my feelings on tennobaum

WRESinn

... this will be the last year that I participate in Tennobaum.  I think that it's fantastic that DE uses their own in game currency as a marker to judge how much to give to charity, but it's turned the community into a bunch of demanding beggers.  It would be one thing if there was some kind of secret santa list that we could choose from, but there isn't and I can't even log into the game without being bombarded with the regional chat filled with people screaming about how they want someone to gift them this frame, or this weapon, or this whatever.  People have become ungrateful and use this fantastic event to demand free stuff from other people.  So unfortunately, I'm done with this event now and anytime it's released in the future.  I'd rather give to an organization myself than deal with the chat flying by at the speed of light with people ordering others to give them things.

Unfortunately...

Spoiler

... clickbaited.

Whilst I agree entirely that region chat is currently a pathetic thing to witness, it's never been the place to go for gift giving, I'd suggest the forum thread for that.

Regardless, the behaviour is pretty shameful at times and I can understand you not wanting to take part.

Regional chat is useful for a lot of things.  I've given to a few people myself, but it's really discouraging when I give to someone who messages me personally for free stuff only for them to say "Oh... ok thanks."  That's just full on rude.  The chat is useful for people to communicate with one another in order to assist with content, missions, questions and whatever else, but now it's taken over entirely by beggers screaming "Gift me stuff!!!" constantly.  Any other time of year this would be considered an abuse of the regional chat, so why is it ok now?  Answer, it's not.  People are being greedy and spoiled and I don't want to participate in that.

Good thing I don't see the chats, but I see begging in Twitch streams and Reddit all the time. I was curious about Tennobaum (first Christmas time while playing) after seeing people asking for it all the time, but I haven't participated in it except for 1 streamer I think, same with receiving stuff since I'm set to friends only. I couldn't imagine the begging in public chats in game though. I kind of wish the event was completing missions or something to contribute to how much is being donated than gifting a ton of 5p items or something like people seem to do.

The only free stuff I want is glyph displays from Teshin haha. 

11 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Good thing I don't see the chats, but I see begging in Twitch streams and Reddit all the time. I was curious about Tennobaum (first Christmas time while playing) after seeing people asking for it all the time, but I haven't participated in it except for 1 streamer I think, same with receiving stuff since I'm set to friends only. I couldn't imagine the begging in public chats in game though. I kind of wish the event was completing missions or something to contribute to how much is being donated than gifting a ton of 5p items or something like people seem to do.

The only free stuff I want is glyph displays from Teshin haha. 

Actually, that sounds like a fantastic idea.  We should push for that next year.  Instead of gifting a bunch of items to one another we should have to do a bunch of tiered tennobaum related missions in order to build up that donation meter.  That's an excellent suggestion.

Not sure whats worst, meta beggers or us (<--self included) meta complainers.

Let people beg and be yourself by not giving to everyone. If you struggle not being able to say No, this is the perfect time of the year to learn.

Happy Tennobaum.

And yeah, I join region a lot to remind beggers to say thank you to those willing to gift. It is my way to "give" to the community.

7 hours ago, --Brandt-- said:

I kind of wish the event was completing missions or something

That's no the spirit of the event.

7 hours ago, WRESinn said:

Actually, that sounds like a fantastic idea.  We should push for that next year.  Instead of gifting a bunch of items to one another we should have to do a bunch of tiered tennobaum related missions in order to build up that donation meter.  That's an excellent suggestion.

How does playing the game equate giving gifts during an event?

Just ignore them. Much like I did with all of the reply's and most of your initial comment. 

Also does anyone really (OP rather) think DE isn't going to give the full amount if the community goal isn't met? "Here's a check for ___ amount, we would of given more but these gamers Right?" ::awkward silence:: 

Edited by Fire2box

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Just treat everyone equally....

...and give them squat.

Резултат с изображение за the grinch

I
know I will. 🎅

...and a Merry Tennobaum to you Grinchr1dian. :tongue:

Back on topic, I have to say I'm totally clueless about this. How do you even gift something to someone in-game?

And how do you decide what to gift? I mean its not like you know what stuff they've got and there's not much point giving them something they already have...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

12 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

...and a Merry Tennobaum to you Grinchr1dian. :tongue:

Back on topic, I have to say I'm totally clueless about this. How do you even gift something to someone in-game?

And how do you decide what to gift? I mean its not like you know what stuff they've got and there's not much point giving them something they already have...

If you have access to their profile, check to see if they have a WISHLIST. Pick an item that you deem is worthy of giving them and press the buttons to have a message box pop up for you to send away.

Choose from anyone you wish. Go by time played, Stratos emblems achieved, equipment mastered, if you played with them, etc....

I have been trying to give on XB1 yet seem to be having issue that if I give, it buys it for my account instead of others. Will give it another chance one WARFRAME let's me back in. Been getting the famous "Login Error" message.....