Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TIGRIS Prime - How to even further improve this Build?

Stormwind81

Question

Hi,

This is my riven build with the Tigris Prime.
As the 100% Status Chance is unbeatable in any situation imho I am not sure how to reroll my riven to max out the build even more.....
What stats would fit to the 100% Status Chance the best?

https://goo.gl/K2JuyL

I mean do I roll multishot and damage?
or
Do I roll Status Chance on it so I can swap out one of the 60/60 Mods?
or
something completely different?

Edited by Stormwind81

24 answers to this question

Builds are based on a basic mechanic (that means it needs to be learned by the individual player) called modding

You mod based on the mods you have, based on the goals you have, based on your other equips and based on your playstyle (requires gameplay)

And so the best build is always the one you make, if something is off, you know it and you'll know how to change it.

You don't need something different, you need something yours, after that is done you can progress on the startmap, maybe enter venus and such

I would switch to radiation+viral, or use Vigilante Armaments in place of sweeping serration. If you are going to focus on slash, use viral damage. If you are going to use the gas procs to deal damage, then use a mod that increases the number of procs. Alternatively, you could add the 90% toxin mod in place of slash if you want to focus on gas damage.

8 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Builds are based on a basic mechanic (that means it needs to be learned by the individual player) called modding

You mod based on the mods you have, based on the goals you have, based on your other equips and based on your playstyle (requires gameplay)

And so the best build is always the one you make, if something is off, you know it and you'll know how to change it.

You don't need something different, you need something yours, after that is done you can progress on the startmap, maybe enter venus and such

This guy has a Tigris Prime, so I'm pretty sure he has beaten most, if not all, of the star chart and is in endgame.

And his build is mostly complete, and he just wanted another opinion on what he could change to make it better.

Also, your advice isn't really good for anyone, because modding is a complex system that has some not-so-intuitive aspects, so while copying builds isn't very good, being taught the modding concepts is better than just being told 'you do you'. It would be like showing up on your first day at a new job and not being told how things work there. You may not need to be told everything you need to do, but you do need guidance.

vor 54 Minuten schrieb KIREEK:

oO
What did you smoke today, Sir?

Anyway back to the topic.
So far I run several builds on warframe build and swichted dozens of mods and it seems naked numbers cant be trusted with the Tigris in this case.
No matter which dmg-type I focus, the status chance outbeats every one of it! So changing for toxic or gas or something else doesnt give me a dmg-increase any sort. (You are welcome to test it yourself on Warframe Builder and Sanctum).
I had a build totally relied on TOTAL DAMAGE (~89k), BURST DPS (~160k), and SUSTAINED DPS (~60k) but the "100% Status Chance Build" knocked down Level 120 mobs faster.
I think Kireek was trying to refer to the different dmg-types and which faction you are going against and of course this is a huge factor in that but I try to get the most out of a weapons ground-stats. So you can always convert a slash weapon to be a good Impact weapon but why the hustle when one weapon already has an advantage in one field!?
I hope I put that in an understandable way and I am sorry for any misunderstanding from my side! I will be using the Tigris mainly against Corpus if that wasnt clear yet!

Btw so far I was satisfied with my build, my question was regarding the Riven and what to roll it!

Edited by Stormwind81

personally in terms of riven for tigris prime nothing beats a combination of punch through, multishot and slash with a pointless negative like -zoom or -magazine size. damage instead of slash isnt worse but i prefer some more procc chance on slash than more flat dmg per slash procc instance.

in terms of elements viral +rad is prolly better than gas magnetic simply because viral synergizes so well with slash and rad is cc which forces enemies to focus this target or each other if punch through hits multiple.

27 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

Btw so far I was satisfied with my build, my question was regarding the Riven and what to roll it!

Rivens are also based on a basic mechanic, learn it 1st and then engage in missions, forget sorties for now, that is just way outside the reality now.

1st take care of what was missed, then progress

My ideal tigris riven would be either damage or multishot, plus 1-2 quality of life buffs for Status Chance, Punchthrough, or Reload.  And a curse obviously.  Basically, once you have 

1. Primed Point Blank

2. Hells Chamber

3,4,5. Status mods

You have 2 mods + your riven to get another 54% status, extra damage, punchthrough and reload.  Whatever combination you use depends on the riven.  Status chance would give you a lot more options for what element combo you run, but only a 2 buff, 1 curse riven can give you enough status (54%) to give up one of the 60/60 mods.  

