Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban needs explosives

skbenga

Would replacing vaubans minelayer ability with the ability below make him more fun to play?

Explosive charges:

Vauban can drop up to 8 explosive charges. charging the ability detonates the charges.

i think this could work well with vauban. he could kite enemies down a coridor while dropping charges then detonantes them as he exits the other end.
He could throw charges into vortex effectively loading it with extra damage.
It could have a meme-ish knock back effect that lifts enemis a foot into the air while ragdolling them. you could prep a room and then watch as all enemy are flung double their hight into the air and ragdolling to the ground.

I am not saying he needs a change or anything, i just thought that a granadier themed frame should carry a little c4 with him.  

20 minutes ago, skbenga said:

i just thought that a granadier themed frame should carry a little c4 with him.  

He's an engineer themed frame, not quite the same as a grenadier. His namesake "Marquis de Vauban" was a military engineer that designed fortifications.

Edited by AXCrusnik

24 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

He's an engineer themed frame, not quite the same as a grenadier. His namesake "Marquis de Vauban" was a military engineer that designed fortifications.

He needs more "defensive" fortification though. Or better mechanic than just throw pokeballs at enemies to suck them into black hole.

41 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

He needs more "defensive" fortification though. Or better mechanic than just throw pokeballs at enemies to suck them into black hole.

He's one of the best defensive frames in the game. His CC is pretty ridiculous even if you don't like the concept of it. Between Bastille and Vortex I don't think he needs much more defensive options...

This is what I would do to Vauban. 

These changes will;

·       Make him affective against enemies with guns.

·       Give his survivability.

·       Give him the ability to synergies with his abilities.

Vauban:

1st ability:

·       Make them have 100% stun proc.

·       Reduce the charge time to 1sec instead of 3sec.

·       Reduce the shock time to 1sec.

·       Make one tesla shock two enemies instead of one.

·       Holding the ability will slowly move the tesla in the direction you’re facing and double the duration. (This is good for enemies at a distance hiding behind cover)

2nd ability:

·       (NEW) Tether- Replace tripwire with a trap that tether enemies to it slowing down their movement. (tripwire is fun to watch but ultimately useless) It will slow a maximum of 5 enemies.

·       All traps are seeker traps that seek out the nearest enemy to it. (this makes it better of enemies with guns)

·       Bounce will continue to seek out enemies until the number of bounces run out.

·       Increase shred and concuss range to 10m when triggered and on detonation.

4th ability:

·       Increase the range from 6m to 12m.

·       After ability ends it will set off a blast proc explosion knocking enemies down.

·       It can now be deactivated.

All abilities will land where you are aiming at instead of an arch throw.

Synergies:

1st & 4th

If you throw your 1st ability in the 4th ability it will shock every enemy sucked in doing more damage.

2nd (concuss & shred) & 3rd ability

·       If you throw concuss in the 3rd ability while there are enemies held up, it will make enemies outside it shoot enemies affected by it making you less likely to be get shot at if you or your allies are inside 3rd ability and the effect will last until the 3rd ability duration runs out.

·       Throwing shred in there with no enemies in it will shred most of incoming enemy fire making you receive a 70% damage reduction if you or your allies are standing within it and the effect will last until the 3rd ability duration runs out.

2nd (bounce & tether) & 4th ability

Throwing one of the grenades into the 4th ability will perform different results;

·       Bounce will ragdoll all enemies after explosion or on deactivation.

·       Tether will slow all enemies` recovery speed and movement after explosion or on deactivation.

·       Shred will strip all enemies armour during 4th ability activation.

·       Concuss will affected all enemies after explosion.

·       If you throw 2 different grenades in the 4th ability, the last one will take priority over the 1st on you put it previously.

Environmental trap synergy

·       If you throw your 1st ability onto/near a trap it will override it which means you or your allies will no longer be affect by the trap but will instead affect enemies.

On 2018-12-16 at 8:49 AM, AXCrusnik said:

He's one of the best defensive frames in the game. His CC is pretty ridiculous even if you don't like the concept of it. Between Bastille and Vortex I don't think he needs much more defensive options...

I agree with this because he has very effective defense, but I still think he needs a rework only because he has so many redundant cc's that are generally interchangeable.