviously already have Sydnicates, but what if we had more benefactors like Ballas (effectively an Orokin exile) who know that giving us powerful tools is their best way to contribute to stopping the Sentients. What if Alad V assisted in a similar manner, he keeps coming back for the wild ride. I don't have an obvious candidate from the Grineer but I'd believe DE could wrangle some plot reasons for Corrupted Vor, Dr Tengus (if he would bother with existence), or even Tyl Regor just because we already love him and he should love us back.

4 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

#no more space mom

What I wouldn’t give to be able to get rid of lotus. She pushes most of my buttons with her manipulative BS. I have kind of wanted to kill her since the Natah quest where she up and abandons you, then refuses to talk about it like your the bad guy for looking into what the heck is going on.

While I don’t think we will be able to choose lotus’ fate with the upcoming quest I would like to have the option to no longer fallow her blindly. Teshin was upfront with everything when you do his quest lines and I appreciated that. Also the irony of the Glast Gambit was too perfect. So I feel another NPC quest giver could work.

If they were to do anything of the sort where players chose lotus fate I think it would just be cosmetic of a sort. Maybe remove her (and hologram) as your mission giver and go with someone else, otherwise it would be fundamentally the same. I imagine this as introducing an option to remove or keep lotus would split players. So many people love lotus to the point where she is fondly referred to as “Space mom”. And I know I'm not the only person who just wants to see her perma gone. I feel that split is the exact reason why they wont get rid of her or keep her as this perfect unicorn in your tennos eyes.

Oh, you mean that quest where she was under attack, and was busy trying to protect herself and us from the sentient attack? 

Yeah you're absolutely right that's no reason not to pick up the phone when we call to ask her silly questions about stuff that's not really relevant to "staying alive". /s

I mean really, that's a very selfish attitude to have, especially considering that she's been protecting us from her own family for the last however many centuries, and specifically intervened to save your life. 

If there is a group of Tenno who align themselves based on jumping to conclusions and abandoning people who have done so much for us, I think that I might rather check to see if the Stalker is accepting new acolytes instead. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, Beartornado said:

Honestly I think DE should go for all the factions agreeing to fight against the threat simply because nobody expects any of the obstinate cannon fodder to actually unite. Maybe after some "encouragement" in the form of a new Sentient invasion force kicking off the new war. Only after defeating their incursion do we go on the offensive and drag the factions along with us.

Of course the hardest part of that whole scenario is that we have to go back to killing them after because the game continues on and they'd probably go back at each other. It'd be somewhat more believable if, rather than entire enemy factions teaming up with us, we gain minor support from the exiles of each faction. We obviously already have Sydnicates, but what if we had more benefactors like Ballas (effectively an Orokin exile) who know that giving us powerful tools is their best way to contribute to stopping the Sentients. What if Alad V assisted in a similar manner, he keeps coming back for the wild ride. I don't have an obvious candidate from the Grineer but I'd believe DE could wrangle some plot reasons for Corrupted Vor, Dr Tengus (if he would bother with existence), or even Tyl Regor just because we already love him and he should love us back.

"Spoilers for chimera ahead"

I could actually see corrupted vor working with us representing the "orokin" faction sooner than ballas.

While ballas would be more willing plot-wise, he is also stuck behind enemy lines with no ability to gather more support.  Also being part sentient probably prevents any of his void magic abilities.  And lastly something about the way he tries to avoid looking at you in the chimera prologue tells me he is being heavily monitored by the sentients.

Alad is definitely a worthy candidate for the Corpus if they dont use the perrin/myconan's.

As for the grinneer there arent a lot of options that arent either straight up annoying, long dead, or have far too much reason to hate us than to consider joining us sooner than die.  Outside of the merridian, (which imo is getting a bit too much screen-time among the syndicates. But that is beside the point)

Vor: void consumed

Ruk: dead 3 times over (provided he died once in gravitus, cant remember)

Kela: humiliated on her own show and dead

Lech Kril: dead twice

Vay hek: alive, but hates us in general and we keep killing his precious ghoul "babies"

Regor: we killed his precious toobmen children before many of them were "born". Plus he challenged us after natah and we presumably "killed" him for it by now. (would personally love it though, best voice acting/lines in the game)

Tengus: has he been involved in anything since the early infested quest?  Have we ever even seen him?