Without 54% status chance on a riven, I think Radiation + Viral is the best combo.  It gives you the CC you need for a slow firing weapon and the viral works well with the slash procs.  

If you want extra damage at the slight expense of status I would swap shattering inferno for blaze, as others have mentioned status while great, is something you dont rely on as the tigris has the raw damage to OHK most mobs.

as for should you reroll your riven, thats up to you, if you feel it is not performing to your expectations then by all means reroll it, its not in any sense bad, but if you think rolling for MS and SC would make it better go for it.

Utility is always a huge plus on the TigrisP. Reload speed and punchthrough are both great to have, especially considering that Tigris is one of the most punishing weapons in the game when it comes to missed/wasted shots.

Honestly, I'd remove Sweeping Serration. Its only real function is to increase the chance for Slash procs by a moderate amount-- the damage per proc isn't affected at all, so it's not nearly as impactful as you'd think it would be. Even the raw damage itself will have virtually no effect against armored enemies.

Also, I'm not sure why people are recommending you decrease the Status chance. TigrisP is Slash-focused, and Slash is nearly the worst damage type in the game versus armor if it can't proc reliably. Maybe they aren't fighting sufficiently high-leveled enemies or something?

EDIT: Your riven looks great, by the way, especially if you're going for a Slash+Viral build. (Bonus points if you replace Sweeping Serration with Chilling Reload, so Viral procs reliably and Slash has a much easier time getting its job done.)
If you don't think your riven is up to snuff, then buy another one and roll that instead-- your current one is plenty useful and you may want to come back to it in the future.

Edited by SortaRandom

15 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Some Yoda on dope

For your riven imo yoy should aim for punchthrough, at least +54% status chance and multishot. 

Punchthrough is practically mandatory for tigris, and the status chance allows you to ditch the last 60/60 elemental and do stuff like gas/electric (better than magnetic) or corrosive/fire (better than blast).

That frees you a slot to do one of two things:

- use a quality of life mod like a reload speed mod. 

- use an elemental / sweeping serration to skew the proc distribution (ie 90% toxin on a gas build, primed charged shell on a corrosive build, sweeping serration for a viral build). 

- do something stupid like i did and use bizarre sinergies (ie - i use Primed Ravage as last slot cause i use the Tigris on Harrow and i run lasting covenant, the bullS#&$ on that is crazy, 300k bodyshots and 2.4mln headshots before countibg slash procs) 

Edited by Autongnosis

Am 17.12.2018 um 07:29 schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

On Tigris prime I will not rely on Status Chance because his raw Dmg is able to one kill enemies with really high lvls.

sorry but this argument only applies when u stay under lv 60. heavy armored lv 60 enemies will already survive it like bombards for example. there are weapons which hit much harder in terms of raw dmg, like corinth or snipers which can 1 shot up to lv 140 on headshots without any help/combo counter on sniper, but tigris's one big advantage is the slash procc insanity with additional viral/rad procc. if u dont want to "rely" on it thats ur thing, although with 100%sc before MS it IS super reliable, but u will notice a hard performance drop on tigris prime once enemies reach a higher lvl than the usualy star chart stuff.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Autongnosis:

For your riven imo yoy should aim for punchthrough, at least +54% status chance and multishot. 

Punchthrough is practically mandatory for tigris, and the status chance allows you to ditch the last 60/60 elemental and do stuff like gas/electric (better than magnetic) or corrosive/fire (better than blast).

i think the status chance on a tirgis riven is a very difficult topic because the base combination viral/rad is already the best for slash procc synergy so arguably status chance on a riven is kinda wasted and another line like +slash or +dmg, maybe even reload speed if someone likes such a stats on a riven would be better. +slash for more focus on slash procc amount or +dmg for stronger ones - taste i guess. highly agree on punch through~

il y a 26 minutes, Xydeth a dit :

i think the status chance on a tirgis riven is a very difficult topic because the base combination viral/rad is already the best for slash procc synergy so arguably status chance on a riven is kinda wasted and another line like +slash or +dmg, maybe even reload speed if someone likes such a stats on a riven would be better. +slash for more focus on slash procc amount or +dmg for stronger ones - taste i guess. highly agree on punch through~

Ye but for instance SC on the riven allows you to use Blaze in place of the heat 60/60, or chilling reload in place of the cold 60/60, both much more useful that just the 60/60. 

