Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rise of Anthem:- Warframe Overhaul?

(PSN)kfrancis902

Anthem is taking from both Destiny and Warframe to be a serious competitor, so my question is should DE start to seriously look into enemy scaling and Warframe/Operator progression. Below is my case.

Anthem has just revealed in my opinion its final piece to its puzzle which has now made it a legitimate threat to both Warframe and Desiny.

1. Weapons and Components (mods) will have base stats but will have random rolls

2. There leveling will be similar to Destiny's, a Pilot Level and a Gear Level by which the  type of content you can accomplish will be based on your Gear level.

They have deep cosmetic customization which they showed in a past dev stream. It is a lot more intricate than Warframes current showing which in my opinion was the best. There will be difficulty scaling similar to Destiny so content will never be to easy or to hard. Its Gear leveling pushes for looting to reach that maxed Gear level to access true endgame content.

The two main issues for Warframe in my opinion has always been rewards and endgame content. The content is just not hard enough when you reach at a point in Warframe and because the content is so easy there arent much new interesting rewards that can currently be created. Every single content in Warframe can be accolmplished without a Arcane, riven mod, Condition Overload, Growing Power and Maiming Strike which are the current prized jewels in Warframe. There isnt enough of a reason to farm for some of the rewards or content, think about the amount of mods you have and how much of them you dont use. It seems Warframe is backed into a corner, where they can only build for beginners and mid level players based on the games current status..

Conclusion: Anthem has shown it will have "Fashion Framing", good enemy scaling so enemies will never be to easy and they will have a path for vets to strive for challenging content in Raids etc. There random rolls for Weapons and Components give instant reason for replay ability eg All Primed Pressure Point will be 155% damage, but one will have 15% additional heat damage and another Primed pressure point will have 15% poison additional. I think Warframe needs to start its Overhaul soon. What do you guys think?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Anthem is taking from both Destiny and Warframe to be a serious competitor

Then again is just an EA Game.
I'll give it 2 months.

I watched the Anthem Streams. (the ones done by the devs, not by streamers)
And what I saw so far is pretty boring. Quite slow and sluggish. And pretty linear.
Okay, Warframe is linear aswell, but not as sluggish.

People said that Destiny 2 will be a serious compatition for Warframe. It wasn't.
And Anthem won't be either.
So no need to worry.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Anthem is taking from both Destiny and Warframe to be a serious competitor

Then again is just an EA Game.
I'll give it 2 months.

I watched the Anthem Streams. (the ones done by the devs, not by streamers)
And what I saw so far is pretty boring. Quite slow and sluggish. And pretty linear.
Okay, Warframe is linear aswell, but not as sluggish.

People said that Destiny 2 will be a serious compatition for Warframe. It wasn't.
And Anthem won't be either.
So no need to worry.

Things to keep in mind, Anthem is an EA product wearing the mask of BioWare, they have a lot to prove to anyone for them to want any part of it. So far also it looks very restrictive on characters that you can play and customize. Not to mention we have no idea how the game is going to be monetized and how brutal the micro transactions are going to be.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Anthem is taking from both Destiny and Warframe to be a serious competitor, so my question is should DE start to seriously look into enemy scaling and Warframe/Operator progression. Below is my case.

Anthem has just revealed in my opinion its final piece to its puzzle which has now made it a legitimate threat to both Warframe and Desiny.

1. Weapons and Components (mods) will have base stats but will have random rolls

2. There leveling will be similar to Destiny's, a Pilot Level and a Gear Level by which the  type of content you can accomplish will be based on your Gear level.

They have deep cosmetic customization which they showed in a past dev stream. It is a lot more intricate than Warframes current showing which in my opinion was the best. There will be difficulty scaling similar to Destiny so content will never be to easy or to hard. Its Gear leveling pushes for looting to reach that maxed Gear level to access true endgame content.

The two main issues for Warframe in my opinion has always been rewards and endgame content. The content is just not hard enough when you reach at a point in Warframe and because the content is so easy there arent much new interesting rewards that can currently be created. Every single content in Warframe can be accolmplished without a Arcane, riven mod, Condition Overload, Growing Power and Maiming Strike which are the current prized jewels in Warframe. There isnt enough of a reason to farm for some of the rewards or content, think about the amount of mods you have and how much of them you dont use. It seems Warframe is backed into a corner, where they can only build for beginners and mid level players based on the games current status..

Conclusion: Anthem has shown it will have "Fashion Framing", good enemy scaling so enemies will never be to easy and they will have a path for vets to strive for challenging content in Raids etc. There random rolls for Weapons and Components give instant reason for replay ability eg All Primed Pressure Point will be 155% damage, but one will have 15% additional heat damage and another Primed pressure point will have 15% poison additional. I think Warframe needs to start its Overhaul soon. What do you guys think?

this is also a game touched by EA, trust me, they'll screw it up too. Warframe has built a thing called "Loyalty" something EA has taken a big greasy dump on. Personally, I've no intentions on humoring Anthem. Too little too late.

• Like 4

Customization may be all well and good in anthem, but when was the last time EA released a game where you could earn almost all cosmetics for free?

I'm not going to spend dollars for some shiny new paintjob in Anthem when in Warframe I can buy an armor set, colour pallette, and even a deluxe skin with plat I traded from other players.

