Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity vs Oberon

Riger82

Question

Are they interchangeable for eidolon fights? Or is trinity necessary, even with an oberon?

I've looked around so far, and I mostly see that oberon's heal can't keep the pods alive. But they were all reddit comments, and those need to be taken with heaps of salt.

I'm just looking for a necessary frame for eidolon that no one wants to use, and that's obviously the pod mul.... I mean healer. But I'm trying to decide between the two healers. If trinity is necessary even with oberon, I'll just go with it. But it's just so ugly... I've called it 'lobster butt' since I started playing half a decade ago.

I mostly need to choose because I'm low on crafted forma. And while I have enough plat for both of their deluxe skins, I'd like to save some for mesa.

Edited by ssj782

9 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, ssj782 said:

I've looked around so far, and I mostly see that oberon's heal can't keep the pods alive. But they were all reddit comments, and those need to be taken with heaps of salt.

Ikr.? Forum comments are always right and that's definitely not a biased comment because i said so...and what i said is true because forum comments are always right and that's completely not a fallacy.

I'm just looking for a necessary frame for eidolon that no one wants to use, and that's obviously the pod mul.... I mean healer. But I'm trying to decide between the two healers. If trinity is necessary even with oberon, I'll just go with it. But it's just so ugly... I've called it 'lobster butt' since I started playing half a decade ago.

Lobster butt is love, lobster butt is life!

Lobster butt is truth.

Are they interchangeable for eidolon fights? Or is trinity necessary, even with an oberon?

Yes, but Trinity is more useful unless you have a team that can consistently deal damage to Eidolons, you need a buff build for more radiation damage.

This only works if you avoid the lasers, otherwise Oberon's heal wouldn't be enough to keep the lures alive.

Use Hallowed Ground to buff your team to ignore status procs.

Edited by kgabor

it depend on the team

trinity is better because it just gives more damage reduction, and you can recast it to heal instantly, while oberon's heal is pretty slow, and sometime it just cant keep up with the damage you and the lures take, but hes pretty good for the magnetic procs if you dont have a harrow for example

id say oberon if your team is fast enough, trinity if your team struggles

Trinity with a 95% dr would be pretty good. (already is, but needs some changes to Well of Life)

I played Mot and Mot fissures from time to time with Trinity and constantly spamming EV and Bless along with Zenurik dash could keep a team alive for a while.

Imagine this with 95%dr from Blessing which stacks up to even more with Link on top of double Arcane Guardians and maybe Quick Thinking if it has a synergy with armor given by the arcanes.

Why would anyone use Rhino or Valkyr again?

You can dps with a channeling Galatine build and Abating Link and never lose your energy, you have infinite energy and so do your teammates and you literally can't die until the enemy levels are scaled to levels where trash mobs oneshot you through your dr. or you have bad rng with your arcanes a little earlier.

My personal experience when I was running between Harrow, Trinity and Oberon for pub Tridolon fights is that Trinity is the most primarily crucial among the 3 when it comes to defensively supporting the team. In every team where there was no Trinity, a few lures will be lost, especially during the Gantulyst and Hydrolyst fight, forcing me to back off in the middle of combat to get more lures. When there was no Harrow or Oberon, it was a little annoying getting hit by the Magnetic procs but I can just drop an Energy Restore after and continue using Blessing to keep the lures alive. Eventually, I bypassed the entire problem with 2 Arcane Nullify on my Trinity.

The one area where Trinity is almost mandatory is the Energy Pillar style attacks from the Gantulyst where if the Lures are touching one of them, it does so much damage over time that whatever healing source that isn't instant cannot keep up. It's simply too easy for the Lures to take a massive amount damage just because they decided to move through one of those Energy pillars to get to you. 

Even if Oberon is good for being able to provide immunity against the Magnetic procs while providing some healing, energy can be gotten back through various means but getting new lures and charging them up is always going to take a lot of time. 

Edited by RX-3DR

I personally use Oberon because he works better with pugs.  Trinity requires status proc immunity that you just can't guarantee in a pug.  Oberon brings his own, and can buff team damage with the Smite Infusion augment mod.  However Trinity does do a better job at keeping lures alive.

I would see oberon more as a replacement of harrow , not as trinity.

Harrow's job is to stop the team from taking damage from the energy pulse.

Oberon's job is to stop the team from taking damage from the energy pulse.

Oberon when augmented right has the ability to give extra radiation damage to his teammates though, so I believe that oberon is superior to harrow.

I prefer trinity for the simple reason that while Oberon's heal is up your energy pizza's have no effect.

In a pre-made you should be running Volt, Chroma, Rhino and Trinity. 

Then again with the silly amount of damage Chroma does he really doesn't need a team.

Gant's laser pillars are easy to avoid, and even then you should only lose one lure.  Its when Hydra drops his green goop on the ground that multiple lures die.  Trin is clearly superior to Obe because of the DR for this reason.  That said, Obe sort of fufills two roles, so he can work in more setups, ala random groups.