Let alone for the other stuff like skewing proc rates. It basically allows you to have more build options instead of being locked into just that 4x60/60 build. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Autongnosis:

Ye but for instance SC on the riven allows you to use Blaze in place of the heat 60/60, or chilling reload in place of the cold 60/60, both much more useful that just the 60/60. 

Let alone for the other stuff like skewing proc rates. It basically allows you to have more build options instead of being locked into just that 4x60/60 build. 

if u have dmg instead u dont need blaze and can stick to viral rad cause a riven can outdo 60% dmg. chilling reload is an option but if u want to opt for slash u at best want 1 viral 1 rad rest all slash proccs (utopical situation for sure) so giving more viral with +cold....wouldnt be my choice. there are lots of options for every taste so whatever someone picks there are pros and cons for all. personally ms/pt/slash would be the choice for me~

Edited by Xydeth

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

use a quality of life mod like a reload speed mod

This.

The Tigris does amazing damage, it beats everything on paper, but in a real firefight that reload makes it cumbersome. You kill everything in 2 shots every time or you'll be taking damage/running away while you reload.

On 2018-12-16 at 8:27 PM, Stormwind81 said:

Do I roll Status Chance on it so I can swap out one of the 60/60 Mods

I think the perfect riven for it would be status + reload + punch through + a neg. It has low disposition, so none of these stats will make a massive difference, so you're looking for the tweaks that make the most utility/quality of lift.

- Status because it lets you drop a 60-60 mod.

- Reload because that's the downfall of the Tigris.

- Punch Through because all the dedicated mods are expensive, and because without it the Tigris Prime is the gun that will absolutely kill the first enemy in a corridor while leaving the rest standing.

That's it. You don't really need more damage, or multishot, or elementals, or duration, or crit (outside of niche builds). A low disposition riven isn't going to make much of a difference to any of those that's anyway. You're better off with a riven that lets you free up a mod slot that would let you add any of those things, and a big plus is that becomes flexible (you can have multiple riven builds for multishot, or Harrow-crit, etc).

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch

57 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

I realised something tho, a tigris cannot get the necessary +54% status chance on a 3 plus 1 neg riven :S Max roll is +51.6%

Would a 2 plus neg do it?

If not then I guess the best would be reload + punch through, but would that end up better than Seeking Fury anyway?

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Eh, barely

+1.8m punchthrough and +34% reload speed. Gawsh min disposition really sucks. 

Hmm, 34% reload is still helpful on the Tig though - better than Seeking Fury's 15%. It really needs it.

Still, yeah, the lesson is: don't spend crazy plat on min dispo rivens, they just aren't worth it.

20 hours ago, Xydeth said:

sorry but this argument only applies when u stay under lv 60. heavy armored lv 60 enemies will already survive it like bombards for example. there are weapons which hit much harder in terms of raw dmg, like corinth or snipers which can 1 shot up to lv 140 on headshots without any help/combo counter on sniper, but tigris's one big advantage is the slash procc insanity with additional viral/rad procc. if u dont want to "rely" on it thats ur thing, although with 100%sc before MS it IS super reliable, but u will notice a hard performance drop on tigris prime once enemies reach a higher lvl than the usualy star chart stuff.

Are you waiting 6sec to see the Enemy was or not killed by Proc or you immediately shoot the survived enemy again? Lvl 100 and above is zone where the Abilities will start to rule, nobody, I guess, will run it naked with Tigris prime only. If you’re focused on Slash i’ll give Status Duration a try.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

Are you waiting 6sec to see the Enemy was or not killed by Proc or you immediately shoot the survived enemy again? Lvl 100 and above is zone where the Abilities will start to rule, nobody, I guess, will run it naked with Tigris prime only. If you’re focused on Slash i’ll give Status Duration a try.

it takes 1-2 seconds for an enemy at lv 125 to die to the slash proccs unless u get no viral. with punch through its multiple if u care about positioning. with cc from the frame u dont care even if it was double that time.

Edited by Xydeth