Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rise of Anthem:- Warframe Overhaul?

(PSN)kfrancis902

42 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

There random rolls for Weapons and Components give instant reason for replay ability eg All Primed Pressure Point will be 155% damage, but one will have 15% additional heat damage and another Primed pressure point will have 15% poison additional. I think Warframe needs to start its Overhaul soon. What do you guys think?

I would rather that warframe not go back to this...it made farming tedious and boring without really adding replayability.
And yes, go back to, because DE moved on from random mod rolls (outside of the fairly recent rivens) because back in CBT people weren't happy going "I got a +45% damage mod....why doesn't it have a secondary effect?" or finding a "+45% damage, +25% reload speed" and complaining that it got a bad secondary roll.

We really don't need every single mod to become a Riven.

That doesn't add replayability.
That adds bloat when you grind and grind and grind and grind and still don't get the 1 or 2 good rolls for a specific mod.

People already complain enough about rivens...and this would just start the argument up over every single mod in the game...
And please don't bring weapons into it...especially prime weapons with randomized stats.  I don't even want to imagine how big the backlash would be, what with PA being a thing...

• Like 5

Don't worry, I'm sure EA will find a way to f**k it up. If Bioware doesn't do it themselves, that is.

Chances are Bioware will end up in the same grave with Westwood, Maxis, Origin, Visceral and numerous other companies EA killed off but TBH at this point they kinda deserve to be put out of their misery. Pretty much all of the key talent that made the older Bioware games great have long since jumped the ship.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Chances are Bioware will end up in the same grave with Westwood, Maxis, Origin, Visceral and numerous other companies EA killed off but TBH at this point they kinda deserve to be put out of their misery. 

This. EA is a cancer that kills everything it touches. A poison. Nothing good can come out of it.

5 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

We really don't need every single mod to become a Riven.

That doesn't add replayability.
That adds bloat when you grind and grind and grind and grind and still don't get the 1 or 2 good rolls for a specific mod.

You are correct, adding this now will be a terrible idea, thats why a major overhaul was suggested. From enemy scaling all the way to progression would need to be looked at. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Anthem is taking from both Destiny and Warframe to be a serious competitor, so my question is should DE start to seriously look into enemy scaling and Warframe/Operator progression. Below is my case.

Anthem has just revealed in my opinion its final piece to its puzzle which has now made it a legitimate threat to both Warframe and Desiny.

1. Weapons and Components (mods) will have base stats but will have random rolls

2. There leveling will be similar to Destiny's, a Pilot Level and a Gear Level by which the  type of content you can accomplish will be based on your Gear level.

They have deep cosmetic customization which they showed in a past dev stream. It is a lot more intricate than Warframes current showing which in my opinion was the best. There will be difficulty scaling similar to Destiny so content will never be to easy or to hard. Its Gear leveling pushes for looting to reach that maxed Gear level to access true endgame content.

The two main issues for Warframe in my opinion has always been rewards and endgame content. The content is just not hard enough when you reach at a point in Warframe and because the content is so easy there arent much new interesting rewards that can currently be created. Every single content in Warframe can be accolmplished without a Arcane, riven mod, Condition Overload, Growing Power and Maiming Strike which are the current prized jewels in Warframe. There isnt enough of a reason to farm for some of the rewards or content, think about the amount of mods you have and how much of them you dont use. It seems Warframe is backed into a corner, where they can only build for beginners and mid level players based on the games current status..

Conclusion: Anthem has shown it will have "Fashion Framing", good enemy scaling so enemies will never be to easy and they will have a path for vets to strive for challenging content in Raids etc. There random rolls for Weapons and Components give instant reason for replay ability eg All Primed Pressure Point will be 155% damage, but one will have 15% additional heat damage and another Primed pressure point will have 15% poison additional. I think Warframe needs to start its Overhaul soon. What do you guys think?

Oh great. Another "warframe shouldn't be warframe" thread.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

You are correct, adding this now will be a terrible idea, thats why a major overhaul was suggested. From enemy scaling all the way to progression would need to be looked at. 

Because turning the whole user-experience upside down will make the game so much better.
Chances are people will just jump the ship if DE reworked the whole game. This doesn't work.
And trust me, you don't want that to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Are you suggesting... Warframe 2?

I think for them to overhaul the entire structure of this game would enrage just as many players as those it would appeal to. I think this concept belongs in games like Diablo and Warcraft where there's more dynamic gear customizing.

Warframes model works as it is today with mods having hard stats and ranks that require higher capacity to control power creep. What we need is not high level enemies, but more challenging ones.

Fortuna provided a short experience of that, where certain META frames for destruction were challenged and players had to adapt and rethink themselves. Personally, I found myself leaning to Zephyr for an enjoyable experience in Fortuna. A warframe I had very little play time with is now becoming my new main.

As more warframes and weapons are added with unique dynamics, we get opportunities to redevelop our experience. I look forward to what new content comes in 2019, but the fact of the matter is it takes longer for new content to be developed then it does for us to conquer it. So it's on us to be patient for that.