Edited by (XB1)calvina
  • Like 2

Yeah well promising something and delivering something is not the same.
Also if they pack a 60$ game with tons of microtransactions to get the fancy stuff (which is possible, we are talking about EA), they can go and lick my silver potato.
And you can bet I'll not leave my 2300 hour warframe account for some seemingly shinier stuff, that costs me a fortune and get bored of it pretty fast (looking at you destiny 2).

• Like 2

I'm keeping an eye on Anthem but it's not a light-year wide blip on my radar, to be honest, considering what happened with recent titles.

The thing with costumer-corporation relations is that there's this currency called "good faith." Basically, it's how much the fanbase is willing to put up with any slip-ups / mistakes the corporation makes, and EA currently doesn't have a whole lot of that, from what I've seen (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I'll reserve judgement until I see it live. Maybe try & get in on the open beta (if there will be any), and I'll definitely wait for the youtuber reviews (nope, not the press reviews!).

Edited by Aldrr
  • Like 3

I do not think it is wise to invest time in anything associated with BW EA after what happened with SWTOR after SoR update, ME3 and DE2. And it is very unwise to hype for Anthem, trust me.

In Warframe we repeat missions again and again. In BW games we play the same story again and again.

Warframe have a problem with endgame content. BW have certain troubles with following and tying their own plot treads and ending a game without a cliffhanger.

Warframe was a do or die for DE. Anthem is do or be axed by EA for BW.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

what I've seen (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

open Beta is February 1st

4 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

The thing with consumer-corporation relations is that there's this currency called "good faith." Basically, it's how much the fanbase is willing to put up with any slip-ups / mistakes the corporation makes, and EA currently doesn't have a whole lot of that

They have none, you are right about this.

Anthem needs to be great from the get go to stay afloat. It has a huge pricetag, if it is good but not great, it will fall.

I dont see Anthem being great, coz of EA mainly. But also it would need to have a lot of content to rival Destiny or Warframe. EA doesnt have much time to produce that ammount of content in good quality. Destiny 2 has a head start in that regards, Warframe is lightyears away. I suspect Anthem to be the last large cashgrab by EA.

even aside from the whole EA thing in general, bioware hasn't really been a competent company for well over half a decade at this point, if not longer.

warframe has plenty of flaws that could really use overhauling, but I don't think anthem is really going to light the fire for them.

Anthem will be neither Destiny or Warframe. It's setting itself further apart from Destiny and hasn't taken much from Warframe. 

Things like random rolls on gear was one of the biggest gripes about Destiny 1. You actually could do the hardest content, get the piece you need, but end up with the worst roll possible or not get the ONLY trait you actually wanted, which happened often. To put it in perspective it's like hoping for titanforging in WoW, which is a disaster as well. Both games suffer from the endless grind of difficult content, which wears people down.

Anthem might be a good game, but I really doubt it takes away from Warframe in a significant way. The best thing about Warframe is the company is fully committed to it. EA is simply in it to make money and micro transactions+DLC for $60 AAA games has never, EVER sat well with gamers. While micro transactions for Warframe are how they make money, everything outside of cosmetics and a few rare mods are fully attainable as a F2P player. Even then you can actually farm platinum and buy those mods you can't get. We don't need XBOX Live or PS pro accounts to play it. Overall, Warframe will remain popular because it's built up it's community and keeps a dedicated player base engaged. For perspective, WoW (arguably the most popular MMORPG) has an estimated 5 million subscribers but their Twitch viewership is generally less or the same as Warframe, which is pretty ridiculous. 

I'm very optimistic about their rework for Trials. If they do something similar to Destiny's then I might not even play Anthem TBH, hopefully that's their next big update. 

• Like 5

I started playing destiny 2 recently.

Going back to loot drops and loot rolls reminded me of how much a loot system adds to wanting to keep playing. Seems every time I play there is a surprise drop that entices me to change how I play. I get a gun that recharges something faster if I use it a certain way. It feels more lively than speed running missions to get them over with.

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, kicsikorte said:

Yeah well promising something and delivering something is not the same.
Also if they pack a 60$ game with tons of microtransactions to get the fancy stuff (which is possible, we are talking about EA), they can go and lick my silver potato.
And you can bet I'll not leave my 2300 hour warframe account for some seemingly shinier stuff, that costs me a fortune and get bored of it pretty fast (looking at you destiny 2).

This.

Mass Effect Andromeda was promised to be an amazing game and had a huge hype. It turned out to be one of the most poorly written campaign storylines I have ever experienced with such a big miss on the open world experience. The visuals were stunning, but it doesn't matter how pretty the car is if it doesn't drive well. Not to mention the multiplayer experience was such an awful glitch-soaked time-taxing BS grind. 30% of the time enemies would glitch around the map, even with excellent connections, and 60% of the time the fiend, just you know, he moved and the game broke... and that still hasn't been fixed, oh why? Because EA pulled the plug on the game SIX MONTHS after release. I hadn't bought a new game in a very long time, and this slap in the face was crazy. I'll never buy a game brand new again because of this. Scratch that, I will be buying Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Warframe works because they give you content, and if you like it you put money into it after you're satisfied. It's an amazing relationship and I enjoy the experience. We definitely need some form of true endgame to develop, which we hope for in Railjacks but if that doesn't pan out we're still playing a FREE game rather than dumping $60+ dollars into a company that's known for poor tactics.

Edited by (XB1)Kuljack
  • Like 4