Please, For the Love of God, Flesh Out the Frames

(PSN)One1naM1ll1on

I understand the amount of time and effort already goes into forming and creating new Warframes and abilities as-is, but if we look to the perspective of a new player or someone currently slogging the the star chart, the addition of more and more new content may be overwhelming. There are over 30 Warframes (excluding Prime variants) available to players now, and that creates a lot of variance in play styles, which is nowhere near a bad thing and in no way am I insinuating that DE stop pumping out new Warframes. However, I think that DE should take their time with the frames they are adding. I have been playing Warframe on PS4 for several years, enjoying the quests, gameplay, and lore as it all developed in front of me. Earlier today I finally came around to doing the Mask of the Revenant quest and I found this wholesomely underwhelming and disappointing. I would use the +SPOILERS tag, but there's nothing here to spoil - Nakak gives you some dialogue and a rough idea of who Revenant was and then all you need to do is build one of his parts and you've completed the quest. I was intrigued at what Nakak was saying about him, but then she refers you to Konzu. By this point I had already farmed his parts, but I expected a little dialogue from him about Revenant or the story that Nakak referenced. Instead, there was nothing except the usual, so I decided to go to my Orbiter and inspect the quest's steps. Then I saw "Construct a Revenant Component" (or something to that effect). This felt like a tease of a quest and didn't fulfill what I thought was more of a DE standard of storytelling or at least lore exploration. 
     If you're confused what the point to all this is, I want to simply pass along the sentiment that DE doesn't need to sacrifice the quality of the content they put out in order to meet demand. The more mature and understanding members of the community would rather DE put out quality, well-tested, and fleshed-out content rather than something that is rushed, incomplete, or simply half-assed. I absolutely adore Warframe, the story and lore, and even this vast and ever-expanding community, but nothing is perfect. I would rather all Warframes receive the same amount of love each quest-based frame receives. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)One1naM1ll1on said:

I understand the amount of time and effort already goes into forming and creating new Warframes and abilities as-is, but if we look to the perspective of a new player or someone currently slogging the the star chart, the addition of more and more new content may be overwhelming. There are over 30 Warframes (excluding Prime variants) available to players now, and that creates a lot of variance in play styles, which is nowhere near a bad thing and in no way am I insinuating that DE stop pumping out new Warframes. However, I think that DE should take their time with the frames they are adding. I have been playing Warframe on PS4 for several years, enjoying the quests, gameplay, and lore as it all developed in front of me. Earlier today I finally came around to doing the Mask of the Revenant quest and I found this wholesomely underwhelming and disappointing. I would use the +SPOILERS tag, but there's nothing here to spoil - Nakak gives you some dialogue and a rough idea of who Revenant was and then all you need to do is build one of his parts and you've completed the quest. I was intrigued at what Nakak was saying about him, but then she refers you to Konzu. By this point I had already farmed his parts, but I expected a little dialogue from him about Revenant or the story that Nakak referenced. Instead, there was nothing except the usual, so I decided to go to my Orbiter and inspect the quest's steps. Then I saw "Construct a Revenant Component" (or something to that effect). This felt like a tease of a quest and didn't fulfill what I thought was more of a DE standard of storytelling or at least lore exploration. 
     If you're confused what the point to all this is, I want to simply pass along the sentiment that DE doesn't need to sacrifice the quality of the content they put out in order to meet demand. The more mature and understanding members of the community would rather DE put out quality, well-tested, and fleshed-out content rather than something that is rushed, incomplete, or simply half-assed. I absolutely adore Warframe, the story and lore, and even this vast and ever-expanding community, but nothing is perfect. I would rather all Warframes receive the same amount of love each quest-based frame receives. 

1- learn to paragraph, and the 'enter' key is a thing 
2- revenant's lore is actually pretty decent and to the point. when I first saw and played it, I also thought that this is half-assed content and is just an after thought like what they did to the recent warframe lore-wise, but then I looked back on other frames and it hit me 

the 'best' warframe quests for me anyway are the ones that are actually centered around the warframe itself. stuff like limbo theorem and sands of inaros are mainly focused on the warframe's story, while having little backstory (hidden messages maybe one of these but haven't played it in a while). stuff like chains of harrow or octavia's anthem aren't warframe quests, they're lore quests just like the main ones we have, especially CoH, they hardly mention the frame, why it's part of this story, it's part is usually small and it seems that any frame can fit in this story 

there are more quests that I'm forgetting here but I hope you get the point. mask of revenant is actually a decent quest and has great lore for revenant, what's wrong with it is the storytelling imo and how you progress through it. otherwise, it's straight to the point, makes the warframe it's main focus and has backstory to support it (meaning nakak's story with her cousin and how the unum chose her) 

they experimented something new with khora too, but imo is failed. 1- it was RNG lore. I know the rng is better now, but it's NEVER acceptable to put lore behind a grindwall (cephalon frags are an exception since they make sense) -2- it wasn't about her, it's more about the corpus guy and her cat, which is a good story but isn't focuses on the frame and lacks storytelling 

they have like 5-6 frames in the works currently, let these come out in the next few months or year, then we'll see how DE does with them lore-wise. so far garuda has nothing and there's no hint on baruuk 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)One1naM1ll1on said:

I think it mostly comes from being buisy making Fortuna and the increasing player demand for rapid content like it used to be like. In the past, DE updated the game weekly or every two weeks at most. 2018 overwhole had much longer gaps between updates and the comminuty felt it.

I personally agree with most of your post, but content drought is real and as a veteran player, I don't have much to do in the game, so there is a need for the old updating scadual. DE are having troubles answering new players requests, veteran players requests, and making sure more players will try the game and play for the first time, all at the same time. This is a hard thing to do, DE are not the only company having troubles with it.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)One1naM1ll1on said:

The more mature and understanding members of the community would rather DE put out quality, well-tested, and fleshed-out content rather than something that is rushed, incomplete, or simply half-assed.

I thought joke topics went into Off-Topic.

This is completely and totally unsupported by the history of updates in Warframe. If there are mature and understanding players they don't make their presence known all that much. The majority of players just care about content being put out. They could take their time but they get burnt in effigy if they allow 5 minutes to go by without something coming out.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)One1naM1ll1on said:

I would rather all Warframes receive the same amount of love each quest-based frame receives. 

This is literally impossible unless they only release new quests for new frames and forego any other story content.