I expect i know the answer given Sony's philosophy on crossplay cross save..

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

Question

Which is largely mirrored by DE... But  I'm going to ask anyway. Can I duplicate my account from ps4 to switch if I decide to buy a switch?

I'm kinda sick to death of being held hostage to a specific platform for these live games. But I suspect I'm going to continue to be... I'm not talking about crossplay and cross save but just duplicating my profile over, I know you can from pc to switch but I am doubtful I can on sony to nintendo...

4 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Shalath said:

Sony: How dare you even think of leaving our platform. Buy more things in our store as punishment.

Most of my friends only play on ps4. I'd just rather play on pc... And I'm definitely not going to pick up this game on switch if I have to start over with nothing. 

I will say. If developers would make a stand about owning their digital currency and making people buy micro-transactions directly from the developer's store instead of psn or xbox getting a cut of it and the purchase you make with that currency is good on any linked account you're using, this wouldn't be an issue. People are starting to get wise to the fact that all the platforms are screwing their players and holding them hostage and eventually the question of why they should get away with it is going to have to be answered with something more substantive than "because we're colluding to get away with it"..

Loot box gambling is already being investigated and will probably face regulation or banning in the near future. Companies might want to start self regulating before the man from the government arrives and declares he is here to help. 

Funny thing is, I think crossplay would be more probable than companies letting you export your data to another system.

And I agree completely, they will have to start regulating before someone makes that decission for them, but sadly, greedcomes first and they will try and squeeze as much money as they can before that happens.

In short the answer is no, not possible, the option is only given to pc users.