We're going to have to get at least four or five months into Anthem to see how EA will go out of it's way to farm the early adopters opting for the p2w or p2skip portions of the new triple A projects...and how that translates into the monetization of the rest of the frugal player base with time gates and content walls...Though if Anthem hits the right beats that might make Warframe and Destiny take a pause on certain internal views of how to go forward to retain both their player bases...that's going to lead to some interesting measures taken by these developers and publishers..

For me anyways it always come down to the game that feels like it has a future...MHW is great as an example...I would be playing it now...but I know eventually they'll stop working on it for MHW2 and everything I've done is for nothing...everything I've unlocked is a server closing away from being wasted time...while Warframe has honored for the most part my time and efforts spent in game for the last five years...if Anthem can demonstrate the same time value for it's players it will dig into the Warframe/Destiny/Division/ player base...easily...if they commit to expanding it each year like De did with Warframe...

BUT..I do see Anthem as a positive turnabout..DE tends to get pretty competitive and updates, events, and specialized mods tend to drop to keep us playing..so a good competitor between all these Sci-fi games means better treatment for their player bases....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

I think for them to overhaul the entire structure of this game would enrage just as many players as those it would appeal to. I think this concept belongs in games like Diablo and Warcraft where there's more dynamic gear customizing.

This is possibly true.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Warframes model works as it is today with mods having hard stats and ranks that require higher capacity to control power creep. What we need is not high level enemies, but more challenging ones.

Fortuna provided a short experience of that, where certain META frames for destruction were challenged and players had to adapt and rethink themselves. Personally, I found myself leaning to Zephyr for an enjoyable experience in Fortuna. A warframe I had very little play time with is now becoming my new main.

This is also another approach that may work and Fortuna is refreshing.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

As more warframes and weapons are added with unique dynamics, we get opportunities to redevelop our experience. I look forward to what new content comes in 2019, but the fact of the matter is it takes longer for new content to be developed then it does for us to conquer it. So it's on us to be patient for that.

We have seen them add content for years now but seem to keep leaving out a particular group of the community.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Yes. What was once a plain small hamburger is now a 30 pound pile of beef, toppings etc complete with sides.

You want to take that burger and turn it into a burrito. I dont know why these threads are so common lately but pass.

you think it just became a burger without suggestions from the community?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

We're going to have to get at least four or five months into Anthem to see how EA will go out of it's way to farm the early adopters opting for the p2w or p2skip portions of the new triple A projects...and how that translates into the monetization of the rest of the frugal player base with time gates and content walls...Though if Anthem hits the right beats that might make Warframe and Destiny take a pause on certain internal views of how to go forward to retain both their player bases...that's going to lead to some interesting measures taken by these developers and publishers..

For me anyways it always come down to the game that feels like it has a future...MHW is great as an example...I would be playing it now...but I know eventually they'll stop working on it for MHW2 and everything I've done is for nothing...everything I've unlocked is a server closing away from being wasted time...while Warframe has honored for the most part my time and efforts spent in game for the last five years...if Anthem can demonstrate the same time value for it's players it will dig into the Warframe/Destiny/Division/ player base...easily...

BUT..I do see Anthem as a positive turnabout..DE tends to get pretty competitive and updates, events, and specialized mods tend to drop to keep us playing..so a good competitor between all these Sci-fi games means better treatment for their player bases....

This is well written and objective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puciate said:

I think its too early to talk about that, let the Anthem to be first released so we can see it's not a total flop and then compare :)

honestly judging from reviews after alpha testing session that was opened to a small group of players and how majoirty of them either went out and preordered or made plans to get in first week of its release i say odds of it being a flop are slim to none.  from what ive seen it looks on par with WF with exception of customization where it surpasses warframe by far.  i just worry it will focus oin fashion too much

I was in the alpha and for the sake of NDA I can not speak or abound much in the subject, I'll just say this:
Fortuna 2.0 will not have enough content to compete with Anthem. Also comparing a game with 5 years in life with 1 that is just in beta is a bit hasty.

But for now I think I do not break any code to say that I have many numbers bet on Anthem.

Edited by xcenic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, xcenic said:

I was in the alpha and for the sake of NDA I can not speak or abound much in the subject, I'll just say this:
Fortuna 2.0 will not have enough content to compete with Anthem. Also buy a game with 5 years in life with 1 that is just in beta is a bit hasty.

But for now I think I do not break any code to say that I have many numbers bet on Anthem.

I think the community just heard EA and is underestimating this game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xcenic said:

Fortuna 2.0 will not have enough content to compete with Anthem. Also comparing a game with 5 years in life with 1 that is just in beta is a bit hasty.

you also got to take into consideration warframe has been running along time so there alot more content there than just fortuna 2.0 yeah anthem will give vet players a viable option to go to while wait for more content though.  When anthem gets 5-6 years old i think we will find update sizes will be about the same as what we are seeing here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

When anthem gets 5-6 years old i think we will find update sizes will be about the same as what we are seeing here

I'm willing to bet Anthem won't be actively developed for longer than 3 years. And even that is an optimistic estimate. Sequels are more profitable than adding into an existing game, and EA just loves to milk the hell out of every successful IP they own.

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

I'm willing to bet Anthem won't be actively developed for longer than 3 years. And even that is an optimistic estimate. Sequels are more profitable than adding into an existing game, and EA just loves to milk the hell out of every successful IP they own.

they have already stated they have 10 years of development plans

• Like 1