31 minutes ago, (PS4)gamerpie12 said:

"Spoilers for chimera ahead"

I could actually see corrupted vor working with us representing the "orokin" faction sooner than ballas.

While ballas would be more willing plot-wise, he is also stuck behind enemy lines with no ability to gather more support.  Also being part sentient probably prevents any of his void magic abilities.  And lastly something about the way he tries to avoid looking at you in the chimera prologue tells me he is being heavily monitored by the sentients.

Alad is definitely a worthy candidate for the Corpus if they dont use the perrin/myconan's.

As for the grinneer there arent a lot of options that arent either straight up annoying, long dead, or have far too much reason to hate us than to consider joining us sooner than die.  Outside of the merridian, (which imo is getting a bit too much screen-time among the syndicates. But that is beside the point)

Vor: void consumed

Ruk: dead 3 times over (provided he died once in gravitus, cant remember)

Kela: humiliated on her own show and dead

Lech Kril: dead twice

Vay hek: alive, but hates us in general and we keep killing his precious ghoul "babies"

Regor: we killed his precious toobmen children before many of them were "born". Plus he challenged us after natah and we presumably "killed" him for it by now. (would personally love it though, best voice acting/lines in the game)

Tengus: has he been involved in anything since the early infested quest?  Have we ever even seen him?

*Chimera spoilers continue*

I chose Ballas for Orokin because he has already helped us with the Paracesis. He's given us an otherwise legendary tool for slaying sentients that was likely a closely guarded blueprint by the Orokin.  The point of the selections is that they themselves likely won't be directly involved in the battle but will give us, the ones most fit to fight it, support via weapons or other tools to help us. 

Alad is obviously great for corpus, but for the 3(4) grineer options DE would have to do the following:

Corrupted Vor: He can remain as he is without breaking factions, possibly offering us a grineer weapon that he has been able to enhance during his time in the void towers. That or they give him an Alad-esque storyline where he breaks free of outside influences and neither returns to the Grineer nor really stops being a destructive force in the system.

Tengus: Give him an actual presence. Probably an entire update in itself with quest(s) to justify what he's been doing and why he'd still be important after spilling the infested beans all over the system.

Tyl Regor: He did bring about the recovery of Hunhow, and he potentially has access to study sentients and develop a weapon against them

Vay Hek: I'm throwing this turd in here because let's be honest, Vay Hek is probably already studying sentients per PoE and would likely develop the ultimate Grineer superweapon but refuse to let us use it because he's petty like that. So naturally we'd just steal it from him and call it his contribution.

I consider Void/Corrupted and Infestation to not be organized enough to contribute or even worry about Sentients on that scale. I don't think Corrupted Vor is fully under the influence of the towers, and even then those towers are mostly concerned with what trespasses on them and not outside them. Infestation is intelligent but just wants to spread, I don't know that they'd pre-emptively defend against a threat they can't even infest.

Edited by Beartornado

1 hour ago, Beartornado said:

The point of the selections is that they themselves likely won't be directly involved in the battle but will give us, the ones most fit to fight it, support via weapons or other tools to help.

Corrupted Vor: He can remain as he is without breaking factions, possibly offering us a grineer weapon that he has been able to enhance during his time in the void towers. That or they give him an Alad-esque storyline where he breaks free of outside influences and neither returns to the Grineer nor really stops being a destructive force in the system.

Tengus: Give him an actual presence. Probably an entire update in itself with quest(s) to justify what he's been doing and why he'd still be important after spilling the infested beans all over the system.

Tyl Regor: He did bring about the recovery of Hunhow, and he potentially has access to study sentients and develop a weapon against them

Vay Hek: I'm throwing this turd in here because let's be honest, Vay Hek is probably already studying sentients per PoE and would likely develop the ultimate Grineer superweapon but refuse to let us use it because he's petty like that. So naturally we'd just steal it from him and call it his contribution.

Had to trim it a bit.

Vor: I can dig that but I think he is too far gone to bring back, he sounds pretty convinced of what he is saying in his little speech.  Plus while he clearly has more free will than his peers it doesn't seem to be enough to give him any desire beyond defending the towers like the thousands of other corrupted drones.(i know this goes against my own statement above)

Tengus: I'm not really opinionated on this one, if they want to use him great.  He is one of the few grinneer who might not outright hate us, his experiment went wrong and when we went to clean it up, he blamed us for the whole thing.

