Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rise of Anthem:- Warframe Overhaul?

(PSN)kfrancis902

Just now, --Q--Stryker said:

Check my previous comments farther up, it was a vague comment during E3

Which is why I have no intention of trusting that statement actually means what you want it to mean. Heck the person who said it may very well believe it too. I still don't believe that's what will actually happen. I'll be quite happy to be proven wrong.

4 minutes ago, TinFoilMkIV said:

I'll need to see a source before I come anywhere near believing that's an official agreement.

its been widely known for long time I havnt dug far enough back to find the contract but its refrenced again here 

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/do-you-guys-actually-see-destiny-3-and-destiny-4-happening-bungie-is-under-contract-after-all.455128695/

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

its been widely known for long time I havnt dug far enough back to find the contract but its refrenced again here 

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/do-you-guys-actually-see-destiny-3-and-destiny-4-happening-bungie-is-under-contract-after-all.455128695/

I was speaking about Anthem being 10 years of one game. I know about the Destiny situation more or less. It's one of the big reasons I have no faith in EA committing to a single game that long term.

So there is 43mins gameplay of Anthem on youtube (sadly by IGN and guys were dead boring) and I couldn't help my self from skipping and then turning it off. I don't know about Destiny, but warframe has really nothing to worry about. 

Combat is slow, clunky and overall looks bland... Yeah they have flying mechanics woho: goes up, floats in air and pew pew pew from distance with some skills in between. Compared to fast combat and movement action game like WF, Anthem looks boooooooring

Just now, Chaemyerelis said:

Published by EA...

Developed by a bioware that's a hollow shell of its former self...

So yeah...my bar is low for this game. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

many gamers thought same that where in the alpha have stated they are super excited for it and even changed plans about preordering it or made plans to get it day 1. 

5 minutes ago, TinFoilMkIV said:

I was speaking about Anthem being 10 years of one game. I know about the Destiny situation more or less. It's one of the big reasons I have no faith in EA committing to a single game that long term.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/20/anthem-is-a-10-year-journey-for-ea-that-starts-at-launch/

and every single dev post on it they want it to be more like a tv series with each new set of missions being like new episode

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016

2 hours ago, puciate said:

I think its too early to talk about that, let the Anthem to be first released so we can see it's not a total flop and then compare 🙂

I whose one that played Anthem close alpha,and all I can say is that game have more potential then what we seen on youtube... so in the end buy buy warframe and welcome much quality game that have all this and more.

8 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Well that's cool. The more good games out there the better. 👍

Right, as gamer we deserved fair and decent competition. The better a new game come the better next and old games have to become.

Warframe will remain free, both game can stay around and we can keep swamping bestrewn both of them. warframe will keep releasing content every year so we can return back for 1 month and play it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Anthem is taking from both Destiny and Warframe to be a serious competitor,

Unless it burns before relase. Its relase was already postponed by about half a year because its progression was based on loot boxes (but noone in EA would ever admit it).

Considering it'd be big publisher game this game will be 90% looks, 10% actual gameplay, most likely on very repetitive loop (oh, hi warframe) so i'm not really all that worried. 

It will still be popular, especially among destiny players, as destiny itself is already depopulated sad hole.

That being said: NOTHING major will happen to warframe. We might see some player drop, but tbh that'd be the ghost players (a.k.a bored veterans), who only come to do sortie or rare alert. But once everyone will realize Anthem is a beautfull mess of a game (with microtransactions), it will lose its appeal quite fast and everything will return to normal.

What DE could and should do? Polish content we already have and connect everything up so it makes sense. All the future space wars, archwings, icarus-'ish game mode... Yeah it'll be fun for about 2-3 weeks and we'd be back in the same crappy state. Adding more is detrimental at this point.

I'm not worried about a game published by EA of all people, made a developer who are still licking their wounds from the ending of mass effect 3 and SWTOR who are basically slaves at this point. I'm not going to feel bad for those people who will spend 60 bucks just because it's something new, only to be let down again like many games as of late.

