The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What archwing weapon are you going to use?

Vasaro

So basically as the title says. With Fortuna 2.0 around the corner and the ability to wield the big guns i was curious what everyone's preference is.

Since i haven't bothered with crafting all the archwing weapons myself i was wondering if people have a preference or which one would be the overall best. 

- Imperator Vandal for super fast fire rate (with Automatic Trigger even more monstrous), very good accuracy allows you to snipe, okay crit chance of 15% but that doesn't matter because this thing is a chainsaw !

- Grattler, this thing has restricted range of 300m so not sure how it would be on the ground. Apart from that, very high DPS stats, shells explode on impact. Mod this thing with Automatic Trigger and u got yourself a Bomb Rain.

- Fluctus, with wide-as-f*** projectiles, in Archwings mode this thing has 275m Punch Through so I'm not sure whether this would be changed when used on the ground. Thanks to AoE sweeping ability this thing is top tier in most Archwings missions.

- Some people also recommend Velocitus... well... the dmg output is nice. Maybe effective against Raknoid ? It has no AoE capability so I'm not really interested in this thing.

8 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

- Grattler, this thing has restricted range of 300m so not sure how it would be on the ground. Apart from that, very high DPS stats, shells explode on impact. Mod this thing with Automatic Trigger and u got yourself a Bomb Rain.

ah right, hadn't thought of the range limit. I was already imagining myself standing on a tower raining death all across the map

30 minutes ago, Vasaro said:

ah right, hadn't thought of the range limit. I was already imagining myself standing on a tower raining death all across the map

This is what killed me with the Grattler. Awsome damage, but I like to snipe. I got it to 30 and never used it again because of the range.

58 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

49 minutes ago, Vasaro said:

well... TBH 300m is not an insignificant distance for a non-scoped, non-archwing weapon. The post that talked about damage falloff before it was added noted that, at the time, DE was unable to find any unobstructed line of sight that exceeded 300m outside of PoE.

Edited by AXCrusnik

22 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

well... TBH 300m is not an insignificant distance for a non-scoped, non-archwing weapon. The post that talked about damage falloff before it was added noted that, at the time, DE was unable to find any unobstructed line of sight that exceeded 300m outside of PoE.

That is provided they adjust it to compensate for the reduced scale. From what I recall, Archwing missions have a reduced scale of approximately 4 times. As such, while it has a range of ~350m in Archwing mission, it will actually have less range than that in regular missions as the distance within the game's engine is actually still the same. It's the same reason why Archwing abilities on the Plains are not massive. The Grattler's rounds should detonate at ~100m.

Archwing guns seem pretty weak at this time. I remember being scared when DE said they would need to make some changes before they allow us to use them on land. It's been awhile since I even looked at an archwhing weapon, so I assumed DE would nerf them. Now that I've built them again, I can only imagine them getting buffs. How else can they compete with current weapons? 

Only the Velocitus seems viable for that weapon category at this time. I have no idea what I'll use, so I'm building them all. I have a strong feeling the balance changes will make all of them stronger than they currently are. Right now the Velocitus feels like the only true Railgun in the game, so I'm looking forward to using that first.

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE