Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Had The Talk Before, But Really Tenno Should Have Giant Robots!

Arlayn

So we have had the Tenno vs. Giant Robot talk, and we have had the Tenno having vehicles talk, and I am sure at some point in time we did talk about Tenno having giant robots, but today I was wandering around on youtube looking up mecha anime and was like omg... Some really old anime made an awesome version of ninjas in space that reminds me way to much of warframe the way it wields a gun, and a sword, and can summon shurikens from its body like Ash...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98155-the-future-of-warframe-dropships-and-nightmare-mode/?hl=%2Borokin+%2Bdropship

I actually came up with this idea once before of Tenno getting a orokin Drop ship by obtaining a special void key that summons it from the void allowing it to "Void Warp" to certain locations originally unreachable. Now this particular Orokin Drop ship can transform into a mecha that the Tenno can use in battle as a sweep attack in open room areas. Like in an open field on phobos summon the drop ship in to transform and start mowing enemies down by remote control while you run off to do whatever you need to as the mech distracts the enemies. It also had the ability to let you leave a mission after completing it if your in an open room area, but only keep certain items.

Now that I have covered the quick summary of the idea I came up with. I would like to cover the idea of Tenno actually being in the dropship as it transforms into a mech to be controlled in combat. When I mean controlled in combat I mean its going to do battle with an army of the giant Mecha the Corpus are building.

oe30.jpg

Or some ancient artifact mech the Grineer dug up, possibly defend objectives beyond Tenno on foot capability, but absolutely vital such as an evac mission.

When I mean a mech for Tenno I am talking Ninja Robots Tobikage style...

mech Except that the mech is a dropship that transforms into it... even though technically they summon it with a sword, the Tenno summon it with a key so its still kinda the same except the Tenno mech would appear first as a dropship. Sure the Tenno could beat the giant Corpus mech, but an army of giant corpus mech might be out of the Tenno's hands... Unless you want to do things the easy way and have several teams of Tenno jack and reroute several corpus ships to crash into a planet that has the giant corpus mechs which would be kinda lame...

So what do you think? A giant mech used to do battle with multiple giant robots built by the corpus, or defending a location for an evac mission while the other three tenno players lead civilians out of a danger zone, or maybe move fellow Tenno cryopods, or the likes of something needing to be evac while defended by a giant robot... not super size robot like pacific rim but like the size of a dropship... turned into a mecha which I imagine being pretty small like an exosuit or something.

you can still go back and read up on the other ideas related to this dropship that transforms if you haven't seen the original post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98155-the-future-of-warframe-dropships-and-nightmare-mode/?hl=%2Borokin+%2Bdropship but just throwing some ideas around on this one, and seeing what others have to say on it.

People not born in 1993 and before will have no idea what that is...

Well......what about Mechwarrior 2, 2: Mercs, 3, Pirate's Moon, 4, and 4: Mercs? Those were released after '93!

Oh, and don't forget the highly publicized MechWarrior: Online!

I wonder why BattleTech seems so...unknown. Even some of the MW:O players don't know what BattleTech is.

EDIT: Coincidentally, BT actually has not one, but two Mantises. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mantis_%28BattleMech%29 http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mantis_%28Combat_Vehicle%29

Edited by Rengakun

Well......what about Mechwarrior 2, 2: Mercs, 3, Pirate's Moon, 4, and 4: Mercs? Those were released after '93!

Oh, and don't forget the highly publicized MechWarrior: Online!

I wonder why BattleTech seems so...unknown. Even some of the MW:O players don't know what BattleTech is.

EDIT: Coincidentally, BT actually has not one, but two Mantises. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mantis_%28BattleMech%29 http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mantis_%28Combat_Vehicle%29

if your born in 93 most likely you will have no idea what was going on in 93... Also 2, 3, and 4 were practically invisible and hidden under hundred of other more popular titles that gamers were more into, along with tv shows like Gundam and Sailor moon, Anime was practically sweeping the nation around that time.

Also Mech Warrior Online was absolutely terrible they took Grinding and took it to a whole new level of BAD... Mech Warrior Tactics did the SAME THING... You think grinding on warframe is bad... good lord grinding on MWO, and MWT is like grinding to get to derelict, to grind some more to get to golem, to grind some more to go to hell, to Grind some more only to learn you have to grind to to get parts for a warframe, whose BP parts you have to grind to get the BP parts to make those parts... Like Holy Mother of all Hek...

if your born in 93 most likely you will have no idea what was going on in 93... Also 2, 3, and 4 were practically invisible and hidden under hundred of other more popular titles that gamers were more into, along with tv shows like Gundam and Sailor moon, Anime was practically sweeping the nation around that time.

Also Mech Warrior Online was absolutely terrible they took Grinding and took it to a whole new level of BAD... Mech Warrior Tactics did the SAME THING... You think grinding on warframe is bad... good lord grinding on MWO, and MWT is like grinding to get to derelict, to grind some more to get to golem, to grind some more to go to hell, to Grind some more only to learn you have to grind to to get parts for a warframe, whose BP parts you have to grind to get the BP parts to make those parts... Like Holy Mother of all Hek...

Ah, right. I just remembered all of that.

*sigh*

Well...uh...Long Live BattleTech?

I have a stupid prediction theory (Really a dumb prediction) that there's chances that the Corpus or the Grineer will have Supersoldiers/mecha-like mobs similar in Armored Core. Uwwaahhh~!!!

Which ACs? The first ACs, the second games and its spin-offs, the third game and its spin-offs, the forth game and For Answer, or ACV and ACVD's 5-meter tall ultra-maneuverable ACs of pure awesomeness?

All I remember he was scary in all of them...

Huh. All I remember was him being an AI and transforming into some sort of flying gold-colored thing. Oh, and he also appeared in the Opening of Armored Core: Nexus despite the fact that he does not exist in that game.

Which ACs? The first ACs, the second games and its spin-offs, the third game and its spin-offs, the forth game and For Answer, or ACV and ACVD's 5-meter tall ultra-maneuverable ACs of pure awesomeness?

White Glint from ACfA would fit as a Tenno supersoldier. But we're ninjas. Certain other Armored Cores, the one in AC2 would fit as a Corpus prototype boss.

Reference!

Huh. All I remember was him being an AI and transforming into some sort of flying gold-colored thing. Oh, and he also appeared in the Opening of Armored Core: Nexus despite the fact that he does not exist in that game.

He was the final boss in the first AC, he showed up I think in AC2AA as the transforming one your talking about, he also showed up in "Another Century's Episode R" Which playing as Lelouch from Code Geass against him would get you murdered... Also Nine Breaker and Nine Ball are two different AC units the red one in Nexus was neither, and Nine Breaker the game the final boss was Nine Breaker not Nine Ball... because Nine ball canon wise truly died in Armored Core Master of Arena as the main character took vengeance and killed him for killing his family when it was on a mission long ago...

White Glint from ACfA would fit as a Tenno supersoldier. But we're ninjas. Certain other Armored Cores, the one in AC2 would fit as a Corpus prototype boss.

Reference!

White glint and nobless oblige... those two would make interesting mech designs for mech units used by Tenno... but they should be AC5 sized... or smaller.