Their players won't be players, they'll be dollar signs and nothing more, because that's what you sign up for with an EA game.

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/20/anthem-is-a-10-year-journey-for-ea-that-starts-at-launch/

and every single dev post on it they want it to be more like a tv series with each new set of missions being like new episode

Which is great and all, but the statement in that source is almost completely identical to what was being said about Destiny when it was first being marketed. 10 year journey doesn't mean anything beyond EA calling it the next big thing. Don't get me wrong, I want Anthem to be good. As noted a few times before, some competition should be good for Warframe. I don't see Warframe being put at real risk by a decent competitor at this point in time, so theoretically it would result in good things for us players. Also Anthem does look cool and like the kind of game I could get into if it doesn't get utterly trashed bye EA's usual scumbaggery.

But what I want, and what I think is going to happen are two different things. I'm not actually expecting much from Anthem, though I hope it will surprise me.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

I honestly think WF has nothing to worry about because it's EA we're talking about. It will be full priced AAA game with p2w microtransactions, I guarantee it. And most likely no one will see player milking microtransactions until the game is fully released (I doubt they will show them in alpha tests and closed betas looking at current EA state and how big chunk of gamers don't like and don't trust them). 

Nah, they've already confirmed there will be no p2w. First off, the game will be purely pve. No pvp at all. Second, anything that makes you stronger is only obtainable through farming it in game. Microtransaction will only be for cosmetics. Warframe is more pay2win than Anthem will be (since you can still buy frames and weapons in Warframe). 

The game will however be full priced. And future expansions will also have to be purchased, ala Warcraft, Destiny, etc. 

Edited by rune_me

10 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

I'm not worried about a game published by EA of all people, made a developer who are still licking their wounds from the ending of mass effect 3 and SWTOR who are basically slaves at this point. I'm not going to feel bad for those people who will spend 60 bucks just because it's something new, only to be let down again like many games as of late.

Their players won't be players, they'll be dollar signs and nothing more, because that's what you sign up for with an EA game.

That's what you sign up for with any non-indie game. Including Warframe. You are not here because DE likes you. They don't even know you. They have shareholders that needs pleasing, just like EA. You are here to make those shareholders money and that's it.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

Nah, they've already confirmed there will be no p2w. First off, the game will be purely pve. No pvp at all. Second, anything that makes you stronger is only obtainable through farming it in game. Microtransaction will only be for cosmetics. Warframe is more pay2win than Anthem will be (since you can still buy frames and weapons in Warframe). 

The game will however be full priced. And future expansions will also have to be purchased, ala Warcraft, Destiny, etc. 

And you believed it? Like when EA and DICE said Battlefront wouldn't have microtransactions?

Gamers nowadays deserve this S#&$ty triple A publishers.

• Like 1

Just now, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

And you believed it? Like when EA and DICE said Battlefront wouldn't have microtransactions?

Gamers nowadays deserve this S#&$ty triple A publishers.

No one ever said Battlefront wouldn't have microtransactions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rune_me said:

No one ever said Battlefront wouldn't have microtransactions. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-will-not-use-microtransactions/

"

Speaking in an interview with GameSpot, Battlefront‘s design director, Niklas Fegraeus, gave a short explanation as to what role the colossal FPS’ credits currency will be used for and how you’ll earn it.

When asked directly how credits are earned, Fegraeus said:

Well the currency system is based on your game performance. The credits that you use to buy things in the game are earned. You play the game, complete challenges, and that’s how you get credits.

When questioned further over the currency would only be obtained through in-game play, Fegraeus gave a firm, “Yes, that’s what’s in the game. Absolutely.

Keep believing in them boy.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

wiki is not a vaild source I could submit a change to make it say elsa from frozen owned Bioware and it would stay till someone else submitted a change 

It's not like the WIki page has citations or anything.

1 hour ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

you think it just became a burger without suggestions from the community?

Do you think it's a good idea to have so many players invest into a "burger" and then decide to change THEIR burger into a pizza because YOU would rather have a pizza?

That would piss off AT LEAST as many people as it would make happy.

• Like 1