Tyl Regor: like I said I'd love for them to use him just so he'd get some more lines, I play his boss battle because I enjoy it.  But I think he'd be less likely to develop a weapon against the sentients as to try and mold their adaptability into his grineer troops to cure or slow the degeneration.  (Maybe he would help us under the condition he gets samples to try to do so?)

Vay Hek: that actually made me laugh a little, because I had the sudden mental image of the tenno hijacking a formorian and leaving a sticky note saying "we swear we're only borrowing it".

I don't think he would be studying the sentients though, unless you call hurling vast numbers of completely useless troops at an eidolon "studying" it.

Edited by (PS4)gamerpie12
Grammer and punctuation

8 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Wasn’t their Gravidus Dilemma in the past?

That's not really the same thing. Gradivus dilemma didn't massively change the state of the world like killing Lotus or the Tenno permanently splitting. It split the community, sure, but in such a way that it was designed to go right back to normal afterwards.

In so far as I can tell, the kind of change this person's suggesting is to completely change the paths of players on either side, so that they go down different story routes.

6 hours ago, (PS4)gamerpie12 said:

Tyl Regor: like I said I'd love for them to use him just so he'd get some more lines, I play his boss battle because I enjoy it.  But I think he'd be less likely to develop a weapon against the sentients as to try and mold their adaptability into his grineer troops to cure or slow the degeneration.  (Maybe he would help us under the condition he gets samples to try to do so?)

I kinda  both wanna see and don't wanna see Tyl Regor turn good guy, join Steel Meridian, keep working on his tubeman, and replaced by a boss I don't mind beating the crap out of! In other words I love adorable Daddy Regor and want him on my side!

6 hours ago, (PS4)gamerpie12 said:

Vay Hek: that actually made me laugh a little, because I had the sudden mental image of the tenno hijacking a formorian and leaving a sticky note saying "we swear we're only borrowing it".

I don't think he would be studying the sentients though, unless you call hurling vast numbers of completely useless troops at an eidolon "studying" it.

It's like - why do the Queen(s) even keep him around - it's like he's actively trying to screw up. You know how every boss is predictable in that sense that their boss fight follow the same beat because their technically you replaying the same event? While in his case I just imagine he just keeps repeating the same boss battle on Earth multiple times because he's to dumb not to or he just likes losing.

Edited by (PS4)OverlordMikey

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh, you mean that quest where she was under attack, and was busy trying to protect herself and us from the sentient attack? 

Yeah you're absolutely right that's no reason not to pick up the phone when we call to ask her silly questions about stuff that's not really relevant to "staying alive". /s

I mean really, that's a very selfish attitude to have, especially considering that she's been protecting us from her own family for the last however many centuries, and specifically intervened to save your life. 

If there is a group of Tenno who align themselves based on jumping to conclusions and abandoning people who have done so much for us, I think that I might rather check to see if the Stalker is accepting new acolytes instead. Just saying. 

Yeah I am totally a Lotus' loyalist. She is a sentient so her mannerisms may come off cold, but she has watched over us for so long and kept things from us so we don't have mental breakdown. Given the choice, I would defo be on Team Lotus and bring her back into the fold.

She hasn't betrayed us, she's just confused and 'reclaimed', I will be satisfied if we bring her back to the fold although I can already predict many will be angry at this resolution.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

Yeah I am totally a Lotus' loyalist. She is a sentient so her mannerisms may come off cold, but she has watched over us for so long and kept things from us so we don't have mental breakdown. Given the choice, I would defo be on Team Lotus and bring her back into the fold.

She hasn't betrayed us, she's just confused and 'reclaimed', I will be satisfied if we bring her back to the fold although I can already predict many will be angry at this resolution.

Personally I think this is supposed to be one of those "learning to stand on yer own" narratives - I feel that storyline has been leading to this point. Likely she will return our side later in one of two ways - she's playing some long gambit that she thinks will help us given her character... although I do think if that is the case you should be allowed to call her out on it. Or se's under some kinda control and eventually you'll help her regain her senses and she comes to see you in a new light. Regardless I doubt she'll be sided against us forever.